Candida Lives in Alkaline or Acid?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Lives in Alkaline or Acid?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Nocure
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

I read on this website that Candida lives in an Alkaline environment but nearly every other site says it lives in acidic and you should alkalyze your body… Which is true?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It lives in acidic environment in body and thrives in alkaline environment in guts. Most people supplement with acids such as SF722, fatty acids, HCL, etc. and find major digestive relief. Because we need these acids, I theorize that the gut is too alkaline and thus isn’t breaking down the food we eat which causes fermentation and indigestion in the gut.

-raster

Nocure
    Participant

Thanks Raster,

What is your opinion on alkalizing with Apple Cider Vinegar & Sodium Bicarbonate? I have read the anti-candida protocol on earth clinic website and they mention using these due to the fact they help build a bad environment for candida (Alkaline), so I’m a little confused..

If it thrives in an alkaline environment in the guts wouldn’t consuming the ACV and bicarb be a bad thing then?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

With ACV and baking soda, you may be doing two things at once but unsure. The acid in the ACV should help promote acids in the gut and the baking soda should alkalize the body.

I personally would just focus on one thing at a time because it makes it more simple and then you can see if it works or not. With baking soda, you typically get ultra constipated which is not good at all on the candida diet and only works best if you know how to get over constipation and have experience addressing it.

I would focus on acidifying the gut first and get some SF722 or do a s.boulardii protocol or other probiotic. The boulardii and kombucha will produce lactic acid which will reduce inflammation of the gut and improve your digestion (don’t take with SF722). Then when your digestion improves so you have 2-3 BM’s per day, I would then go off this protocol and switch to something like SF722 and other acids plus baking soda.

There is an ultra high grade baking soda my ND prescribes called pleo alkala if you are interested.

-raster

Nocure
    Participant

Thanks Raster, Yep I will look into that for sure.

One last question. I’ve got balanitis and tried the diet and topical creams (nothing worked although it did ease up) would you recommend prescribed anti-fungals – I’m looking at intraconazole and terbinafine for a 3 month stretch combined with diet.

Thinking of doing another complete cleanse of the bowels and liver before it.

Nothing else seems to beat the balanitis rash.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

“The acid in the ACV should help promote acids in the gut”

It doesn’t.

Using ACV decreases the acidity of the stomach. Even though ACV is acid, it’s less acid than the stomach’s fluids, so the stomach’s fluids are diluted.

Though using ACV actually decreases the acidity of the stomach, this decrease is less when you would drink a glass of ACV than when you would drink a glass of water.

Anyway, the stomach will procude additional acid to restore its natural acidity. From then on, there’s no difference in acidity down the rest of the intestinal system, let alone the body. The acidity of the stomach is still neutralized directly after the stomach (this is a must, else the intestines would suffer badly). Whatever enters the intestines / the colon has the exact same acidity, whether you do or do not use ACV, or anything else for that matter.

“the baking soda should alkalize the body”

Maybe it “should”, but it doesn’t.

Baking soda decreases the stomach’s acidity much more than ACV or neutral substances like water. This may actually be a risk, as the stomach acid kills off bacteria, fungi, viruses, parasites, and so on.

The stomach will, of course, immediately start working very hard in an attempt to restore the required natural acidity. So in addition to being a health risk, baking soda just stresses the stomach’s acidity glands, and thereby the stomach itself.

Anyhow, the stomach will eventually neutralize the baking soda. The stuff that leaves the stomach will have the exact same acidity as ever. This means that baking soda, apart from being a short-term boon to parasites and a stress for the stomach, will not influence the body’s acidity/alkalinity at all. Which is a very good thing, by the way – but that would be a different topic.

Rabelais

Nocure
    Participant

Thanks for your comments Rabelais.

Do you see no benefits at all then with ACV and baking soda? If it all neutralizes anyway, then it is no different from drinking water?

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

ACV may have benefits, but these are not related to the acidity of ACV. Instead, ACV contains some nutrients, including some electrolytes. Of course this depends on the source and the purity of the ACV. Anyway, these nutrients may have some value.

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. The bicarbonate does nothing, the body will handle it in much the same way it handles carbon dioxide. The sodium is a burden. It’s the same sodium that makes up 50% of ordinary salt, and as you may know, our salt intake is already way too high. The adverse effects of salt are entirely due to the sodium it contains, so increasing your sodium uptake through baking soda has a negative effect.

Rabelais

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida Lives in Alkaline or Acid?’ is closed to new replies.