Candida and CFS

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and CFS

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Chlofloso 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Hi everyone,

I have CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) since 1.5 years. This means suffering from debilitating fatigue, along with other symptoms such as stomach pain, throat pain and so on. I’ve started treating Candida 7 weeks ago (first with another diet, now I’m following the one of this forum) because it helps some CFS patients (and it has already helped with my side symptoms, not with the fatigue though). I was wondering if there is anyone on the forum who has CFS and who could tell me about their experiences with treating Candida?

Chloë

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Chlofloso wrote: I have CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) since 1.5 years. This means suffering from debilitating fatigue, along with other symptoms such as stomach pain, throat pain and so on. I’ve started treating Candida 7 weeks ago (first with another diet, now I’m following the one of this forum) because it helps some CFS patients (and it has already helped with my side symptoms, not with the fatigue though). I was wondering if there is anyone on the forum who has CFS and who could tell me about their experiences with treating Candida?

I’ve studied CFS, and learned that sufferers can control it by avoiding simple carbohydrates as well as overeating complex carbs, yeast products, and sugar. In other words, by using a Candida treatment diet.

As you treat and reduce your Candida overgrowth, your CFS should drastically improve as well.

Able

Chlofloso

Thanks. This is my big, big hope 😉

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Chlofloso wrote: Thanks. This is my big, big hope 😉

A low carbohydrate diet helps because candida and bacterias feed with carbohydrates. Fermentation in the gut is believed to be the cause of CF and ME.
    Are you familiar with the work of Dr. Paul Cheney, Prof. DeMeilier, Dr. Henrry Butt, Dr. Sarah MyHill, etc ??

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=8023
    http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=8489&t=CFIDS_FM
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/732378_4
    http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Category:Fatigue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWHWf1yJRac
    These links have the best of the world about CFS and ME.
    They are the world leaders in the research and treatment, specially Prof. DeMeilier.

Jorge.

Chlofloso

hi jorge, thank you very much for all these informative links. i appreciate it very much!

chloë

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

I have been chronically fatigued for about 9 years (can we call that CFS?) and the candida treatment created some days for me when I was actually awake. Miraculous. So yeah I do believe this can help you. For me its the only hope, along with alternative medicine.

Chlofloso

Hi Chris. I guess I would call that CFS, unfortunately.
    Nice to hear that the Candida treatment is helping you a bit. How long have you been on it, if I may wonder?

Chris24

Chlofloso wrote: Hi Chris. I guess I would call that CFS, unfortunately.
    Nice to hear that the Candida treatment is helping you a bit. How long have you been on it, if I may wonder?

On and off it for over a year now. But really feeling awake is a very rare occurence. The last time I felt really awake was almost a year ago, when I was basically starving myself. I can’t go through starving myself again, as it makes my depression worse, which in turn hinders my progress. So I cheat for my minds sake.

I noticed that last year I strayed too far of the diet and thus had to go back to super strict mode for the second time, which started a month ago. Still feel like crap though (okay I cheat). But then again, I was chronically fatigued before candida, so diet is important, but not everything.

Do you know the cause of your problems?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Have you ever tried a blood sugar diet where you eat something small like a piece of celery every hour of the day? Have you ever been tested for chronic fatigue (adrenal fatigue) or hyperglycemia?

Naturopaths can heal you with specific minerals/supplements if they know what hormones you are deficient in…

-raster

Chlofloso

Hi Raster,

no I’ve never tried a blood sugar diet in that sense. I have had periods where I did eat that often though and didn’t feel any change, but maybe it would be worthwile to start a controlled diet like this once. I have been tested for blood sugar levels, is this how you test hypoglycemia or is there a more sophisticated way? I don’t think I’ve been tested for adrenal fatigue. Do you know how this is tested?

Thanks for the input.

Chloë

Chlofloso

Hi Chris,

I see you’re from the Netherlands, actually that’s where I’ve fallen ill when I lived there for my studies 🙂

First I had a winter depression, probably because I wasn’t used to the more northern Netherlands with less light in the winter. It started in september, but I didn’t know it was a winter depression until I went to a chronobiology center in april of the following year. I wasn’t really feeling depressed during that time, but extremely fatigued and unmotivated and had constant cravings for sugar and carbohydrates. This is one of the main symptoms of winter depression because melatonine, which is regulated by light, is linked to the glucose level. Therefore I was eating tons and tons of food and sweets. After that my sleep cycle got treated and normalized and I managed to sleep early at night again. Once the spring light was back, everything went back to normal and I felt completely healthy for two months. Then, I caught a flu (might have been EBV), had throat pain and swollen tonsils for a long time and slowly the fatigue started, and in the end I was left with CFS. The abdominal symptoms started much later.
    So in the end I don’t really know what caused my CFS. Maybe I was feeding the Candida a lot during the winter depression and once I caught the flu it took advantage of the busy immune system, I don’t know. But I will really go for this Candida diet now to see if it makes a change.

