5th week, strict diet. eggs? stevia? oils? overeating? Cabbage "apple pie"? :D

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 5th week, strict diet. eggs? stevia? oils? overeating? Cabbage "apple pie"? :D

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Meadowl.
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello,

This is the 5th week of the strict diet and I have few questions. The first week of the diet after the detox I had a lot of eggs and broccoli, other green veggies with ghee or coconut oil. Then I found an article about eggs are feeding the candida and the fats are not the best either. I was thinking about if it is true because I increased the amount of my meals day by day and I was eating a LOT of eggs. So I decided to cut the eggs (the coconut oil, ghee and olive oil is still in my diet).

1st question: What about the eggs? Now I am on my 4th week of diet without eggs but considering to add again because I miss the taste and would like to have some variety.

After cutting the eggs out of the diet I really had only the allowed vegetables and natural fats, plus chia seeds, flaxseeds, lemon/lime and pure 100% stevia powder. (I do NOT have any buckwheat, coconut flour or quinoa , kefir…etc. yet).

My experiences are very very different every day. Some days I am perfectly fine with the diet and I have energy but other days I feel that I want to die. I mean I really do not have energy and have cravings for grains or something that gives me more energy. (I do not have cravings for sugar anymore which can be a good sign I guess, but I do feel that I would like to eat some rice or any grains sometimes.)

My symptoms of vaginal infections and the white thing on my tongue is still there. (I do coconut oil and grinded cloves mouth brush after tooth brushing and that helps a little bit). The vaginal infection is different every day too. Some days I have a lot of white stuff coming out but on other days almost nothing, however I do not cheat in my diet.

2nd question: Why is this every day experiencing different things? One day it seems that the diet works and the other day like nothing has changed or even worse…

I do not eat buckwheat or coconut flour or quinoa yet, only the green veggies, avocado and oils, chia+flax seeds. Also I read somewhere that stevia and lime can be introduced only later.

3rd question: Is it ok using 100% Stevia powder and lime?

(You will not believe but if you boil/steam some cabbage or celery until soft and then add an avocado (or some coconut oil) + whole squeezed lime+ lime peel+ stevia+ cinnamon+ grinded flax and chia seeds the result is real APPLE PIE TASTE creamy pudding!!! I think it is revolutionary 😀 Anyways…just as an extra info if you want to have some sweet taste without cheating. I eat this a lot and it is very tasty alternative. Even my friends who are not on the diet like it:).

And what about the olive oil? I love kale chips or roasted veggies but I have read in other topics that have to be careful with the oils too…?

Also I have insomnia many times since I have started the diet. I can’t fall asleep and awake until the morning and having lots of steamed vegetables at the middle of the night. I feel like I am this naughty hitchcock snacking steamed brussel sprout at midnight :D…

4th question: And is there any vaginal tampon options that I could try to lessen the vaginal infection? I mean what is your opinion about soaking the tampon in oregano or tree tea oil water then use it for the night? I am considering to try something like that but it sounds weird tho…

5th question: I still have the candida overgrowth but I would like to introduce some more things in the diet. The last couple of days I really felt weak and unmotivated (even with the revolutionary cabbage “apple pie”:). The things I was thinking about are the fish, eggs, buckwheat bread or buckwheat flour, coconut milk and coconut flour. Do you think that I can try to introduce these foods again or still wait and stay with the strict diet until my symptoms are lighter maybe?

6th question: I have a tendency to “overeat”. I just do not feel full and eat a lot, but after the meal I have to go to the toilet and half of the food is “coming back” (such a waste). It feels like my stomach is “open” and not closing properly and also that something wrong with my digestion because I can’t feel when I am full. Maybe I have some problem to absorb the minerals and vitamins of the food? I was thinking about it that what if it is just in my mind but to be honest I do not think so. I know when I have emotional overeating and that is an other topic..

I am not even sure that I am doing on the right was tho…sometimes my mood swings are hard core and the weakness is high. But on the other hand I experienced some very good results too, and I have moments when I can concentrate more then ever…and enjoy meals and enjoy myself in my body…very interesting. The good moments give me the strenght and motivation to keep doing this..and also I do not see any other option at the moment to heal myself.

I hope that you can give me some answers and thank you very much. I am very glad that I have found this website where we can share our experiences. xxx

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

1st question: What about the eggs? Now I am on my 4th week of diet without eggs but considering to add again because I miss the taste and would like to have some variety.

Eggs are an awesome source of healthy protein and micronutrients. Who told you they would feed a Candida overgrowth? They don’t even contain any sugars.

2nd question: Why is this every day experiencing different things? One day it seems that the diet works and the other day like nothing has changed or even worse…

You’re making big changes to your gut flora. There are going to be bumps along the road…

3rd question: Is it ok using 100% Stevia powder and lime?

Yes! And I can’t wait to try that crazy cabbage recipe 🙂

4th question: And is there any vaginal tampon options that I could try to lessen the vaginal infection? I mean what is your opinion about soaking the tampon in oregano or tree tea oil water then use it for the night? I am considering to try something like that but it sounds weird tho…

Coconut oil is another option.

5th question: I still have the candida overgrowth but I would like to introduce some more things in the diet. The last couple of days I really felt weak and unmotivated (even with the revolutionary cabbage “apple pie”:). The things I was thinking about are the fish, eggs, buckwheat bread or buckwheat flour, coconut milk and coconut flour.

Those are all good! Be aware that the coconut products are antifungal themselves, so make sure you’re not overdoing it and moving too fast.

6th question: I have a tendency to “overeat”. I just do not feel full and eat a lot, but after the meal I have to go to the toilet and half of the food is “coming back” (such a waste)

Doing the diet will hopefully improve your digestion, and therefore your nutrient absorption.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘5th week, strict diet. eggs? stevia? oils? overeating? Cabbage "apple pie"? :D’ is closed to new replies.