Candida log Almost 7 months, feeling great and super positive!!!!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida log Almost 7 months, feeling great and super positive!!!!

This topic contains 48 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Today is officially 3 months

This definitely an up and down battle. Today is a down day because I discovered I have an allergy to eggplant. I’m not surprised because I eat it very often. Not to big of a deal. I have to say that I’m extremely excited to drink my homemade kefir. I’m still waiting for the grains to dehydrate. I was really unaware of the amazing benefits of kefir and how it improves my candida treatment. Kefir plays a huge role in the digestive system and the immune system which are the 2 most important things when dealing with candida overgrowth in the intestinal track. I’m hoping the kefir will be the missing piece to being symptom free and healing.

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone.

Positivo

I have realized that I feel symptom free when I do not eat chicken. Animal protein causes gas for me and I also adjusted my portions. This is what I have to do to feel symptom free and it feels great. I do fine with sardines so I’ll eat 3 cans (3 servings) a week. For those struggling with gas reduce your portions so that you can eat every 3 hrs or so without feeling full but satisfied and cut out chicken or eggs and see how you feel.

Positivo

Week 13 update

I like to update constantly so I can look back on my progress. After a tough week with gas because of some store bought kefir I’m back to feeling good. I know I’m going to beat this, it’s just gonna take time. I also got a job at vitamin shoppe so now I can buy all the supplements I need and buy even more veggies to juice. I’m not symptom free yet. I’m having some good days and some bad days. I also wanted to post some of the foods that I hope I can eat regularly not daily. This doesn’t include supplements but if anyone things there’s something I should add or remove let me know. I look forward to being free of this and not coming back.

Almonds (soaked)
    Hazelnuts (soaked)
    Walnuts (soaked)
    All seeds (soaked)
    Hemp protein
    Gluten free oatmeal
    Oat bran
    Ground beef occasionally
    Chicken
    Turkey (bacon and white meat)
    Eggs
    Salmon, sardines, other sea food occasionally
    Cheese 
    Rice (brown, wild, black)
    Brown rice tortilla
    Quinoa
    Buckwheat (groats and cream of buckwheat)
    Milk kefir
    Fruits
    Sweet plantains 
    Granola cereal (soaked seeds, nuts, berries kefir)
    almond butter
    Coconut oil
    Coconut milk
    All veggies
    Protein smoothie (hemp protein, almond butter, banana, coconut milk/oil)
    Veggie juice everyday (cucumber, celery, ginger, lemon)
    All beans

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Positivo, I hope you’re not talking about adding these foods beginning now. Exactly when and how do you plan to add them?

Positivo

Able you should know I’m not that damn stupid or crazy. I would introduce each item one by one, one week at a time AFTER I have my candida under control. I wanted to post this because I wanted to know if they foods would promote another overgrowth. This is stuff I would eat for the rest of my life when I can eat normal again. I don’t want to eat anything that creates a friendly environment for candida so do you think I would be able to eat this after I clear up? This is not for the treatment or even soon after this is like a month or two after everything clears up, just something to look forward to that’s all. Trust me I’m feeling too good to throw this all away. Let I said before I’m not breaking the diet until I know candida is under control.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Positivo wrote: Able you should know I’m not that damn stupid or crazy.

Positivo, don’t judge me so quickly, as I was not judging you, I was only asking for clarification of your statement. I’ve seen enough surprises (and stupid mistakes) from members here to last me a lifetime, so many in fact that I put no action in the category of “impossible” any longer. Even after all this time I cannot read the minds of the members, and I based my question solely on a statement in your post. Specifically, “I also wanted to post some of the foods that I hope I can eat regularly not daily.” There was no mention of a timeframe in that sentence.

I wanted to post this because I wanted to know if they foods would promote another overgrowth

Speaking of “knowing” – you should know Raster and I well enough to know that we cannot give you a definite “yes” or “no” answer to the statement above. The answer depends on you, not on what we decide.

just something to look forward to that’s all

With me, during the infestation, “something to look forward to” was being 100% symptom-free, nothing else as that is all I concentrated on. So maybe that’s why I didn’t read between the lines and know what you were really saying in the post.

