candida runs on fat, not sugar?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions candida runs on fat, not sugar?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jee 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jee
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 20

Hi everyone

I’ve been cutting down on exces sugars for two weeks now, and to be honnest, I don’t feel much of a difference.. Only sugar I take in is probably from some oranges I eat, once or twice a weak some jam on my (brown) bread, and maybe in a bit of white wine. I still get a bit gassy in the evening, not much after my evening meal (its like my bowels respond to food entering my stomach, if thats possible?) It’s quite peculiar that it’s only in the evening, after a hot meal… During the daytime (breakfast & lunch) I don’t have this problem..

Anyway, I got home this weekend and my mom made some tiramisu, which she said didn’t contain much sugar (I suppose only some fat etc). Now, I noticed my bowels responding to it quite fast. So I googled..

http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/articles/candida.html

This website states that fat is the culprit, and not sugars…

I quote: “FREDERIC: To conclude, the advice I give to people who ask me about candida is to go on a really low-fat diet for a while, avoiding all oil, nuts and avocado. The problem is generally solved within a few weeks, if not a few days. Often people have been battling with this for years and get instant relief from doing this low-fat diet. After that period, then small quantities of fatty foods can be reintroduced, as explained in my book, The Raw Secrets.”
    What are your opinions about this?

Kind regards

Jee

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jee wrote: I’ve been cutting down on exces sugars for two weeks now, and to be honnest, I don’t feel much of a difference.. Only sugar I take in is probably from some oranges I eat, once or twice a weak some jam on my (brown) bread, and maybe in a bit of white wine.

Jee, you’re not feeling ‘much of a difference’ because you haven’t gone on the diet yet and you haven’t started the treatment. How do you expect to feel a difference? You’re feeding the Candida, they’re growing in number, and if you feel any difference at all, it should be a worse feeling and not a better one. They’re eating the fruit, the jam, the ‘brown bread’, and the wine is making the environment perfect for their survival.

Jee wrote: Anyway, I got home this weekend and my mom made some tiramisu, which she said didn’t contain much sugar.

Tiramisu is a cake, a dessert. A typical recipe calls for at least a cup of white sugar, cheese, heavy whipping cream, and usually a package of ladyfingers or a similar substitute. This was a literal feast for your grateful Candida.

Jee wrote: “FREDERIC: To conclude, the advice I give to people who ask me about candida is to go on a really low-fat diet for a while, avoiding all oil, nuts and avocado. The problem is generally solved within a few weeks, if not a few days. Often people have been battling with this for years and get instant relief from doing this low-fat diet. After that period, then small quantities of fatty foods can be reintroduced, as explained in my book, The Raw Secrets.”

The number one rule for following any Candida treatment should be, “Don’t listen to a word of advice from anyone who is trying to sell you something.” This is because your welfare is not their concern but the dollar in your pocket is.

Freddie’s trying to sell you his book, obviously, and the low-fat diet which is the opposite of what a real Candida diet should be is his hook. Naturally any novice at the Candida experience is going to think, “Wow, this guy is telling us the exact opposite of what everyone else is, he must know something the others don’t.” If you want proof that Freddie’s nothing but a complete whack, follow his advice for a few weeks and see where it gets you. But if you decide to get serious about healing your Candida infestation, start by actually being on a Candida diet. This one:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

It says early on in the article that “fat is fat”, which is absolute nonsense and a good place to stop reading. There are many different kinds of fat and they all behave differently. Some kinds actually help remove excess fat and cholesterol from the bloodstream, whereas others will do the complete opposite. Common sense would tell you that the fat in a sardine isn’t the same as the grease from a McDonald’s burger. The guy clearly doesn’t understand anything about metabolism and cites no sources to support his crazy theory.

Jee
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 20

Thanks for the input everyone 🙂 Appreciate it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘candida runs on fat, not sugar?’ is closed to new replies.