Cereal

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Seashell 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cptnleela
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Week 1 of the Candida diet. Going strict. So for breakfast, I tried “cereal”. Here’s the recipe, but I welcome suggestions! 🙂

Ingredients:

raw sunflower seeds
    raw pumpkin seeds
    hemp hearts (2-4x amount of seeds)
    organic powdered cinnamon
    unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened coconut milk)

Directions:

In food processor, blend seeds together until finely chopped. Put in bowl with hemp hearts. Mix in teaspoon of cinnamon, and pour on the “milk”.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One of the problems with seeds is that they contain molds, so be sure to soak them for 24 hours in water before consuming. Sunflower seeds really set back my progress starting out so be very aware that they are a problematic seed.

-raster

aHealthyNewMe
    Topics: 0

I’m so glad I stumbled upon this. I’ve been adding sunflower butter to my protein shakes as an extra source of protein and flavor. Oops! Time to toss it!

cptnleela
    Topics: 1

Hey guys. I’ve been on the diet two months now & yes, I have learned that nuts, seeds & grains can be harmful because they have this enzyme or something in them that reacts to sensitive stomachs. The enzyme is there because the nut/seed/grain does not want to be eaten! It’s protecting itself so that it can end up in the ground & grow instead of in someone’s tummy.

adolf_smith
    Blocked
    Topics: 0

hi
    break fst is very important for daily rutine
    so keep eat daily breakfast

Seashell
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

My “cereal” consists of:

Hazelnuts
    Almonds
    Walnuts
    Pumpkin seeds
    Sunflower seeds
    Whole, uncooked buckwheat
    Hemp seeds
    Chia seeds

I just crush the nuts & seeds and serve them with probiotic yoghurt, spiced with some cinnamon! I also sometimes sprinkle quinoa puffs on top, but I’ve started having bad reactions to quinoa lately so I’ve cut that out of my diet for now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cereal’ is closed to new replies.