Bread ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jennyska
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 26

Hi, today I went to a health shop and bought this bread (they bake it themselves): it contains : buckwheat flour, himalayan sea salt, cider vinegar, gram flour and topioca starc flour. Are the ingredients ok ? Its delicious, can I continue eating it ?
    Jenny 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jennyska wrote: Hi, today I went to a health shop and bought this bread (they bake it themselves): it contains : buckwheat flour, himalayan sea salt, cider vinegar, gram flour and topioca starc flour. Are the ingredients ok ? Its delicious, can I continue eating it ?

Jenny, my guess is, not unless you wish to feed your Candida infestation.

Tapioca starch flour is the culprit and possibly gram flour. The glycemic for starches is amazingly high, and I’ve never heard of one that Candida couldn’t thrive on. Gram flour is made from ground chickpeas, so if you can eat chickpeas with no problem, I suppose you could possibly handle the flour.

The basic idea of a Candida treatment is to keep the diet as ‘clean’ as possible, and neither of these can be considered a clean food product.

Able

jennyska
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 26

Thanks Able, I had two slices already 🙁 Never mind, thank you,Im going to get rid of it, Im learning slowly 🙂
    Thank you,
    Jenny

winemom
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 45

So there is no bread that is tolerated on this diet???

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are plenty of homemade style breads you can make on the diet; the only problem is that they have to be made out of flours that have no downside on the diet. This includes coconut flour, buckwheat flour, almond meal, and teff flour to name a few. Other ones made from tapioca flour, amaranth flour, gluten free wheat, etc are to be avoided because they contain starches, grains, or pose problems for the diet.

-Raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bread ?’ is closed to new replies.