Can we have rolled Oats?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can we have rolled Oats?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I have some organic oatmeal and didnt know if we can have that?
    i sure could use a bowl of oatmeal…

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

No. It messes you up.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Get some oat bran instead. Cook it same as oatmeal and it tastes the same to me. I soak it overnight so it cooks faster in the morning, it’s just like instant 🙂

I am used to having a sweet version of oatmeal cooked in milk so not having access to pure stevia here and having to cut out the milk I had to get used to one cooked on water without the honey but it’s not bad at all. After a while having such limited choices, this is such a treat now hahahaha… Sometimes I put some salt in there to mix it up with flavors 🙂

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Oat bran is where its at…I believe able said you can have steel cut oats as well but haven’t tried them. I am unsure why these are allowed.

-raster

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

I wouldn’t recommend eating oats while on the cleanse.

jules
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 25

I would love to know if organic steel cut oats are allowed; it’s one of my favorite foods.

Doggiemama

I am not doing a cleanse. I am on the strict diet. I ordered me some Oat bran but I didnt know the difference between the two…so thought i would ask first.

steel cut oats would be good too. But yes, i want some oatmeal. gotta make some bread first. what does the coconut bread taste like? i hope like bread and not some chalky bland taste..LOL also still trying to learn to make mayo.. have not succeeded. i need some mayo badly. i wished i could buy some…

Doggiemama

Able..can you answer this question for me?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Bob’s Red Mill Organic Oat Bran is the correct type of oat bran, and easy to use for bread making.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bob%27s+red+mill+oat+bran

Rolled oats should be alright, but I never tested these myself so take it easy when first trying them.

Able

Doggiemama

oh cool. I can use it for bread i made some coconut bread tonight. not good for me. it smelled sweet before baking it. and i tried buckwheat. That was HORRIBLE. i spit that out.so whats a good flour/meal that will work for breads?

Also is Expeller Pressed Canola Oil acceptable? I found some mayo with everything good except i wasnt sure about the canola oil in it. i tried making mayo too. it didnt turn out too well. it was bitter. I will try the organic rolled oats..I ordered oat bran online..it just isnt here yet. Definitely looking for a new taste..

Thanks Able!!!!!

orka1998
    Participant

Can someone help translate what rolled oats is? Is this where oat grain is crushed and it’s now kind of flat? If I can have this, it would save my budget big time! These are fairly inexpensive here and I have access to organic ones (one of the few things marked organic here).

So the rolling over the oat grain removes most of the starch, correct?

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

Doggiemama wrote: oh cool. I can use it for bread i made some coconut bread tonight. not good for me. it smelled sweet before baking it. and i tried buckwheat. That was HORRIBLE. i spit that out.so whats a good flour/meal that will work for breads?

Also is Expeller Pressed Canola Oil acceptable? I found some mayo with everything good except i wasnt sure about the canola oil in it. i tried making mayo too. it didnt turn out too well. it was bitter. I will try the organic rolled oats..I ordered oat bran online..it just isnt here yet. Definitely looking for a new taste..

Thanks Able!!!!!

IF you test out oat bran and buckwheat successfully, you can try the bread I am making:

3 cups flour (I use half oat bran flour and half buckwheat)
    1 tbsp baking powder
    some salt (this depends on your taste)
    3 larger eggs
    2 tbsp EVO (or just olive, whatever you are using)
    1 1/2 cups of warm water (or if you are having yoghurt/kefir you can substitute portion of water with that)

Mix ingredients, add to the greased bread baking pan and bake about an hour on 180 degrees C.

To change up the taste of the bread, you can add some dried rosemary in it or some other herb you like.

I didn’t care for plain buckwheat bread, it was too dry and had no taste. This is fairly decent so try it when you are able to.

Hope this helps!

Arijana

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Yes, they are the ones that are flat. I don’t understand why they are allowed, though? I thought oat bran was the one and only oat-derived food acceptable on the diet?

Chloe

orka1998
    Participant

Chlofloso wrote: Yes, they are the ones that are flat. I don’t understand why they are allowed, though? I thought oat bran was the one and only oat-derived food acceptable on the diet?

Chloe

Thanks Chloe!

I also thought these are out. On the other hand, since Able is so cautious, if he said OK to test that gives me a bit of confidence. He doesn’t risk that often. Perhaps the crushing removes most of the starch and you are left with mostly the bran?

Perhaps he sees this post and explains a bit.

Arijana

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

What’s the exact reason why oatmeal is not allowed? Too much starch? How is oat bran different from oatmeal? Would be interested if anyone could point that out.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Can we have rolled Oats?’ is closed to new replies.