breasteeding?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions breasteeding?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

heatherr30
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and looking for a way to get rid of my athlete’s foot. I am breastfeeding so I can’t take strong medicines to get rid of it. Thats why the candida diet appeals to me.

However, I also can’t do a cleanse, as my son depends on breastmilk for his nutrition and I need to keep my calories up. Does anyone know if the diet could work without doing a cleanse first?

I don’t think I’m having any extreme symptoms of candida, other than the athlete’s foot that came about 4 years ago with my first pregnancy, and I have never been able to get rid of.

Thanks for any comments!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Heather, and welcome to the forum.

I don’t know if you were talking about this websites protocol, or the one that the forum uses. But if you’ve been reading the information that the website published, please keep in mind that this is much outdated material. The members of the forum use the information on the forum for their treatment, and not the website’s instructions. You will benefit from reading the information located on each of the links below.

You can trust that you don’t have to do the cleanse for the treatment to be successful. The “Proper and Safe Cleanse” below will tell you how to do a simple cleanse which allows more food, and if you feel you can’t do the cleanse at all, you can still cure your Candida/athlete’s foot.

If you have other questions after reading these two posts, just let us know, there are lots of people on the forum who are going through this and will be happy to encourage and help you when they can.

Able

Proper and Safe Cleanse:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

Allowed Foods:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

heatherr30

Thank you for the links and support, Able! I don’t feel that I could handle a low calorie diet at this stage. I need about 3000 calories per day to breastfeed my son. If I understand the links correctly, I would be allowed only proteins and vegetables on the cleanse and first 2 weeks of the diet…I can’t imagine eating 3000 calories from chicken, eggs and salads. From the main web page I understood I would also be able to eat olive and coconut oil and non glutinous grains which would not be a very exciting diet but at least allow me to get the calories I need to breastfeed during the diet.

I am also a bit wary of the supplements which could pass into the breast milk and to be honest on the broken sleep I get each night I am just not able to get my head round what they are called here in Germany, where to buy them or whether they might be safe. I am a bit short on money and time so I am just going to start with the ingredients I can obtain easily.

That would be a glass of warm water and lemon squeezes during the day, and the protein foods and plenty of green veg with brown rice, millet and quinoa, and olive oil to bulk up the calories. That should be an improvement over a junk food diet which I admit I am guilty of from time to time. Does that sound like it might work?

heatherr30

oh and perhaps some kim chee as I live in the Asian quarter

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

heatherr30 wrote: That would be a glass of warm water and lemon squeezes during the day, and the protein foods and plenty of green veg with brown rice, millet and quinoa, and olive oil to bulk up the calories. That should be an improvement over a junk food diet which I admit I am guilty of from time to time. Does that sound like it might work?

Hello, Heather. This diet sounds fine and much healthier for both you and your baby. Another way of adding calories is the coconut bread recipe and especially the coconut oil. You might be interested in checking more of the recipes on the forum as well. Keep in mind that some of the recipes may be for stage two which would not suit your diet at this time.
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

Do you make the kim chee yourself? How is it fermented?

Able

heatherr30

Thanks again! The coconut bread sounds yummy.
    Unfortunately I have not been able to locate unhydrogenated coconut oil.
    The Kim Chee is from the Korean shop. Do I need to ask how it was fermented? Does the same go for Sauerkraut?
    I think I am going to clear my calendar for a couple of weeks in January and try this. It seems like I am only setting myself up for failure with Christmas approaching and MIL due to arrive in only 3 weeks. I am going to try out some of these recipes and funny grains in the meantime. 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth (FYI), so if you think you can beat it within a few weeks…good luck! I like to think of it as a serious illness, more along the lines of mono, AIDS, cancer, etc, where the recovery time is very long.

If you want to do the diet correctly, buttermilk and kim chee may set you back. Same with red meats.

You might want to start the diet after you are done breastfeeding. It may be very difficult for you to eat 3000 calories a day of food, I probably eat closer to 1500 myself. Also if you wait, there will be no worries about transmitting the supplements/vitamins to your child.

Keep in mind that the longer you wait to do the diet, the more ingrained it will be in your body and the candida can grow exponentially(given the right conditions) within only a few weeks.

-Raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘breasteeding?’ is closed to new replies.