Candida Californian

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida Californian

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Oh Me 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Oh Me
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Like many of you I am back trying to beat this after several unsuccessful attempts. I plan to use this to detail my battle. I’m not a big computer user, but I will try and update often. I hope having this will make me accountable and also may help someone with a similiar story.

I am 26 years old and I had a sweet tooth since I was a little girl. My symptoms started getting bad about 3 years ago after I moved to Seattle. I think the damp and stress of the city tore down any immunity I had left. I became sick to the point that I quit my job, broke up with my boyfriend, and moved back in with my parents. I intended to cleanse and build back up my health while home. At this point I am sicker than ever and I have had one unsuccessful attempt at moving out and reclaiming my life.

Due to family dynamics I am going to move back out this week, which will entail a drive cross country. I am going to be living with an uncle and my cousin. I have not been working for nearly a year and my budget will be a huge concern. I am worried about not being able to purchase the cleanses and kits, but here is what I am going to do:

-Abstain from all white foods, aside from fish/poultry.
    -Supplement with coconut oil, olive oil and diatomaceous earth (all supplements I own currently)
    -Take probiotics by yogurt (I can’t afford capsules currently)
    -Eat as much greens as possible

I suppose that’s all for now; wish me luck =)

If anyone has any tips I would be glad to hear them 😉

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

I think the kefir will be better for you than yogurt, although both is great. What I heard but can’t confirm is that the probiotics from kefir will not pass through your body as quickly as those from yogurt. Also you can make both yogurt and kefir to save so e money. I believe there are recipes on here for both. You can also be more assured that your kefir has cultures as opposed to pills.

Good luck.

Oh Me

Belganson-Thank you for the suggestion; I am going to be leaving in a few days so I’m not sure if I will be picking up any from the store now, but making my own kefir and yogurt are future goals of mine!

While searching for a simple and inexpensive cleanse last night I found the sea salt flush. I mixed 1 tsp sea salt with 1 liter of warm water. Nothing happened, except I needed to pee like mad! lol

I wonder if the solution wasn’t strong enough?

After an uneventful flush, I took 2 tbs coconut oil in tea.

That certainly caused a reaction. I was up most the night with pain, nausea, and cramping. My abdomen is distended and I uploaded pictures. This is my first time doing so online and I hope they work 🙂 I am a slim woman and my abdomen usually doesn’t go maybe a inch over my hip bones.

I’ve been drinking fluids all day and will take some olive oil in a bit which will hopefully help. Good luck everyone!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/dsc00355rm.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/dsc00354ni.jpg/

Oh Me

I feel awful.

I got through a day and half and then had a major binge. I had so much thrush in my throat last night I could barely swallow. I even took two Benadryl because I was having trouble breathing and I was worried my throat was going to close up.

I think the stress of moving this week is getting to me, but I also feel like breaking the plan is easier now. In the past I could manage to stick to the diet for several months at a time and now it’s almost like because I have failed so much it’s more likely to happen again. I think my body is also more attached to the yeast now. I feel physically ill without sugar and carbs, but then when I give in it’s in amounts I previously never would have indulged in. I shock myself at how much sugar/carbs I can eat in a day and it sometimes gets to the point that I’m sick and it all just comes back up.

This morning I’ve just been trying to pull things back together. I’ve been doing a lot of research on the alkaline diet and I’m going to try that. I’ve been a vegan for several years before and also a raw food vegan for a period. I didn’t experience the health and wellbeing I hoped for, so I’m going to try and aim for 80% alkaline and 20% lean meats, fish, and acidic items. I know fruit is a problem with the candida however I don’t feel like my body is strong enough to handle a lot of detox right now. My first priority is to get my eating under control and the candida to a more manageable level. After that I will be able to implement some more drastic changes that will hopefully enforce some greater die off.

But, right now I’m going to go treat myself to an epsom salt bath and enjoy the veggies I stocked the fridge. I hope you all are doing well 🙂 Keep at it despite the set backs!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s a cheap and easy cleanse you can do if you are interested:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

Keep in mind the cleanse won’t kill very much of the candida and its completely optional; it only sets your body’s environment a little bit before you start to recover.

I would do some kind of transition diet where you transition into a strict anti-candida diet. Keep in mind you won’t get a cure unless you take probiotics; its the single most important thing you need to get better. The diet alone won’t cure you, you need supplements (vitamins, probiotics, antifungals and more) as well.

