Candida die-off?? Pregnant 30 weeks Help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida die-off?? Pregnant 30 weeks Help!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

musikgirl77
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello,

I have recently discovered that I have an extremely high level of candida in my system. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and have a severe yeast infection (I believe brought on by the 2 rounds of antibiotics I recently finished due to UTI). I tried Monistat and no luck. Yesterday, I tried inserting plain, low-sugar yogurt vaginally and began having relief, but infection is still present.

While at the health food store, I found Ultimate Flora Vaginal Support with 50 billion active cultures. I started taking that yesterday and felt very fatigued within an hour or 2 (only symptom). Didn’t think anything of it since it was the evening hours. But I had the same reaction when I took it this morning, more than my usual pregnancy fatigue. I’ve read up on how fatigue is a symptom of candida die-off and how harmful die-off can be for the baby. I’m concerned because I don’t want to harm the baby, but I need to get rid of this yeast infection.

Can the Ultimate Flora actually be causing candida die-off if severe fatigue is my only symptom? Could the baby already be harmed with just 2 days of pills? Any other help/information is greatly appreciated!

🙂 musikgirl77

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hello 🙂 Congratulations! That’s wonderful that you’re expecting. I will be 28 weeks tomorrow 🙂

I’ve had a number of antibiotics for UTIs with this pregnancy, too, and they can really mess with your system – definitely bringing on an imbalance of too much yeast. I have a few questions for you, I think, before I can really try to give you any answers, though. How severe is your yeast infection? Mildly burning/itching or more along the lines of painful with significant discharge? Also, have you changed your eating habits at all since making the connection with candida? Do you have any other pregnancy issues that need mentioning? I know you mentioned the recurrent UTIs, but is there anything else?

I really think any fatigue that you have felt is probably a sign of low level die off. Severe die off is much more pronounced. So, I would encourage you to not worry about the baby. There are plenty of OBs that give their patients prescription antifungals (Category C drugs) that would cause much more die off much more suddenly than anything you’ve been doing so far. I really think your baby is fine 🙂 But, we can talk more about where to go from here if you’ll give me just a teensy bit more info by answering the questions I asked above.

I’m glad you found these boards, and I’m glad I logged on today (pregnant and with candida) to hopefully encourage you 🙂

Hope

I’m sorry, I just re-read your post and saw that your infection was severe. At this point, I would definitely keep using the plain yogurt topically. Drink tons of water. Rest as much as you can so your body can continue to fight it off. We’ll talk more after you reply 🙂

musikgirl77

Hope wrote: Hello 🙂 Congratulations! That’s wonderful that you’re expecting. I will be 28 weeks tomorrow 🙂

I’ve had a number of antibiotics for UTIs with this pregnancy, too, and they can really mess with your system – definitely bringing on an imbalance of too much yeast. I have a few questions for you, I think, before I can really try to give you any answers, though. How severe is your yeast infection? Mildly burning/itching or more along the lines of painful with significant discharge? Also, have you changed your eating habits at all since making the connection with candida? Do you have any other pregnancy issues that need mentioning? I know you mentioned the recurrent UTIs, but is there anything else?

I really think any fatigue that you have felt is probably a sign of low level die off. Severe die off is much more pronounced. So, I would encourage you to not worry about the baby. There are plenty of OBs that give their patients prescription antifungals (Category C drugs) that would cause much more die off much more suddenly than anything you’ve been doing so far. I really think your baby is fine 🙂 But, we can talk more about where to go from here if you’ll give me just a teensy bit more info by answering the questions I asked above.

I’m glad you found these boards, and I’m glad I logged on today (pregnant and with candida) to hopefully encourage you 🙂

Thank you so much for your reply! I feel like I’m not alone! What you said about the baby makes a lot of sense…put my mind at ease, thank you. To answer your questions, the yeast infection is severe with itching and swelling all over, and even a non-blister sore in one location. Have no idea about the discharge since I’ve been using monistat and yogurt, but I never had much significant discharge with the umpteen yeast infections I’ve had in the past.

