Candida newbie advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida newbie advice

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anthony16
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 4

Hi guys,
    Im new here and although iv spoken to a candida expert on this forum recently,just looking to get as many opinions as possible as to whether
    A)i have candida
    B)Is my diet strict enough

Ok so,my symptoms are
    Facial rosacea,psoriasis,rashes on my back on certain nights,very severe dry eye,very sensitive skin,acne,hair loss on my head,pubic region and legs.
    I took many cycles of antibiotics for acne when younger as well as for minor ailments like colds and flus.
    In addition i took the dreaded accutane whic seems to have caused all these symptoms.
    Do u think accutane can bring an underlying candida to the forefront?

Also,my diet at the minute
    Breakfast:Gluten free rolled oats with goat milk
    Lunch:2 pears and 2 celery stalks
    Dinner:Quinoa,2 chicken fillets,carrot,brocolli and about 1litre goat milk.
    Also drink 2 litres water every day.
    Based on advice,im going to try and switch the milk to kefir and maybe swith the pears for a low sugar fruit,like avocado?
    Any advice/suggestions i really appreciate
    All these symptoms are playing havoc with my emotional and physical well being.
    Thanks a lot

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Anthony,

I think oats and carrots are out per the candida diet. If you did not already, please check out the protocol that people on this forum are following:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1922_Index-of-Posts.aspx

Also, in this post there is a lot of great informative reading you can do. I suggest you read it all or most before you go into the diet.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1922_Index-of-Posts.aspx

Not sure if you have candida or not. The diet suggested here is healthy. You can try and see how you feel, there is not much to loose besides few pounds. If you get die-off about week or two after starting the diet, most likely you have some form of candida overgrowth and you should get rid of it for your own health and better future. If your symptoms you listed are candida related, they should eventually get better and then go away. The timeline is unknown, it all depends on how bad you have it. It’s not the easiest path you can take, but if you want to allow your body to heal itself from many underlying cause of various symptoms, you should do it. Many of us started the diet for one or two symptoms that we knew were candida related, but also experienced many other symptoms for which we didn’t know were related also clear after a while.

Good luck and if after reading everything I posted you still have questions, please ask and one of the “candida gurus” will respond I’m sure.

Arijana

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Anthony16 wrote: Hi guys,
    Im new here and although iv spoken to a candida expert on this forum recently,just looking to get as many opinions as possible as to whether
    A)i have candida
    B)Is my diet strict enough

Ok so,my symptoms are
    Facial rosacea,psoriasis,rashes on my back on certain nights,very severe dry eye,very sensitive skin,acne,hair loss on my head,pubic region and legs.
    I took many cycles of antibiotics for acne when younger as well as for minor ailments like colds and flus.
    In addition i took the dreaded accutane whic seems to have caused all these symptoms.
    Do u think accutane can bring an underlying candida to the forefront?

Also,my diet at the minute
    Breakfast:Gluten free rolled oats with goat milk
    Lunch:2 pears and 2 celery stalks
    Dinner:Quinoa,2 chicken fillets,carrot,brocolli and about 1litre goat milk.
    Also drink 2 litres water every day.
    Based on advice,im going to try and switch the milk to kefir and maybe swith the pears for a low sugar fruit,like avocado?
    Any advice/suggestions i really appreciate
    All these symptoms are playing havoc with my emotional and physical well being.
    Thanks a lot

To echo orka’s post, I think you should give the diet a try and see how you get on.

The first two weeks were really hard for me, but my dependency on sugar (especially Coke and Red Bull) has pretty much gone. I’m eating according to the Protocol and am about to try my first kefir batch tonight – it will be done when I get home (sad that this excites me!!)…

Just looking at your diet plan…

Breakfast – avoid the oats, not good if you have Candida

Lunch – avoid the pears, like you said maybe add avocados or create your own salad (from the allowed foods list) and drizzle a bit of olive oil on it.

Dinner – cut down on the quinoa, especially at the start. Go for some more vegetables. Avoid carrots as well.

Not sure how good 1L of goat’s milk with your dinner is, someone will need to make a comment on that.

Through some more eggs into your diet as well, I use eggs as my main protein source right now as meat still seems to bloat me right up, so sticking to eggs right now.

It’s worth a test, but you MUST be strict with yourself to see if this works. Apart from the brain fog I feel so much better already and I am confident over time they rest of my symptoms will heal as well.

Cheers, Sam.

PS. I went down from 11stone 10 to 11stone flat so I am very happy about that also!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Switch to oat bran instead of rolled oats, cut the pears because they are a high sugar fruit. If you want to eat a fruit that is lower in sugar, I would recommend checking out green apples and/or blueberries. Consider these to be cheat items while on the diet.

The goat milk also is likely feeding the candida so I would remove this as well.

Have you had any die-off symptoms? Are you taking any antifungals?

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Candida newbie advice’ is closed to new replies.