Can you eat Cassava Flour or Arrowroot Flour/Powder/Starch?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can you eat Cassava Flour or Arrowroot Flour/Powder/Starch?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kezi K. 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kezi K.
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hello! I’ve posted this before, but got no responses. I will post again. Please respond!! Last year I did the Candida diet for 6 weeks and then gave up because it is a lot of pressure for me. What I didn’t realize is how much it benefited me and how much happier I was!!!

I REALLY love chips and tortillas! I found chips with AMAZING ingredients but I’m unsure about one: Cassava flour. I haven’t found a discussion that clearly states Yes or No for Arrowroot or Cassava.

I found Parsnip Chips at Trader Joe’s and they are amazing! Though you should not eat a lot of parsnips at first. They are $2.99 and have quite a lot in them. Ingredients: Parsnips, sunflower and/or canola oil, sea salt
    They taste AMAZING!!!

Also, I need to know if I can use Arrowroot Powder and/or Tapioca?? I have a tortilla recipe that I love, love, love, but it calls for 1/4 a cup of arrowroot. I make one tortilla one time a week. Is this ok, or should I find a different recipe?
    DO you guys have any recipes for chips or tortillas you could share?

Maybe I should add that I just started the diet up again 4 weeks ago.

Also, what Nut milks do you use/eat. Most of them have Xanthan Gum or Corn Starch or Locust Bean Gum. Can we eat Locust bean gum? I think not but I might just ask.

Thank you,

Kezi K.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I think the arrowroot and cassava flours are fine – they are both often used on low carb diets.

The nut milks are probably OK to, but be careful those additives that you mention. They can be hard on the digestive system. But it all depends how much of it you consume!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Kezi K.
    Participant

Wiley200, thank you! This was helpful! Also, Willey200 from my research it says that Yucca/Cassava is not okay on the Candida Diet. I am interested to see and understand why you think it is…? Thank you!

I would appreciate any other inputs as well.
    I know some of you eat Potatoes as well – at what stage of the diet can you add those in? Thanks,

Kezi K.

Kezi K.
    Participant

Does anybody know??????
    Please and thanks,

Kezi K.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can you eat Cassava Flour or Arrowroot Flour/Powder/Starch?’ is closed to new replies.