Candidiasis or not?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candidiasis or not?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

samot
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi guys,

I have a story to share with you as Im not sure what to do.
    About 8-10 months ago I have noticed very small white-ish area only at the very back of my tongue. It was so small so I did not really pay attention to it at all. About 3-4 months after that it has spread from the back to the front in the middle of my tongue and then it became to slowly worry me so I decided to see a dentyst what he thinks about it and if possibly it is not just some teeth associated problem. The visit was all ok, no teeth problems at all and the dentyst said that the mouth hygiene was very good, just recommended to buy a dental water and the plague, he called it, should dissapear. So I bought a dental water, was using it but the white tongue was still there. At this point another 2-3 months after, the white stuff was all over my tongue, from the back, through the middle, front at the side. Its slightly raised small dots.., if I dont clean it they usually take on size..? So i went to my GP as it became very unpleasant. The doctor looked at me and prescribed the following:
    MYCOSTATIN – to be taken 1ml into mouth 3x a day swirl in my mount and swallow and also NIZORAL tablets to be taken 1x tablet twice a day both for 10 days. Doctor did not really say what it was so I just taken what he said. This was about 2 weeks ago and my tongue is still there. I started searching net for peple with similar problems and I luckily I found this page… I have taken the Candida questionare to see whether or not I may have it but the only YES answer I had in that test was the white tongue, which I found out is called oral thrush, nothing else. I also read the other symptoms and the only one I can confirm I have is the white tongue. So Im booked with the gastroenterologist next week to see what he thinks about it.

Couple of questions I have:
    1. Can it be candidiasis eventho the only symphtom I have is a white tongue?
    2. What medical examination should I ask the doctor to perform to find out what it is? My GP said I should go for a gastroskopy as it could also be a helicobacter pilory..?
    3. If it is candidiasis in my mouth, does it mean that it is automatically in my guts as well?
    4. I noticed small diferences in foods between what is on the webpage and what is on the forum. Which should I follow if I decide to?
    5. Is this stuff in my mouth contaigious? Can someone cath it mount to mount?

Im open to any thoughts you guys might have, what it is or what you guys think about it as I dont feel very comfortable with it?

Many thanks for your help,

-samot

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

samot wrote: Hi guys,

I have a story to share with you as Im not sure what to do.
    About 8-10 months ago I have noticed very small white-ish area only at the very back of my tongue. It was so small so I did not really pay attention to it at all. About 3-4 months after that it has spread from the back to the front in the middle of my tongue and then it became to slowly worry me so I decided to see a dentyst what he thinks about it and if possibly it is not just some teeth associated problem. The visit was all ok, no teeth problems at all and the dentyst said that the mouth hygiene was very good, just recommended to buy a dental water and the plague, he called it, should dissapear. So I bought a dental water, was using it but the white tongue was still there. At this point another 2-3 months after, the white stuff was all over my tongue, from the back, through the middle, front at the side. Its slightly raised small dots.., if I dont clean it they usually take on size..? So i went to my GP as it became very unpleasant. The doctor looked at me and prescribed the following:
    MYCOSTATIN – to be taken 1ml into mouth 3x a day swirl in my mount and swallow and also NIZORAL tablets to be taken 1x tablet twice a day both for 10 days. Doctor did not really say what it was so I just taken what he said. This was about 2 weeks ago and my tongue is still there. I started searching net for peple with similar problems and I luckily I found this page… I have taken the Candida questionare to see whether or not I may have it but the only YES answer I had in that test was the white tongue, which I found out is called oral thrush, nothing else. I also read the other symptoms and the only one I can confirm I have is the white tongue. So Im booked with the gastroenterologist next week to see what he thinks about it.

Couple of questions I have:
    2. What medical examination should I ask the doctor to perform to find out what it is? My GP said I should go for a gastroskopy as it could also be a helicobacter pilory..?
    3. If it is candidiasis in my mouth, does it mean that it is automatically in my guts as well?
    4. I noticed small diferences in foods between what is on the webpage and what is on the forum. Which should I follow if I decide to?

Im open to any thoughts you guys might have, what it is or what you guys think about it as I dont feel very comfortable with it?

Many thanks for your help,

-samot

Hi mate,
    Able and raster are the guys here who know most but let me step in until they answer you too.

————–
    yes but if you only have the sympthoms on the tongue I dont think that it yet is candidiasis. But listen to Able then.
    ———–
    —————–
    I dont know, here in Sweden I cant tell the doctor what he should do. He would look in the mouth and thats it. But if you are in the states and are private. You might ask him for a check up on you stool and blood. There are ways to check candidiasis but they are expensive. Here again check with Able.
    ——————-
    ——————
    I have it in my guts and everywhere and on my tongue, so I think you can have it.
    —————–
    ————-
    Dont follow the webpage follow the forum only.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx
    ——————–
    —————
    Yes, what I have heard candida can be spread by mouth to mouth contact or sexual intercourse.

Hope that helps a little until you get the answer from the proffs here.
    cheers
    thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s some other questions to ask yourself:

1)Do you have any other symptoms? Brain fog, weight loss, IBS, hair loss, etc? Do you have any allergies?

2)Have you ever taken antibiotics? If so, there is a high chance that you have candida. Antibiotics stand for “against life” and destroy both the good and bad bacteria in the gut. This can cause an immune system imbalance in the gut that allows candida to thrive. Probiotics stand for “pro life” and can be used to introduce gut flora gut bacteria to the system.

Even though this may be your only symptom, it could get worse if left unchecked. Most doctors will call candida something completely different and its very difficult to get a full or positive diagnosis of candida overgrowth. If you mention candida to a western doctor, they will look at you like you are crazy.

-Raster

samot

Edit: I forgot to say that my GP did the blood tetst= they all came positive, but not sure if the blood was tested for candida. Doubt that. I also get quite bad and often heartburns, dont know if that has anything to do with it.

I guess that my gf should get checked as well if it can be given mounth to mouth??

Raster: I have taken antibiotics in the past at the beginning of this year for about 7 days but that is all. All other sympthoms you have listed I do not have.

-samot

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The heart burn could be considered a candida symptom as well.

The only true way to know whether you have candida or not is to try the diet. If you experience die-off and feel worse, then it means you have it. It might only take a few weeks of the diet for your mouth to heal.

-Raster

samot

Ok, I will wait for the words of expert next week and then I will decide.I wonder how many kilos did you guys, who took the diet, lose as it could be quite a lot:(

-samot

Edit: Can any of you recommend any good online stores to buy good probiotics from UK or IRL?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

samot wrote: Can any of you recommend any good online stores to buy good probiotics from UK or IRL?

MegaFlora is a dependable probiotic brand and can be purchased from an online store located in the UK. Be sure to take it on a completely empty stomach. I’m afraid it’s a little expensive, but it’s about the best and contains the DDS-1 which is of ultra importance if you have Candida.

http://www.vitaminsuk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17905

Able

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Candidiasis or not?’ is closed to new replies.