Candida/Mold road

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida/Mold road

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bouncygal 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

First of all thank you for this forum! Each time I feel like giving up I read others going through the same thing and while the info can be overwhelming none of it seems as overwhelming as this journey has been.

I cleaned up my aunts house in 2009. She’s an extreme hoarder and of course MOLD. I’ve been a truck driver for years in the agricultural field. Never miss work, long hours (seasonal) and very physically demanding. When the symptoms first hit they were nueropathy and paranthesia along with a bizarre thing: I coulndt hold my neck up. This passed after a couple weeks and I went back to driving. By the end of 2010 I had to shut down my truck. The pain from nerves, fog, dizziness and all was so bad I couldnt feel safe driving. I’ve not been able to work since this time with the exception of caring for family members who were on home health, hospice etc.

My husband and I bought a home that was infested with mold. Up to this point I still had no idea what was causing me to be so sick, exhausted, dizzy and truly thought i was dying. In 2012 I met an ENT who specialized in mold. He put me on diflucan, amphetericin B and gentomycin along with clyndamycin nasal spray.

It hit my liver too hard yet in time I felt better until re-exosed and too much anti-biotics for sinusitis.

I’ve been on pain meds (low dose 3 times per day) which do help some with the intensity of the nerve pain but have been cutting them back due to the fact they’re bad for me but frankly at the time had I not had them I gave up on living the pain was so bad.

I finally got in to see a naturopath in candida, mold, you name it and he has me on tons of little bottles of tonic. We are tearing down the candida and then re-building my immune system. I try not to be scared about all this. It’s been going on for so long. Your stories encourage me and just when I was about to throw in the towel I saw a post from raster about the baths. They really do help!

I worry about finances as all this is expensive and we are used to having two incomes. My husband is trying to be understanding but this is alot to bite off so my work is keeping my stress level down and trying to function at least part of the day. Good days (sort of) bad days and horrible days with ups and downs between them all. I feel for everyone here. If I could change anything it would be the length of time it takes to feel better and get to work.

Blessings,
    Terri

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

tude58;49493 wrote:

I worry about finances as all this is expensive and we are used to having two incomes. My husband is trying to be understanding but this is alot to bite off so my work is keeping my stress level down and trying to function at least part of the day. Good days (sort of) bad days and horrible days with ups and downs between them all. I feel for everyone here. If I could change anything it would be the length of time it takes to feel better and get to work.

Blessings,
    Terri

i totally relate hun.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Candida/Mold road’ is closed to new replies.