All I can do is to give you an idea of how I’ve kept my infestation under control and symptom-free for nearly a year. Some of the foods you’ve named I am still eating only very limited amounts of on a bi-weekly basis, and some I have not introduced at all. There’s no research available as far as when one really should introduce new foods after curing a full Candida infestation, so this is why I’m ‘treading softly” so to speak since I want to post whatever works in a positive way as I add new foods to my diet for those who are interested. Fortunately, the way I’ve handled it so far has caused zero negative effects. The foods below I have not yet added regularly or in some cases not at all.

Gluten free oatmeal – not at all
    Cheese (I only have pimento cheese about once a week, occasionally twice)
    Rice (brown, wild, black) – not at long, although I’ve tested it.
    Brown rice tortilla – not at all although I’ve tested regular tortillas.
    Fruits (I’m still having only Granny Smith apples and a quarter cup of blueberries on a regular basis meaning several times a week)
    Sweet plantains – not at all
    Smoothie with bananas – not at all

I’m not suggesting that anyone else do as I have done; I’m only stating that I know that this way has been completely safe for me.

Able

Positivo

Thanks able,

I should be more clear in my post to make sure everyone understands me. My mind is mainly focused on healing but my future diet does cross my mind as it should since we all know candida can come back rather easily. There’s just doesn’t seem to be a consensus on what would trigger a infestation in terms of food. I’m trying to get a better understanding of how food plays a role in candida aside from the obvious sugar, refined and processed foods. Thanks anyways.

Positivo

Update

Hey guys

I have finally realized that I have not had a candida symptom or die off reaction in some time. The gas and constipation that I have been experiencing is part of two things. One the leaky gut and two the lack of stomach acid. These both lead to poor digestion. This week I decided to look into hcl and how I should take it and when I get the doses right I feel perfectly fine. I misinterpreted gas as a candida symptom, which in my case it was not. It’s a sign of really poor digestion. I have been taking zypan on and off for a while but I wasn’t getting the results I wanted because I wasn’t using it consistently and properly. Now I use 1 tablet for raw salads and 3 tablets for cooked veggies, buckwheat and oatbran. I know there are a lot of people that have problems with gas so I recommend getting a hcl supplement and read up on how to train your stomach to produce acid properly. http://www.modernherbalist.com/betaine.html

The white coating on my tongue has improved as well. I started oil pulling 2 weeks ago with sun flower oil and I wasn’t getting results. I switched to coconut oil this Monday and I already see results. I always knew that coconut oil would do better but I was using so much coconut oil for eating that I didn’t want to spend more money buying more and more coconut oil. Sun flower oil is a lot cheaper but pretty ineffective. I’ll just use the sun flower oil as maintaince when the white coating disappears and for future pulling after candida.

Feeling very positive and good overall. Good luck to everyone

Positivo

Hey guys

I haven’t posted here in a while. I have been very busy with work and school. Tomorrow makes 18 weeks. I have been experiencing mixed reactions. I was doing well but ever since I started working, waking up at 5 am, drinking tons of kefir and eating hempseedsI have been getting bad and frequent bowels movements. I don’t know if this a good effect from kefir. I should note that im not getting much or any die off from antifungals anymore. Last night I took 6-7 tablespoons of coconut oil and 40 drops of grapefruit seed extract and barely felt a thing. As you may have read I used to get tons of diarrihea from antifungals like coconut oil. I’m confused because I’m getting bad bowel movements with everything I eat. There isn’t any kind of consistency. Oatbran will give me diarrhea one day and then another it won’t. Same happens will all my meals even veggies with avocados. I thought it was a bad reaction from kefir but I just drank 2 cups of kefir with body ecology ecobloom which is chicory root at 9am this morning and I still haven’t gotten a reaction and when I was drinking store bought kefir I would get alil gas but that’s it so I don’t think I’m allergic to milk kefir. So it’s confusing there’s no consistency. I’m starting to think its the lack of sleep and stress because when I wake up at 5 am my stomach isn’t to happy.

