Cheat confession thread…have a safer cheat food to share?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cheat confession thread…have a safer cheat food to share?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I am having 2 wicked-bad days…pain related.

Without candida I have a slew of comfort-foods and bevvies,but WITH candida the choices leave me cranky.

I needed to cheat today,knowing full well I may pay for it later.

I chose sweet-potato-cinnamon crackers with almond-butter on top.
    As of this minute, I dont regret it (tomorrow maybe different).

Maybe after hearing other people’s cheat foods, I will make better choices. Im still new to the discipline-thing.

Anyone have slightly safer cheat-foods to share?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Vegan Catlady;55505 wrote: I am having 2 wicked-bad days…pain related.

Without candida I have a slew of comfort-foods and bevvies,but WITH candida the choices leave me cranky.

Maybe after hearing other people’s cheat foods, I will make better choices. Im still new to the discipline-thing.

Green apples!

You can call it cheating if you want but my flora enjoys the pectin 🙂

Vegan Catlady

Danny33;55506 wrote:

Green apples!

Love green apples, you thinks its bad to put almond butter on those?
    Green apples sound like heaven to me right now.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Vegan Catlady;55525 wrote:

Green apples!

Love green apples, you thinks its bad to put almond butter on those?
    Green apples sound like heaven to me right now.

Green apples w/ almond butter is OK IMO.
    Yes, there is natural fructose in apples that can feed candida.
    But, there is also large amounts of pectin that feeds beneficial flora.

Use your own judgement and see how your body reacts.
    Candida will have food no matter what.

It’s very important to not to starve our beneficial flora of soluble fibers, pectin, inulin, etc.

-D

pinkbow
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Speaking of green apples, I just had one today as I am in that week where it’s suggested that you slowly start to re-introduce some foods into your diet and see how you react. I can’t say one way or the other if it’s done any harm (yet?). I am almost seeing it as a cheat because I feel some guilt in eating sugar after being so good for a full 3 weeks. I suppose the only cheat I had was munching on some cheese over a week ago (I was not aware if cheese should be strictly avoided or not).

Vegan Catlady

pinkbow;55584 wrote: Speaking of green apples, I just had one today as I am in that week where it’s suggested that you slowly start to re-introduce some foods into your diet and see how you react. I can’t say one way or the other if it’s done any harm (yet?). I am almost seeing it as a cheat because I feel some guilt in eating sugar after being so good for a full 3 weeks. I suppose the only cheat I had was munching on some cheese over a week ago (I was not aware if cheese should be strictly avoided or not).

At only 3 weeks, I would consider any fruit to be a cheat, but a healthier one.

I noticed that when my candida wasnt that bad, I wouldnt notice evidence of the “cheat” being bad until there was some momentum…like the cheats building-up until I saw a reaction.

I had a good day yesterday where I ate only fruit all day long, sprinkled with some cinnamon, and im still not noticing any ill effect. But yet, I know that if I continue this behavior so soon ( I have only been using a modified diet for aprox 11 weeks) it will eventually catch up with me.

Cheese is absolutely a cheat. All dairy feeds yeast.
    Maybe your candida overgrowth hasnt been around long enough for cheese to have caused a noticeable effect?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Replies: 410

Cheese is a very bad cheat.
    Green apples are fine. 🙂
    My cheat is some potato chips.

Vegan Catlady

ooooh….this might sound gross, but when I was having super-bad salt cravings (they are going away) I was licking potato chips,afraid to eat them,lolz.

so so so good….

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The way I look at it, there isn’t any “safe” cheat items…the best stuff on my list is stage 3 food items from the diet/food list I have created. The healthiest examples would include fruit, beans, nuts, etc.

However when I cheat, I usually go all out and eat stuff not on the diet whatsoever. I am moving currently and got lazy yesterday and went out for tacos! It was so gosh darn good. And this next weekend when we finish, we are getting gluten free pizza! Then my bday is in a few weeks so gonna eat some carrot cake and maybe drink alcohol.

Not setbacks at this point!

-raster

Vegan Catlady

raster;55757 wrote: The way I look at it, there isn’t any “safe” cheat items…the best stuff on my list is stage 3 food items from the diet/food list I have created. The healthiest examples would include fruit, beans, nuts, etc.

However when I cheat, I usually go all out and eat stuff not on the diet whatsoever. I am moving currently and got lazy yesterday and went out for tacos! It was so gosh darn good. And this next weekend when we finish, we are getting gluten free pizza! Then my bday is in a few weeks so gonna eat some carrot cake and maybe drink alcohol.

Not setbacks at this point!

-raster

Happy Early Birthday,raster!

All of that sounds freaking awesome.

Got to admit though, some cheats set you back further than others, so hoping to inspire less I-give-up cheats, and more not-as-bad-as-it-could-have-been cheats 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheat confession thread…have a safer cheat food to share?’ is closed to new replies.