Candida die off vs regular overgrowth symptoms

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida die off vs regular overgrowth symptoms

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RiotActor 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

RiotActor
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 10

How does one actually tell what which is which?

For example, I’ve recently (over the past two days) started to become very sensitive to chemical smells despite no change up in my protocol (for the past two weeks). I’ve been treating my candida with various prescribed/traditional antifungals for about 3 months. Could a new overgrowth symptom suddenly just add into the mix just like that? Or is something like irritated eyes or tinnitus a possible die off reaction?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think its die-off that causes chemical sensitivies…my ND thinks that as people clean themselves they become more sensitive to the bad stuff when compared to before when they were ill. Before you had a full swimming pool and now its half full, so you’ll notice junk in the swimming pool much easier now.

-raster

RiotActor

Thanks, raster. That’s kind of how I was seeing it as well. Like maybe my mucus levels are clearing up and exposing me to just how limited I was experiencing the world the past few years. It’s unfortunate, though, that the ear ringing is now a part of it all. Strange thing, though, is that I can put my head into a various positions and “turn off” or tone down the tinnitus that’s come on the past couple of days. I’m starting to wonder if I’m inflammation might be pressing on some nerves somewhere, and the head movement is alleviating the pressure somewhere.

Simon Bee
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi,

Did you have some diet? or you just bombed your candidiasis with only chemical treatments?

RiotActor

I’ve been eating clean (more or less following raster’s diet and The Candida Cure book for the past three months). Though, admittedly, I’ve slipped up and eaten a taco and some enchiladas (corn tortillas for both) and some chicken fried steak once or twice max. I’m very strict now though.

raster
    Participant

The ringing ears is a histamine symptom, so your histamine levels are likely elevated. It takes a long time for them to go down to low levels. If you sleep really good and eat your meals at decent times, it should reduce slowly. Vitamin C reduces histamine levels as well as a variety of other things (anti-inflammatory supplements, etc).

-raster

RiotActor

Raster, I have a few blood and urine tests lined up for tomorrow. Should I go ahead and order a histamine plasma test as well? Would this give me the evidence I need to show my ENT?

Basically, all the symptoms point to candida but I feel like the burden is on me to prove it when I can, so any kind of tests with numbers would help me feel like I’m on the right track. I’ve already had visual confirmation by the ENT, but a second one said he didn’t know what he was looking at (in my throat) and a third denied seeing anything. Talk about frustration.

raster
    Participant

I recommend checking out histamine levels if you have ringing ears. If you want diagnosis I would get the candia5 test, its pretty cheap. There are a variety of stool tests that can aid in diagnosis but none of them are completely conclusive. If you get your allergies tested and have 50+ allergies, this can mean you have intestinal inflammation which also is related to histamines.

I’m thinking about getting some testing done soon myself because I feel miserable today, I ate some beef yesterday and have really cheated a lot lately. After 3 years on the diet, things start to get old lol. I am going to have to get more creative in my meal preparation I think.

-raster

RiotActor

I’ll be honest, raster. Your reply worries me. It’s obvious you know your stuff (I’ve been lurking the forum for a few months), but if you’re still suffering 3 years on… That’s scary. Sounds like once we’ve gotten this far infection-wise, we’re pretty much dealing with this the rest of our lives.

Are there people here who have admittedly outright solved their problem?

Also, I had a candida antibody test done several weeks ago: this was the result.

C. Albicans IGG 1.6
    C. Albicans IGA 1.3
    C. Albicans IGM 1.4

The interpretive range being: or = 1.0 antibody detected.

I have another test lined up tomorrow since I’m curious how I’ve been responding now several weeks having used nystatin for two week, two and a half weeks of 100mg fluconazole and the past week and a half of 200mg dose.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Candida die off vs regular overgrowth symptoms’ is closed to new replies.