I had read up on diet restrictions as far as starches and sugars go…so, I am cutting those things out slowly (only going on day 3 or so). I was so concerned about die-off with the baby that I didn’t want to go radical. But I thought I could at least be smart and eat healthier…limiting the amount of breads and definately cutting out all the desserts.

Aside from a low-lying placenta, I don’t have any other pregnancy issues – other than the reoccuring UTIs. Have been treated for about 3 of them so far this pregnancy, each have 2 to 3 rounds of antibiotics, followed inevitably by yeast infections during and/or after treatment.

I stopped taking the 50 billion probiotic feeling that it was just too potent, but I started on Primodophilus Original which has a 5 billion mixture of acidophilus and rhamnosus. The yogurt has been helping significantly with itching, but the swelling and sore remain. My husband says that it makes sense that the home remedies to take time to heal…not like the prescription meds that kill everything good and bad on site. That makes sense to me too…wishing at this point I pursued a career in alternative medicine…lol

Again, I thank you so much for your help 🙂

Hope

I tracked down this old post because I wanted to see how you’re doing. Not sure if you’ve been back to the forum, but if you’re still around, I’d love to hear how you are 🙂

musikgirl77

Hello again!

I’m now about 35 weeks pregnant. Still having reoccuring UTIs…I can’t even count how many different types of antibiotics I’ve been on! I had tried doing yogurt inserts and it helped, but didn’t completely get rid of the yeast infection. I think my body was just so out of whack at that point. I went on a presciption cream insert that did the trick. I followed up with plain yogurt (greek yogurt) from stonyfield farm…as inserts. I’ve cut down on my sugar intake, which definately helps with my brain fog. I’ve also been taking primodophilus with acidophilus and rhamnosus (5 billion)- although I’m not quite sure if that does anything as I don’t “feel” any difference with them. Between all that I’ve been doing much better with the yeast infections. Although, I think I have to start the inserts again for a few days.

Being pregnant just throws the body out of whack, I’m aware. So I’m trying not to sweat it. I contemplated trying three-lac once I deliver, but I decided against it. I’m going to try to continue limiting sugar, take the probiotics, and see what happens over time. I know my body will take a while to get back into balance seeing that it’s been out of balance for many years. I thought it may be better to heal slowly than to try drastic high dosage remedies. That’s the thought anyways.

Thanks for checking up! I would appreciate any insight or pieces of knowledge you have picked up along the way! Congrats on your pregnancy too by the way. Hope everything goes well for you!

🙂 musikgirl77

Hope

Thanks! I’m just a little bit behind you – 33 weeks today 🙂

The only thing I’d say is, it really would be good if you could truly cut all the sugar out. Baby has absolutely no need for it, and any kind of sweetener (honey, agave, molasses, sugar, fruit juice, etc.) is only going to make this whole candida mess drag on and on. Same thing with the simple carbohydrates (white breads, white pasta, white potatos) baby doesn’t need those, either. Whole grain choices are *much* better for your little one and are much better for fighting candida, too, so it’s a win/win.

I seriously haven’t had sweetener of any kind since late March. Actually, I did *accidentally* have evaporated cane juice in a nut butter, but that was a dumb mistake – not on purpose 😉 It can be done! My OB literally told me 3x at my appointment yesterday how great/healthy I looked. He really thinks the candida diet has been awesome for both me and the baby. This is definitely my first pregnancy that has been sugar/chocolate/white flour free! lol. I feel great, too. And I’m expecting to continue to see the benefits of a healthy diet as I move into the postpartum/nursing stage, too. I should say, I’m sure you’re eating well – I don’t mean to make it sounds like you’re gorging on donuts and Wonder bread, lol. But, seriously, I really think getting ALL of the sugar out of my diet/system has been an amazing plus for me.

So good to hear from you again! Thanks for replying 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Candida die-off?? Pregnant 30 weeks Help!’ is closed to new replies.