CANDIDA UNDER CONTROL, HOWEVER I STILL CANT SLEEP?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions CANDIDA UNDER CONTROL, HOWEVER I STILL CANT SLEEP?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Dan_man
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 9

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can offer a helping hand or a bit of advice? Been fighting against candida for about 6 months now, thankfully most of my symptoms are gone or under control :). However I still find myself waking up at 3 or 4am in the morning. This leaves me feeling like I haven’t slept enough. I also struggle to switch off at nights? I’m not sure if we are allowed to take sleeping tablets on this diet, but I’m nearly at the point of taking a chance.

If anyone is in the same boat or have managed to overcome this, I would greatly appreciated you sharing?

Thanks,

Dan

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Replies: 375

Try taking some melatonin before going to bed. This has worked for me and I have struggled a lot with sleep issues as well.

If the regular melatonin gets you to sleep okay, but you still wake up during the night, you could try taking an extended release version that will continually release melatonin into your system while you sleep.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

try a big ol spoonful of almond butter right b4 bed

Dan_man

Thanks for the reply Thomas, I will give that a try.

Also thanks for the reply Impossible, I actually tried this with the nut butter last night with no success, however I will try it over the next few nights.

I have a feeling it’s diet related, I think my body is missing/lacking something.

Thanks again.

Dan

Deborah Slater
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Dan, this is my first time on this forum. I’ve had consistent insomnia for about 3 hours starting at 2 or 3 am for a few years. The only time it abated was during my full-on candida cleanse this past August and September. I’ve stayed pretty careful with diet since then, but have reintroduced some fruits and fermented veggies and homemade yogurt, a bit of honey now and then. Unfortunately my insomnia has returned and I’m back to square one with my protocol.
    I’m suspicious that my insomnia may be from acetylaldehyde release from candida or other fungal forms.
    Last night I was awake from 11 to 6am. A good motivator to keep this in check.

Hope this helps.

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

My Insomnia started at around the same time when I discovered that I am suffering from Candida.

Mine was an extreme case as I could not sleep for 4 days & nights continiously and had to go to the ER. I have shared my storey in the past and you can find it by Searching but A part from many other tests they prescribed me Sleep medicine which helped me a bit.

6 months have passed and I have been on Candida ‘s Strict diet for over 5 of them. My weight loss is now under control, and Candida is in fairly good control but the sleep issues are still there and I am still on Sleep Medication but get very broken fragmented sleep every night and get terrible headaches during the day. Cannot even doze off for 1 minute. I have also been diagonosed with severe Sleep apnea and have had 2 MRI’s done to my head to be sure that there is nothing else wrong there as the Doctors really don’t believe in Csndida as something serious.

So a part from the protocol medication I have also been taking Prescription Sleep Medicines(Am trying a combination of 2 these days) and also Nystatin for the Thrush(White stuff is almost gone but the Tip of my tongue is still very sore and red).

My advice is not to take sleep issues lightly as deprivation of it can drive people insane.
    You can try some Natural stuff like Melatonin, or Valerian or 5 Htp or even Ashwagandha if they work great otherwise get some prescription stuff.
    If you need any further help then please feel free to ask me.

Good Luck.

impossible

If you do decide to use melatonin, it would be wise to add in the seratonin precursors. Seratonin is the precursor of melatonin and melatonin as such is part of the bio feedback loop involved in the process of making seratonin. Basically, supplementing melatonin decreases seratonin. A small amount like 1 or 2 mg might be ok, I used to get away with 3, but I probably would have been better off with another protocol.

This could I guess be used to your advantage if your a MAO A mutant and having emotional problems while rolling into the throttle of a methylation protocol. Hmm.

Deborah Slater
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

My insomnia started in 1992 and has been very bad for years at a time. I’d be addicted to sleeping pills if any that I had tried had ever worked for more than a day or two. Also, just one dose would cause depression for three days.
    Keep at it with the candida treatment. I also had all amalgam fillings removed and used oral chelation. Meditation and yoga have helped.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’ve been on sleeping medication for 10 years. It sometimes works really well and sometimes it does not. I’ve noticed that exercise helps, being away from electronic devices before going to sleep helps, turning off the wi-fi helps, making your room completely dark helps, and certain supplements help.

PS-100 and min tran are ones that work well for me to go to sleep.

-raster

Dan_man

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the replies, I appreciate it.

I also noticed last night that I’m clenching my jaw, I think this could be the reason for me waking up middle of the night. Also noticed I have headaches In the mornings, feeling a bit rough. I may have to take a trip to the dentist ๐Ÿ™

Thanks,

Daniel

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Be sure to avoid anything that can overstimulate your nerves: caffeine, MSG, artificial colors etc… You would be surprised of all the foods that can contain hidden MSG in them. MSG can over exctite your nerves causing insomnia. Try to avoid anti-fungals in the late evening. This can contribute to insomnia as well. Too much salt or anything that raises your blood pressure too much later in the evening can also make it harder to sleep at night.

Melatonin works great for me with insomnia and calming an inflammed gut down.

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

Dan_man;52013 wrote: Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the replies, I appreciate it.

I also noticed last night that I’m clenching my jaw, I think this could be the reason for me waking up middle of the night. Also noticed I have headaches In the mornings, feeling a bit rough. I may have to take a trip to the dentist ๐Ÿ™

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel,
    It is a good idea to get checked by an ENT Doctor. AS TMJ can be causing the insomnia too. If so then they might prescribe an oral device to put into your mouth which might help you a lot.

impossible

I love to beat the inflammation drum, particularly from foods as nobody seems to tie their symptoms to this. I was able to stop melatonin and valerian when I stopped eating foods I was reacting to. Also, anything that helps with the glutamate/gaba balance helps, especially if jaw clinching is a problem. I recently came across this stuff and it looks like it could be promising. If you try it, let me know how it works out.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Shield-Vegetarian-Capsules/dp/B00FPOEVK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387513159&sr=8-1&keywords=gastrodin

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘CANDIDA UNDER CONTROL, HOWEVER I STILL CANT SLEEP?’ is closed to new replies.