I’m still on the diet but I don’t juice much because I don’t really have money for all the veggies and I eat more oatbran and buckwheat 4 days a week when I work and when I’m off I don’t eat it at all just to balance it out a bit. I also bought body ecology culture starter which is used to make cultured vegetables. I think because I’m getting little to no die off this is a great opportunity to get tons of beneficial bacteria in my gut. I think I might have to go along with these reactions. It could be a good thing in hind sight. As we all know this is a tedious process mixed with patience and some trial and error. I have no problem staying on this diet for the long term. As long as I make a full recovery I don’t mind at all. I’m going to continue taking the anti fungals despite not getting die off and I will continue the kefir. If I don’t see improvements I will try it without cows milk just to test it out. I’m not losng hope and neither should anyone else. Good luck to everyone

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello positivo,

From my experience its an up and down constant battle.

Here’s a graph of what its like to progress on the protocol:

But flip the graph around. You should slowly get better but lots of leveling out, etc.

I also found that my digestion varies too but its become more regular in time. After most of the die-off is over and things normalize, it should improve as the inflammation improves.

-raster

Positivo

Thanks raster

I can definitely tell. Today I don’t have a problem with bowel movements but I have a massive headache. This is the first one I have had even before I started the treatment which is about 5 months ago. I also reassured myself not having a reaction to my meals like kefir because I’ve had almost 4 cups so far today and I’m not having bowel troubles. I think im going to wait it out. This could be a good thing happening. I’m also going to try to get some pure aloe Vera juice and colostrum because I know leaky gut is a huge issue and I need to start some supplements to address it. I’m feeling hopeful. Thanks again.

Positivo

Update 5 months

I wanted to let everyone know I’m doing much better as of lately. Still no more die off. I still have the white coating on tongue even though I tried oil pulling. This lets me know that even though I’m not getting die off the candida is still present in my gut just in smaller numbers then before. I recently started to take slippery elm, aloe Vera juice, licorice root and marshmamroot to heal my leaky gut as well as eating cultured vegetables and drinking tons of kefir. I get gas from these cultured foods which is natural and over time will diminish as the probiotics in these foods try to take control over the candida. Other then that I am feeling great. I’ve had major improvements in my bowel movements and I’m having less movements but still about 2-3 a day which I believe to be good. Everything is going good. I don’t have any desire to cheat what’s so ever. At work I see and smell junk foods like pizza and I could care less as well as see people stuff their face with chocolate cake and brag about how good it is and then complain about how their stomach hurts. This experience has opened my eyes to how sick people in our country are getting. We are flooded with cancer and many diseases and people are asking themselves how did they get it. We should all learn from this. I’m dedicated to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I’ve avoided the forum lately because I feel people want a quick solution so they can go back to their old ways and I really don’t get it. Regardless I’m feeling great because of these new additions I have made and I believe these cultured foods are going to help me reach my goals. I encourage everyone to read Donna gates book and research cultured foods and candida. Good luck to everyone.

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

Positivo! I’m glad someone agrees with me regarding long standing food consumption. I too look around and see people eating things called food by they aren’t food at all. They are junk loaded with preservatives designed to make the companies rich and our health crap. I like eating this way and I’m in it for the long haul. I never knew how much we needed our guts, and healthy guts. Some people like fancy cars…..(I do too), but I like fancy guts. Once I get them back in order, I’m taking care of them and keeping them. 🙂

Thanks for the updates. Glad you are continuing to improve. 🙂

Positivo

Yes this kind of diet will be the base of my eating habits. Of course one day we can add other healthy foods but I’m glad I have food to eat and I find myself with so many veggies that I have to over eat just to make sure they don’t go to waste. I work at the vitamin shoppe and people come in everyday wanting to skip meals and drink fake protein shakes and eat protein bars 2 times a day everyday. I feel bad for these customers. The products are 100% chemicals and sugar which is a drug in my opinion.

