Candida blood test came back negative…now what?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida blood test came back negative…now what?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cesto 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

cesto
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 17

i would have bet the farm on it that i had candida. all the symptoms and an issues i’ve been experiencing and the dr said the blood test was negative for candida antibodies. he said that there’s a chance i would have some type of yeast in my GIT but these things are very accurate and he wouldn’t treat me for it.

im partially relieved but also stumped again. i still dont know what’s causes my headsaches, sleep issues, white spots on skin (tinea versicola -sp?), persistant cough, clogged sinuses…then list goes on.

does anyone have any feedback on this? perhaps similar situations they’ve experienced.

Lithia
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Was it a naturopath?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What kind of test was it? Testing alone in Dr. Mcoomb’s opinion is not the only way to get a diagnosis. If you’ve ever taken antibiotics then this can cause gut flora disorders by itself.

Headaches are tied to inflammation of the gut, so if you were to reduce the inflammation then this likely will go away completely.

Coughing is related to toxins being produced in the body and your bodies need to detox. What is causing this?

Sleep issues could be caused by lack of exercise, nutritional deficiencies, drug use, etc.

Skin conditions could be related to deficiencies in stomach acid:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

There is a chance you have candida but you very likely could have a different flora or parasite that has overgrown such as strept, h.pylori, SIBO, etc. A comprehensive stool test likely could pinpoint which flora is out of balance.

-raster

cesto
    Participant

Lithia;48812 wrote: Was it a naturopath?

yes here’s a link to their site: http://www.aimsclinic.com/

cesto
    Participant

raster;48816 wrote: What kind of test was it? Testing alone in Dr. Mcoomb’s opinion is not the only way to get a diagnosis. If you’ve ever taken antibiotics then this can cause gut flora disorders by itself.

Headaches are tied to inflammation of the gut, so if you were to reduce the inflammation then this likely will go away completely.

Coughing is related to toxins being produced in the body and your bodies need to detox. What is causing this?

Sleep issues could be caused by lack of exercise, nutritional deficiencies, drug use, etc.

Skin conditions could be related to deficiencies in stomach acid:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

There is a chance you have candida but you very likely could have a different flora or parasite that has overgrown such as strept, h.pylori, SIBO, etc. A comprehensive stool test likely could pinpoint which flora is out of balance.

-raster

here’s what the print out says: “test ordered – CBC with differential/platlet; comp.metabolic panel (14), TSH, Thyroxine (T4), Triiodothyronine (T3), candida antibodies, qual, venipunture.

in regards to the headaches, im told being on the computer 8 hours a day could be the cause, however that doesn’t explain the other symptoms. i’ve never heard inflammation of the gut…that’s very interesting.

i’m not sure what’s causing the coughing but i did notice it decreased dramatically when doing the turpentine and sugar cure.

thank you for your last suggestion. how do i go about getting a stool test? when i mentioned this they said, well lets do the blood test first. i like their approach with “well i can run every test under the sun and drain your bank account, but i think it’s a better option to test what seems to be necessary first”. the only issue is, i felt like i hit a wall with a lot of unknowns.

cesto
    Participant

i forgot to add that i am very active so that’s not an issue.

i used to get strep and swollen tonsils frequently as a child and teenager

cesto
    Participant

just doing a follow up. i’m trying to find out how the right path to getting a stool test and by whom. im not sure what i’m requesting to help narrow this down. google hasn’t given me any healthcare practioners that do this

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Checkout this link for the tests most recommended in the industry:

http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

Probably the top two tests are the ones you’d be most interested in. You are going to have to pay for this without insurance very likely. If you can consult a GI doctor, it might be covered more easily.

-raster

cesto
    Participant

raster;48912 wrote: Checkout this link for the tests most recommended in the industry:

http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

Probably the top two tests are the ones you’d be most interested in. You are going to have to pay for this without insurance very likely. If you can consult a GI doctor, it might be covered more easily.

-raster

perfect. thank you!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Candida antibodies isn’t the main immune response for a mucosal yeast overgrowth. Antibodies is the humoral response to the presence of one or more antigens. It is an extracellular defense (Th2) However, cell-mediated immunity (Th1) is the defense against intracellular pathogens such as candida. Your Dr isn’t more than an ignorant.

The immune response to an intestinal yeast overgrowth should be determinated by the formation of an immune complex under a microscopy. Fragments of the candida cell wall escape to the bloodstream and bind with an antibody creating a complex antigen/antibody. This has to be observed with a microscopic to rule out an intestinal candidiasis.

Jorge.

cesto
    Participant

dvjorge;48917 wrote: Candida antibodies isn’t the main immune response for a mucosal yeast overgrowth. Antibodies is the humoral response to the presence of one or more antigens. It is an extracellular defense (Th2) However, cell-mediated immunity (Th1) is the defense against intracellular pathogens such as candida. Your Dr isn’t more than an ignorant.

The immune response to an intestinal yeast overgrowth should be determinated by the formation of an immune complex under a microscopy. Fragments of the candida cell wall escape to the bloodstream and bind with an antibody creating a complex antigen/antibody. This has to be observed with a microscopic to rule out an intestinal candidiasis.

Jorge.

so you’re saying the test he had done wasn’t the right move?

do you recommend the stool test that rasta recommends?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Candida blood test came back negative…now what?’ is closed to new replies.