Candida glabrata. How to define the strain of candida you have?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida glabrata. How to define the strain of candida you have?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Delyse
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 47

Hi guys

Does anybody know how to find out what strain of candida I have?

When the doctor did a vaginal test, they found out they I have candida glabrata. I was told that this is the most stubborn type of candida and difficult to treat. I was given boric acid for cure. I am not sure if I cured it as the next test did not show anything, but I need to retest many times, as I still have symptoms.

Now I am questioning what if in my intestines and blood I have candida glabrata also.

Because I am doing nystatin enemas, taking natural antifunguls.

I read on the forum that nystatin does not kill glabrata, also I am not sure if antifungals I am taking kill glabrata as well.

I am becoming more confused and disappointed.

Can anybody recommend any lab to go and test for candida and show their experience if they have glabrata as well?

Many thanks.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Delyse wrote: Hi guys

Does anybody know how to find out what strain of candida I have?

When the doctor did a vaginal test, they found out they I have candida glabrata. I was told that this is the most stubborn type of candida and difficult to treat. I was given boric acid for cure. I am not sure if I cured it as the next test did not show anything, but I need to retest many times, as I still have symptoms.

Now I am questioning what if in my intestines and blood I have candida glabrata also.

Because I am doing nystatin enemas, taking natural antifunguls.

I read on the forum that nystatin does not kill glabrata, also I am not sure if antifungals I am taking kill glabrata as well.

I am becoming more confused and disappointed.

Can anybody recommend any lab to go and test for candida and show their experience if they have glabrata as well?

Many thanks.

Delyse, I didn’t know that Candida Glabrata was found in your vagina.
    Candida Glabrata is unicellular. It doesn’t mutate but is extremely pathogenic. It isn’t resistant to Nystatin in vitro. In your blood, you don’t have it. In your intestines, very likely. Let think if I can help you with some recommendation. Don’t stop the Nystatin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candida_glabrata

Jorge.

Delyse

Hi Jorge

Thanks very much for your help, i really appreciate it. Please pass to me any information you will find about candida glabrata cure.

I would really like to find out what natural antifungals are effecting glabrata.

I still have die off from oregano oil, garlic and GSE. Does it mean that they are working?

When I did my blood test to check food intolerances, they told me that I have candida, they found it through the test. But I did not know at that point that I had glabrata strain in my vagina.

Do you know how can I check what strain of candida I have in my body?

Normal GP will only do a stool test, which is completely unreliable here.

Many thanks.

dvjorge
    Participant

Delyse wrote: Hi Jorge

Thanks very much for your help, i really appreciate it. Please pass to me any information you will find about candida glabrata cure.

I would really like to find out what natural antifungals are effecting glabrata.

I still have die off from oregano oil, garlic and GSE. Does it mean that they are working?

When I did my blood test to check food intolerances, they told me that I have candida, they found it through the test. But I did not know at that point that I had glabrata strain in my vagina.

Do you know how can I check what strain of candida I have in my body?

Normal GP will only do a stool test, which is completely unreliable here.

Many thanks.

Delyse,
    Candida Glabrata alive circulating in your blood, I dude that. They may saw part of the cell wall that identify candida, but it doesn’t mean you have it alive in the blood. How they released you with a mycotic blood infection ?? You should be in ER with IV antifungals ?? When candida cells ALIVE get the bloodstream, you have FUNGEMIA.
    You need to be calmed to follow a treatment.

Jorge.

Delyse

Hi Jorge

May be I have Fungemia, I don’t know because I was not diagnosed properly.

When I read Fungemia symptoms, I have most of them.

I need to find a doctor who will be able to send me to do some tests for it.

If you find more info on it, please keep me updated.

Thanks very much.

Delyse

dvjorge
    Participant

Delyse wrote: Hi Jorge

May be I have Fungemia, I don’t know because I was not diagnosed properly.

When I read Fungemia symptoms, I have most of them.

I need to find a doctor who will be able to send me to do some tests for it.

If you find more info on it, please keep me updated.

Thanks very much.

Delyse

Delyse,

Fungemia is a critical emergency. People last hours if not treated. I am sure you don’t have that.

Jorge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Candida glabrata. How to define the strain of candida you have?’ is closed to new replies.