Can steroid creams contribute to candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can steroid creams contribute to candida?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TheEggy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Karmalife
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I know steroids taken internally can be a problem but what about topical treatments- can they cause candida overgrowth?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Karmalife;30109 wrote: I know steroids taken internally can be a problem but what about topical treatments- can they cause candida overgrowth?

Anything that is rubbed into the skin can end up in the blood stream, in fact, some research tests have shown that more substance is actually absorbed by the body in this fashion than when taken by mouth.

Steroids can bind with Candida albicans and suppress the immune system’s response which would only lead to increasing their colonization.

As long as steroids are used on a short term basis, it’s doubtful they would have a long lasting effect on a Candida infestation.

Able

TheEggy
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 20

I’ve also been wondering about this. I used steroid creams for YEARS since I was about 8 years old. It always warned to use a tiny bit but I would slather it on like regular lotion. How stupid I was.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Can steroid creams contribute to candida?’ is closed to new replies.