Thanks for reading I will keep everyone updated

Positivo

Update Just about 7 months

Hey guys,

I just wanted to keep everyone updated on my progress. I have alot to write about so lets get started. First of all Im feeling great. I know I am not cured yet but I feel like its happening day by day. The reason being is that my digestion has been awesome lately. If you read my other posts then you would know about my digestive complaints but now Im doing great. Its not perfect but I no longer have bloating, no diarrhia, some gas still but I figure thats normal as I continue to re-establish my gut flora. I have regular clean bowel movements a couple times a day. I used to have really bad diarrhia, loose stool or I would just be constipated. This has improved ten fold which makes me very happy and grateful. I no longer feel like a victim or like things are out of my control. I am able to move freely and accomplish so much during my day as I work part time and go to school full time. A year ago I couldn’t do either and now I am doing both. I know I still have candida but in a much smaller amount because I still have a little bit of fatigue(which could be a mix of going to school, standing up for hours at work, candida and the strict diet) the white coating on tongue and low sex drive. I know these will improve with time and when I am able to expand my diet. Other than that I am symptom free and die off free. I would like to let everyone know that I have slacked off big time on the anti-fungals and molybdenum because I ran out and I rather spend my money on probiotic foods. I feel like its more important for my to continuously repopulate my body with probiotics(supplements, kefir, cultured vegetables). I should note that I took 8-9 tablespoons of coconut oil and 30 drops of grapefruit seed extract in about an hour time frame and felt absolutely no die off. That says alot to me considering that I slacked on them, I stopped taking molybdenum and I used to get really bad diarriha and nausea from them. I have been taking liver supplements though such as Livercare and I just started using milk thistle. I also ordered molybdenum just to make sure I dont run out off supplements that protect my liver. I also had a colonic about a month or so ago. I felt like I needed it. I know its not for everyone but ever since I did it I started to see a huge improvement in my digestion along with eating smaller and more frequent portions. I think that is key to avoiding gas and bloating. Just eat small meals!!!!!!!!!!!!! I havent been eating much meat. There are weeks where I have chicken or fish for 4 days(only recently due to my improvements) but then there are weeks where I only eat 1-2 eggs a day. I also eat less oat bran and buckwheat. They are beneficial but I was eating too much in my opinion. I keep it to 1-2 servings a day and 1 serving per meal which is about 1/3 of a cup. Thats plenty in my opinion. I feel like I have made great progress and Im extremely happy. I could have made more progress if I would of understood the importance of eating small meals. Eating large meals makes you bloated, slows down digestion, allows any organism in your body the opportunity to have a feast on the food thats just sitting there and eventually causes really bad gas.

At this stage in my treatment I am focusing on probiotic foods. I drink tons of kefir, particularly before bed and eat cultured green cabbage with my meals whenever I have an opportunity. I see and feel the improvements from doing this. I still put coconut oil in my oat bran and buckwheat very liberally but I plan to use anti-fungals when I can to see if I get a reaction. I do not plan on introducing foods now. I tried coconut milk and hemp seeds and I am not sure if I got a reaction from them or if it was die off at the time but I rather not take any chances. I am happy with my eating plan. I will wait till I am confident that my gut flora is repopulated before I introduce something new. I currently eat eggs, avocadoes, extra virgin olive oil(liberally), raw spinach salad everyday, cooked kale, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, turnip greens, mustard greens, coconut oil, oat bran, buckwheat, brussels sprouts, kefir, cultured vegetables, wild caught sockeye salmon, chicken, lemons, licorice tea, marshmallow root tea, slippery elm powder, colostrum powder, chicory root inulin powder.
    I am also taking other supplements that are listed in able’s post for vitamins and minerals.
    I hope to be cured within time. I will be patient because I have made great progress and there are days where I feel perfect. I hope you all remain patient. I have never cheated on the diet and I hope non of you do. It is not worth it. Feeling free and empowered is such a great reward. Dont let yourself become the victim of candida. Its hard and it takes time. I first thought I could beat it in 3 months then maybe 6 but after reading Donna Gates Body Ecology book and doing a little bit of research I realized it takes time if you want to re-establish your gut flora naturally. This is the only real option for me. Probiotics provide us with enormous benefits and I definitely feel and see the difference in my stool and digestion overall. A balanced gut flora will also reduce the chances of having another candida overgrowth in the future which is something I look forward to. This has been a great journey and I know that I will never go back to eating junk foods or living an unhealthy lifestyle. I might want to cheat once in a while in the future when I am cured but I do not have too much of a problem with the diet I am on now so I cant imagine eating poor quality foods on a regualr basis. I wish everyone good health and please be patient and stay positive. You will start to feel better. It takes time and its different for everyone. Goodluck

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Candida log Almost 7 months, feeling great and super positive!!!!’ is closed to new replies.