Burning Tongue

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Burning Tongue

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SRQ 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Thanks everyone (particularly Able and Raster) for this helpful, educational forum. After battling a mystery illness for nearly 6-years, it’s only been within the past few months I’ve realized the culprit is candida. I’ve been adhering to my own version of a candida diet: no alcohol, no caffeine, no sugar (including no fruit), no gluten, and no dairy. With the addition of a good probiotic and two enzymes, I’m pleased to report the brain fog has lifted and the blurry vision is gone. One bothersome symptom that remains, though, is a burning tongue. I’ve experienced it periodically over the years, but now it’s persistant. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long did it last? I’m hoping it’s candida die-off and not something else.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It likely is oral thrush which is caused by candida; this should improve or go away in time as well.

I would also avoid all molds; I don’t see you mentioning this. All nuts, dried fruit items, etc. contain molds which feeds candida. This is meant to be saved for stage 2/3 when you feel much better.

Starch should be avoided as well; thats why potatoes and rice aren’t on the diet.

-raster

SRQ

Thanks for the response, Raster. From what I’ve read about tongue thrush, I don’t think that’s what it is; however, I’m 99% sure it’s candida related. Yes, I’m absolutely off all nuts and nearly all starches. Since starting several regimes, which I learned about on this forum, including skin brushing, drinking nettle tea and the alternating hot/cold water shower, I’ve been feeling better. Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can have candida in your saliva without even knowing it; even if you don’t have the symptoms of thrush, there likely is small amounts of it within your saliva. For instance, if you tried an antifungal, it should make your mouth tingle because there is small amounts of candida in your mouth.

Have you ever tried oil pulling? This might help also.

-raster

SRQ

The most recent strong reaction I’ve had with my tongue was the apparent result of introducing chicory root into my diet. The reaction was quite quick and strong. Thoughts? I’m glad you mentioned oil pulling. I read about it for the first time this morning. I’m ready to give it a try tonight!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

SRQ wrote: The most recent strong reaction I’ve had with my tongue was the apparent result of introducing chicory root into my diet. The reaction was quite quick and strong. Thoughts? I’m glad you mentioned oil pulling. I read about it for the first time this morning. I’m ready to give it a try tonight!

Chicory root is a strong prebiotic; this means that it was able to feed the beneficial bacteria in your system allowing it to increase. In addition, chicory root contains antifungal properties which could have caused a degree of die-off in your mouth as Raster explained.

Able

SRQ

I did the oil pulling using virgin coconut oil last night before dinner and before bed, then again upon waking up. It’s not bad at all. I’ve experienced an hour or so of relief, then the burning tongue sensation returns. I’ll continue the treatments and look forward to more positive results.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Burning Tongue’ is closed to new replies.