Can I have a banana?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can I have a banana?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  faither 5 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ellerbee
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

OK, I know very well the dos and don’t of several varieties of the anti-Candida diet. What I’m asking is, has anyone else on here gotten away with eating like 1 serving of fruit a day without killing their anti-candida efforts? I’m on the oral tablet Nystatin right now and avoiding all sugars and such, but I’d *really* like to blend maybe 1/2 a banana into my daily almond milk/ spirulina/ glutamine/ chia seed/ etc. shake! I know everyone is different, so I’m just wondering if anyone has had an OK experience with this.

Thanks!!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

It seems to me that most people on here haven’t even “gotten away” with curing their candida by sticking to the forums strict diet (which doesn’t include almond milk). I can speak for myself that a banana, even once, let alone daily, is not worth any set back that it would surely bring on. If I absolutely did have to have some fruit, I would look to fruits that mold less easily than bananas, for example green apples.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Also, sugar cravings go completely away about 72 hours after cutting out all sweeteners, sweets, and fruit. If I were to eat a small amount of fruit everyday, it would only keep the sugar cravings strong, and set me up for failure.

Jujublue
    Replies: 20

My clinical nutritionist suggested one serving of berries a day work for some Candida sufferers, so you might try frozen blueberries or something similar, but my Docs said bananas are too high in sugar. I haven’t personally added any fruit back into my diet yet though.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

No, you can’t have a banana. C. albicans feeds on it, like every other fruit containing fructose or glucose.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Eating a banana is like opening the windows of a house during a fire, it’ll greatly feed the candida. Not only does it contain close to 30g of sugar per serving, making it one of the highest sugar fruits there is, but it is also very high in mold content which needs to be avoided at all costs.

A better alternative would be about 15 blueberries which contain 8g of sugar per serving and if they are fresh, will not contain much molds.

I would only introduce fruit daily when you are basically symptom free. For me this took about a year on the diet. I started to eat apples daily but experienced a setback; now I can eat them daily with no problems.

I’d only stick with berries which are low in sugar until you are symptom free.

Additionally, we do not suggest drinking almond milk unless you make it at home from scratch because the almonds contain molds. To avoid the molds in the almonds, you need to soak them and roast them.

Most forum members are following the strict forum diet, and if you are interested in a copy, email able900.

-raster

ellerbee
    Replies: 3

Thanks for all the replies! Because I’m on prescription and other medical-grade antifungals, I think I’ll go for some berries each day. I’ll have to hold off on that banana until I can take another medical diagnostic test (and it comes back negative for candida).

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Definitely go with the berries. I tried eating a green apple everyday after a few months on the diet and I got the worst gas of my life!

cpaoli17
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

Raster, you mentioned your diet plan and said to send an email if interested, but the email address is incomplete. Am I missing something?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Hell no, no banana.

I am super choosy about the fruits I allow into my life since trying a “banana” before I was healed and lets just say thats why I am on this forum,lol.

I couldnt live without a banana, felt “drunk” afterwards, and it blew my candida up like crazy. And it was just one small banana.

Imagine that even on really good antiyeast drugs you are throwing the yeast a life-preserver with the banana.

I can get away with green apple,pear,and berries but dont have anything else with them or after them, or you’ll get fermenting like a brewery 😉

faither
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 30

Can someone tell me why I can’t start a new thread? I’m logged in, I’ve tried 20 times and have had no success.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can I have a banana?’ is closed to new replies.