Candida Journal: to not feel alone

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Journal: to not feel alone

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

lettingo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

Hey guys, I hope this site solves my problems. I’m positive I have candida, I wasn’t diagnosed with it, but I’ve had horrid thrush since I was a child. Anxiety, depression, apathy, no joy in life, chronic fatigue, dandruff, mental-numbess, feeling cold all the time, angular chelitis (candida infection at corner of mouth). Gluten always messed with me. So I’m positive I have this

Over the past 2 weeks I have done the candida diet in a series of 3 day sprints. 3 days, and then cave on sugar. 3 days, and then cave on sugar, x5. I am having SUCH trouble with sugar addiction! It feels like a legitimate drug addiction, but I don’t have any support, because nobody believes in candida, and rarely any people that I have heard of have conquered candida.

When I have my sugar-crash day, I feel instantly horrible. Gas, yeast infection, anxiety, depression, disappointment, too anxious to go to school the next day, dehydrated…

Note to self: drink water when craving sugar.

I’m going to go on the Candida diet, and once again try for long term. This time I’m going to document it here so that I don’t feel so alone.. I hope that’s okay! The diet is basically raw vegetables, nuts, seeds, and non-sweet fruit (cucumbers…. avocado… lemon…. etc)

The hardest part is replacing food addiction with… what?

lettingo

Insomnia! I have it. So I’m posting again!

I think something that will really help me, and anybody else who misses comfort eating, is nice hot herbal tea with almond milk and vanilla stevia… Mmmmm! Think stinging nettle or chamomile.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Read the about that hunger post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst944_About-that-Hunger.aspx

The sugar and food cravings are very normal; the trick is you don’t feed your cravings. It takes a lot of willpower, but after doing the diet for a few weeks this will completely go away. Then it will almost become anti-sugar and bad foods craving.

I am going to quit smoking shortly and I expect this to be way worse than the sugar cravings you are mentioning.

Also the sugar feeds the candida so if you experience symptoms, its because the candida is growing/expanding. Its like opening the windows to a house that is on fire!

-Raster

lettingo

Thanks Raster

Although I knew this was true, I found it hard to stay away from sugar..
    I think I was not taking this seriously enough.

I have a really hard time believing that after candida is gone, I’m going to feel as good as I wish I could feel. It scares me to put those hopes on the line, and I eat a bunch of sugar once I start seeing improvement because I’m terrified that the improvement isn’t going to be enough. I want to feel GOOD and i’m so scared that I’m not going to feel as good as I want to.
    Unfortunately today I did not start the diet, I did really badly, I had a full out binge on so many sugar things…. at LEAST I stayed away from all grains. They are the worst for me.

Today I read that the purpose of candida albicans is to break down undigested proteins, and also the purpose of candida albicans is to… Decompose the human body! It is decomposing us AS we are living in our bodies. That scared me straight, I had not looked at it this way. I went to the store and bought a whole bunch of green leafy things, I’m taking this more seriously now. I’m going to get through it. I don’t want to feel like this anymore but I don’t want to forget how horrible I feel right now, either…

I know this post is long but I have one last question. If I’m going through die off, and I’m way too weak to go to night school, (sometimes I feel too weak to even think) should I cut myself some slack and stay home and rest, and make it up when I feel a bit better? A lot of the time I don’t start the diet because I’m too stressed that I’ll have to write papers while in die-off, when my mind leaves me. I feel like if I cut myself some slack and tell myself that I don’t have to go on the days where I feel horrible, I’ll be able to do the cleanse. But I need somebody to reinforce that this is an important reason to stay home from school , otherwise I’ll feel regretful/guilty.

lettingo

I’ve decided to do a green juice fast… Sigh! I know it will be really hard…
    But looking at the diet I have for my candida diet, I just feel like I might as well just do the juice fast. I don’t know how long I will go for. It could be 3 days or it could be 30 days, just want to get the candida out of me as fast as possible… Here we go

raster
    Participant

I would do the fast for a few days max; one problem with juicing is that your body is not doing it’s own work digesting the food, and it has been done for the body.

I don’t think anyone will condone missing school to fight candida; I’d say just tough it out and in a few weeks after starting the diet, you’ll feel quite a bit better.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If a person can do it, the green vegetable juice is a perfect idea, and one that everyone would benefit from, not just in the beginning or cleanse part of the diet, but at anytime during the treatment.

Able

lettingo

I decided not to do the fast until I feel ready for it. I don’t quite feel ready yet, so I’m just going to see how the days go and call it ‘transitoning to the clenase’

Raster, I don’t know if quitting smoking is going to be so much worse than my sugar cravings… I basically used sugar in a binge-method since I was able to feed myself. 3 years ago I pushed away all of my friends, isolated myself in my house and just binge ate for 3 straight years, only coming out of the house for groceries. It’s been my whole life the last 3 years, and taking it away changes everything in my life. I feel like sugar is more difficult to get off of than the opiate addiction I had

I did OKAY today. I didn’t do perfectly. I had a big salad with avocado as a dressing, and then a cabbage wrap with a pumpkin seed dressing and sprouts, coconut and tea for snack, and then…… A night meal, that was ALMOST a sugary binge, but instead became chickpeas and chicken.

Legumes aren’t allowed on this cleanse are they? :X

Either way… Today was progress for me, because I didn’t dive into the sugars and binge for hours on end, so this is the start of my candida journey.

Although I have to say, I don’t think I’ll be eating chicken again. I haven’t eaten meat in a very long time and it felt extremely heavy to me… I feel a little bit sick. I think next time I go for something like oysters.

raster
    Participant

One thing to consider with the sugar binging is to try acupuncture; acupuncture can help eliminate strong cravings such as sugar, alcohol, or even drug abuse. If you treat sugar as a drug, then I would definitely consider it.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

lettingo wrote: Legumes aren’t allowed on this cleanse are they?

No, I’m afraid not, and not until a month or two into the diet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Candida Journal: to not feel alone’ is closed to new replies.