Something I can really recommend in case you don’t have it yet is a light therapy lamp. There are studies that it not only helps with winter depression but also with normal depression. In the morning, first thing you do when you wake up is look at it from a close distance for half an hour or fifteen minutes… it takes some days or weeks until you feel something, but I am convinced that it really helps, especially in a gray country like the Netherlands…
    I got mine from here:
    http://www.solvital-lichttherapie.de/mehr-infos/lichttherapielampe.php

Sorry about writing so much. How did your CFS start? What did you try so far?

Chloë

Chris24

Ah gotcha. Yeah I know all about winter depression. In winter in particular I would binge on sugar and alcohol. This is how I think Candida started for me.

The CFS goes 9 years back (age of 14/15). Back then it belonged to my depression, according to my psychologist at the time. Also I am highly sensitive, which means my brain is constantly overloading on information that is coming in. Too much stimuli that I cant handle. I am still struggling with all this.

A grey country indeed, but that’s not issue. The issue is how I perceive it. I spent one winter in south india and still had the same symptoms. This taught me that the world is a result of my perception.
    I had some light therapy with the lamp you speak of, it felt good on short term for me actually.

I have tried: meditation, excessive exercising, eye laser surgery (when I found out my eyes were pretty damn awful and thought that was the cause), anti depressants, and lastly a big cleanse with a candida diet (sort of) in a vegan community in south india where I had one very significant change that lasted 3 days. Actual energy. Other then that, I’ve always been tired and brain fogged. My physical energy and happiness was better during the excessive exercise and meditation (this was before the candida) but the fatigue never went away at that time either.
    Now I’m trying weed. Im pretty sure it makes me feel better on the short term at least. lol… Better than alcohol anyway.

OH almost forgot. I’m trying MMS. I’m keeping a log on the ‘advice’ section of this forum. I think I also have some parasites still partying in my gut from india/nepal. I hope this stuff takes care of that and the candida.

Any treatment you are looking into besides the candida one? I would be interested to hear.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is an adrenal fatigue test you can take where you swab the inside of your cheeks 3-4x per day and send the samples to a lab. It costed me a little over $100 US.

What it showed is that I have low adrenals but not adrenal fatigue. It also showed that I didn’t snack very often and that I didn’t chew my food that much. These results were analyzed by my naturopath. I have been trying to chew my food more, but I usually am hungry enough to just gobble my food down quickly. It is a hard habit to break.

What caused my low adrenals? Probably poor sleep, poor nutrition, and substance abuse (such as caffeine, cigarrettes, and pot).

My fiance also has low adrenals and it was caused by stress, poor diet, and not enough sleep as well. She didn’t get tested but has been taking a homeopathic that gives her more energy.

-raster

Chlofloso

Thanks for the information, raster. I will take it into consideration.

Chlofloso

Hi Chris,

thanks for sharing your story. I don’t think I can say much about it as I didn’t experience any depression (besides the winter depression which manifested itself in fatigue), I’m a very happy person actually. So I don’t know if you should be diagnosed with a depression or with CFS. Do you have the other CFS symptoms like swollen lymph nodes, low-grade fever or feverish feeling, throat pain etc.? Did it start with a flu or a cold?

If I were you, I would really quit consuming weed immediately. I know two persons who developed a major schizophrenia from smoking weed, which is certainly not something you want to have. If you already have a depression, why consume something that can actually cause depression? I’ve seen too many depressed people who consumed weed.

I have also had the oversensitivity issue and still have it a bit, but it’s much better. What has helped me most with CFS was taking a complete break from working, seeing friends, hobbies and so on for a few months. In this time I only stayed at home, most of the time in bed listening to audio books. Went outside to get fresh air and sun in quiet places such as the forest and avoided noisy and stressful situations. In that time I have learned to cope with my energy levels and too always stop before it’s too late. That has helped me to avoid those complete falls where you need days or weeks to recover and I can do much more now.

I think you should really try to do the Candida diet of this forum very strictly without any slipping up. I know it’s hard, but if I can do it, you can do it as well.

I haven’t tried many other treatments because of insurance reasons, but I am now planning to try osteopathy, acupuncture and other alternative treatment options to support my Candida treatment.

Good luck to you!
    Chloë

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Candida and CFS’ is closed to new replies.