CA125

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

This is from mayo clinic… A CA 125 test measures the amount of the protein CA 125 (cancer antigen 125) in your blood. Many different conditions can cause an increase in CA 125. These include uterine fibroids, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease and cirrhosis, as well as pregnancy and normal menstruation. Certain cancers, including ovarian, endometrial, peritoneal and fallopian tube, also can cause CA 125 to be released into the bloodstream.

A coworker and I got this test a few years ago. My came up normal but borderline. Hers was high and a year later she ended up w/ovarian cancer in her mid twenties. I rechecked mine this year a few months after being on the diet and my levels fell by half!! I have a family hx of ovarian cancer and whether the diet has helped lower this or not I’m not certain but happy with the result. Haven’t changed anything else.

Would be curious if others have had this tested.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Emsmith;32818 wrote: I rechecked mine this year a few months after being on the diet and my levels fell by half!! I have a family hx of ovarian cancer and whether the diet has helped lower this or not I’m not certain but happy with the result.

Hello, Em.
    I remember reading one specific study on men who were experiencing a rising number of their prostate-specific antigens (PSA). During the study, part of the men were put on a “healthy” diet with a plentiful amount of vegetables and a limited amount of meats containing saturated fats and other toxins (sound familiar?). The remaining men were to follow their original, normal diet. Following a period of time, the men were all tested again, the outcome was; 44% of those who were put on the healthy diet experienced a rise in their PSA. However, 71% of those on a regular diet experienced a rise in their PSA. Obviously, a longer period of time would allow for a larger difference in the numbers. It’s long been known that diet plays a huge part in almost every ailment known to man; cancer is of course no exception.

Thanks for the information.

Able

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘CA125’ is closed to new replies.