Candida or something else? I experience many symptoms.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida or something else? I experience many symptoms.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Angelica123 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

devydev
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

I’ve been having recurring skin rashes for the past year in the form of what looks like eczema, small but itchy, scaly and blistered. When it started it was at first only on my right arm, it would come and go, but always on the same spot. As time passed I started getting rashes in other parts, specially the outside of my ear, a small patch on my leg and another one on my back, always in the same spot, but more often. Then I started to get lip problems, dry lips, peeling skin, blisters, cracks…

I started keeping a diary since October of good and bad days. I noticed a pattern, I feel bad twice as much as I feel good. I would have a rash for 2 weeks, and then be good for 1 week. Even when they are only days apart, there are more bad days than good days.

My treatment at first was cortisone for rashes and all sorts of lip balms for my lips. I realized I was making things worse, specially with the balms, as I got a few allergic reactions, and it made it worse.

I started looking up Candida symptoms on the internet, and did a couple of online questionnaires that came positive on Candida overgrowth given my symptoms. I realized that I was having many other symptoms that I deemed “normal”, but the more I read the more it seems like I might have overgrowth. I have occasional headaches, stomachaches, loss of energy, loss of appetite, bad sleep patterns, mild depression and what’s worse, intense craving for sugars.

I’ve lived a VERY sedentary life for the past 2 years, I work at a desk, sitting down all day, and I was eating LOTS of crap food, for breakfast, lunch, dinner. And sodas, energy drinks, chocolate bars. I’ve never been the fat type but I gained some weight, although it wasn’t very evident, I started to look “skinny-fat” if you know what I mean.

Since I started a strict no sugar diet last Sunday my sugar cravings are worse than cigarettes. My rashes are getting active, all of them, and so are my lips, everything at the same time. Oozing, blisters, itchiness… Is this a detox sign?

I just need some advice, I’m not sure what I have is Candida or not but these symptoms are driving me crazy. I can live a normal life, hang out with people, party, etc, but I always feel like people are going to notice, and it makes me feel very insecure.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If its not candida, then you likely have general liver issues from my experience. You liver likely isn’t working properly, so your body detoxes via the skin as an alternative. As far as what is causing these toxins, thats for you to figure out. I recommend getting a positive diagnosis via testing before you embark on this. Also, the cigs will greatly benefit the yeast and your poor health if you do an anti-candida thing…I just quit 4 months ago and feel a lot better. Those things are ruining your health man (sorry to be harsh).

Its likely a bunch of problems all interwoven together. Poor liver, poor digestion, toxicity, inflammation, pH problems, thyroid/adrenal health problems, etc. In other words, its not all candida imho.

-raster

devydev

Thank for your comments raster. There’s probably a bunch of stuff wrong with me that’s causing these symptoms. I haven’t had a headache since I started the diet though. I’ve been using natural Castor Oil and an antifungal cream (first time I use one) on my lip rash, and multivitamins, probiotics for the past few days. My lips are healing very slowly, when I woke up this morning the rash is all crusty, but it isn’t weeping anymore. Also I have been running 20 min a day for the past 3 days. I read that cardio helps to eliminate more toxins, so I’m going to sweat everyday and hopefully that will accelerate the healing.

I’d like go to a dermatologist, but my insurance is crap and so is my income. If I can save up to $200 next month I might be able to pay for the visit and the first evaluation, but until then I’m going to keep the diet for another two weeks at least and see if my rashes and lips get better, and don’t get as bad again.

devydev

Just an update. Been doing the diet for 9 days now, and I am starting to feel better. Running everyday isn’t even an effort anymore, I even crave sports and don’t crave sugars as much as I did the first few days (it was crazy). My main rash in the arm has almost disappeared, but my leg and back still itch a bit. My ears are clear since 2 days ago. My lips have been getting better but very slowly; the rash was almost gone this morning, but the symptoms usually get worse at night anyway, wish me luck. I haven’t gotten diagnosed yet, nor I think I will soon but I’ll keep the diet and I’ll keep reporting every week, at least that way I keep a self-diary somewhere.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

devydev;57093 wrote: Just an update. Been doing the diet for 9 days now, and I am starting to feel better. Running everyday isn’t even an effort anymore, I even crave sports and don’t crave sugars as much as I did the first few days (it was crazy). My main rash in the arm has almost disappeared, but my leg and back still itch a bit. My ears are clear since 2 days ago. My lips have been getting better but very slowly; the rash was almost gone this morning, but the symptoms usually get worse at night anyway, wish me luck. I haven’t gotten diagnosed yet, nor I think I will soon but I’ll keep the diet and I’ll keep reporting every week, at least that way I keep a self-diary somewhere.

Devy,

What is your history and when did your health problems start?
    What do think triggered some of these symptoms?

-D

devydev

Danny33, I don’t have a history of disease or allergies, this is all pretty new to me. The first outbreak of the rash was 2 years ago on my arm, and it would flare pretty badly, like all crusty and weepy. Then I started getting other rashes and specially lip problems, peeling, dry, blisters… and this is what bothers me the most. I tried eliminating allergens first, like gluten and dairy, but it didn’t make much of a difference although I’m not eating any more of that.

I don’t know what triggered the symptoms. I used to have a quite active life style 3 or 4 years ago, but my job now keeps me tied to a desk all day, and during the past 2 years my diet was real bad. Then things started to get worse, and now it’s constantly every other day something flares up. That’s why I’m trying the Candida diet.

Only bad habits I have is smoking, and I should quit. Other than that I haven’t done serious exercise in 2 years, until last week when I started the diet I begun running everyday. I also have terrible sleep patterns, partly because of my job schedule, but also I suffer from insomnia regularly, and it takes me forever to fall asleep.

devydev

So another update. Been doing the diet for some time now, and overall I’m feeling better, specially mentally and physically. My headaches are completely gone, and last week I was almost perfect, no itchiness, clear lips, etc. But I cheated, I had a few drinks that weekend, and I think it started kicking back this week, because my arm and ear rashes started getting active again, my lips are again dry an blistered, this sucks… I was going on a date tomorrow, looks like I won’t be going. Sometimes the my lips get well from night to day almost miraculously, but I messed with a scab last night an today it’s all sore and red.

Angelica123
    Topics: 4

Its really nice to hear that you’re feeling better on your diet. If that’s the case, then you probably know what you have to do – cut out the alcohol. (assuming it was alcohol). You’ve given yourself a test, and the result was that the alcohol made your symptoms worse. – maybe you can learn from this., I’m glad though that its generally working out for you. Great!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida or something else? I experience many symptoms.’ is closed to new replies.