A great way to get the body functioning a little bit better is to do acupuncture which will heal specific organs and help detox the body.

You need to get the toxins out of your body as much as possible and sweating out the toxins naturally (steam room, sauna, hot tub, jacuzzi) is one of the best ways to reduce die-off.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4116_The-benefits-of-sweating-out-toxins-mineral-water-and-minerals.aspx

-raster

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Oh Me, try looking into some new recipes for the diet, some of them can be quite cost effective and might make you look at the diet in a different way thinking about feeding your body the good stuff rather than denying yourself the bad.

I know this diet is hard, especially on a budget but coconut oil is a strong antifungal and including things like garlic and kefir into your diet could make a big difference. Also online is a great place to look for good deals on supplements when you can afford them.

Jo

Oh Me

Things have been a complete turn since my last post. I decided to postpone leaving for a week so I could focus wholly on my health. I can’t believe how sick I’ve been these past few weeks and a cross country road trip was just unimaginable. Since my binge, my diet greatly improved but has not been 100%

(WARNING: please don’t read below if you will be tempted; I would absolutely hate to be encouraging anyone to fall off a more stringent routine)

I’ve been indulging in a small amount of dark chocolate almonds. I also have a piece of toasted sprouted grain bread or sprouted English muffin which has helped the transition tremendously. In particular, it’s helped me completely laid off the white bread and pastry items I was craving and caving into so often. I have incorporated a great deal more vegetables and greens into my diet. Organic goat’s milk kefir and yogurt are also enjoyable; the kefir is quite sour so I mix it into a green smoothie (kale or romaine) or have it with my sprouted grain item.

I hate taking the coconut oil and find stark fat difficult to ingest. But, my breathing has improved greatly and I would say the buildup in my throat has decreased by about 50%. The cramping and pain after ingesting the oil still continues lasting only for about 2 hours so it’s worth dealing with.

Any effects of the diet are so small compared to the pain and illness I was experiencing. Before beginning this I had a fever, extremely bad headaches and joint pain. My knees are still badly swollen, but I’m hoping that goes down as my body becomes healthier. I also had a UTI which has since cleared up with the help of unsweetened cranberry juice (it’s acidic so I tried to chase it with greens as much as possible). Overall, I am just feeling so much more positive and healthy. My next step is to continue to improve my eating habits and also keep from sliding back into bad ones (that is often easy for me to do once I start feeling better and don’t have such severe consequences of the Candida)

Raster and Jo-Thank you both for your replies! I have been exercising more to “sweat” out the toxins and rediscovered a love for vegetables, which are very inexpensive, even as organic.

Oh Me

Things have been a complete turn since my last post. I decided to postpone leaving for a week so I could focus wholly on my health. I can’t believe how sick I’ve been these past few weeks and a cross country road trip was just unimaginable. Since my binge, my diet greatly improved but has not been 100%

(WARNING: please don’t read below if you will be tempted; I would absolutely hate to be encouraging anyone to fall off a more stringent routine)

I’ve been indulging in a small amount of dark chocolate almonds. I also have a piece of toasted sprouted grain bread or sprouted English muffin which has helped the transition tremendously. In particular, it’s helped me completely laid off the white bread and pastry items I was craving and caving into so often. I have incorporated a great deal more vegetables and greens into my diet. Organic goat’s milk kefir and yogurt are also enjoyable; the kefir is quite sour so I mix it into a green smoothie (kale or romaine) or have it with my sprouted grain item.

I hate taking the coconut oil and find stark fat difficult to ingest. But, my breathing has improved greatly and I would say the buildup in my throat has decreased by about 50%. The cramping and pain after ingesting the oil still continues lasting only for about 2 hours so it’s worth dealing with.

Any effects of the diet are so small compared to the pain and illness I was experiencing. Before beginning this I had a fever, extremely bad headaches and joint pain. My knees are still badly swollen, but I’m hoping that goes down as my body becomes healthier. I also had a UTI which has since cleared up with the help of unsweetened cranberry juice (it’s acidic so I tried to chase it with greens as much as possible). Overall, I am just feeling so much more positive and healthy. My next step is to continue to improve my eating habits and also keep from sliding back into bad ones (that is often easy for me to do once I start feeling better and don’t have such severe consequences of the Candida)

Raster and Jo-Thank you both for your replies! I have been exercising more to “sweat” out the toxins and rediscovered a love for vegetables, which are very inexpensive, even as organic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida Californian’ is closed to new replies.