Brain Fog Sufferers & My Story

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Brain Fog Sufferers & My Story

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  tanyanurse 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Hi everyone. I have had Candida for over 2 years now, of which the majority of this duration I spent suffering without any ideas of what was wrong with me, only to find out 2 months ago after countless visits to doctors various hospitals that I was suffering from Candida, Leaky Gut Syndrome and IBS. What a relief I must say to find that I wasn’t going insane and that I hadn’t developed some sort of chronic mental health problem, just a very debilitating condition as a result of developing all these conditions.

Im curious to know who here on this forum also experiences brain fog as a symptom of Candida and what their experiences of it has been?

My experience

I remember from about the age of 15 experiencing very poor memory recall and comprehension problems, such as the inability to be able to answer a question properly or read a bit of text and be able to full comprehend in my mind what I had just read. These traits naturally caused me to have serious trouble learning at school and achieving what I believed I was able to achieve despite being a fairly intelligent student. From this I thought I had dyslexia – I had a series of tests which came back negative, which led to a few raised eyebrows. I remember trying my utmost to listen and learn in classes but to no avail my great efforts did not develop into good work or results, which naturally I found extremely frustrating and gave my confidence a big knock on the work front.

When I left school I found that I was starting to encounter a series of problems which didn’t add up. I started to develop huge amounts of anxiety when being in social situations with my CLOSE friends whenever I would see them, which obviously started to worry me. My memory recall had become SO severe that my ability to generally think and remember what I had been up to completely diminished and whenever I would try to recall something to a friend of what I had been up to I just sat there in silence going um..er.. etc. Whenever I was thinking my mind felt like it was like walking through marshland, which naturally made me think I had developed social anxiety or a mental health problem out of nowhere. Not being able to use your mind is hugely distressing as Im sure you all know!

So, brain fog started by affecting my work and now had decided to divulge into my social life and then as time went on, every aspect of my life, which led me onto becoming very introspective and therefore depressed as a result. I have always been a popular easy going person, and never took myself too seriously. I would like to see myself as a warm, caring and funny guy who before all this was seen as an extremely confident person who basically loved living life. What I have learnt is that brain fog doesn’t just affect your intelligence but also your emotional intelligence, such as being able to control your emotions, have perspective and to be able to reason well in situations, which made it very difficult managing my emotions and so therefore led to behavioural problems. The wealth of knowledge I had gathered over time wasn’t able to be applied in moments of doubt and stress which prevented me from being able to reassure myself that everything was going to be ok in certain situations.

Hope you enjoyed the read and can share your stories.

Best Wishes,
    Jamie

I still have this brain fog but I’m positive that It will get better soon. After all I have learned patience is a virtue.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have been able to get over my brain fog problems and feel really great now; it took a little bit more than a year to get over it, but I have no problems with clear thinking now.

I first healed my gut and many other organs and more recently I’ve been healing my brain. You need essential fatty acids and you will notice an improvement immediately. The one I take is called E3AFA. Another supplement that is great for the brain but is rather expensive is called super neurogen by genestra.

I also take a brain chemical that aids my sleep and its healing my inner neural membrane. Its called PS-100.

You should notice your brain fog slowly improve over the next few months if you try our strict food list and the protocol.

-raster

1533jd

Thankyou very much Rasta for your very helpful response. Brain fog sufferers I have found a very good article on Brain Fog.

http://burningissues.org/car-www/medical_effects/toxic-brain.htm

steve
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Bro – I read your post and went totally silent for a good 1min – these are the exact symptoms I am having – used to be really quick in my thinking and a few years ago I just became “slow” – slow responses, cognitive function is slower, feel mentally lazy and feel i cant access my whole brain (and experiences) when having discussions with friends or at work with my colleagues. HELP! do you know wtf is causing this – is it Candida (yeast??)

1533jd

Steve, thanks for the response. Good to hear there is someone else out there with the same problems. All I can say is its not a mental health problem and your not getting alzeimers, so dont worry! Brain fog is a really frightening thing and it can wear you down emotionally. Also it can cause you to ostracise yourself from your friends as know one really understands, this is because its not considered a real tangible disease and so therefore has no direct way of being treated. What it is, is a sign of a underlying illness so I would best advise you to go to a homeopath and have a stool test and a hydrogen breath test to try and figure out what it is.

Send me a PM if you want to chat in greater detail as more than happy to help a brother out.

Peace
    Jamie

steve
    Replies: 2

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the response – I couldn’t PM you cause it says yer box is full.

By way of background I work in marketing and do a lot of presentations, finished the top of my class at college had a great memory could do presentations with no notes, used to have great persuasive skills.

Then yea a few years ago it all changed, couldn’t go into a twenty second conversation without loosing my train of thought, affected my confidence heaps b/c it made me look dumb and been in a rut for a while at work.

Doctor reckoned it was just nerves the lack of confidence which makes it worse b/c my thoughts get jumbled so it becomes a destructive loop – its like anything to do with complex analysis is beyond me now – tend to reduce things down to the simplest form and feel like I am living in 20second blocks, anything more just seems to leak out of my mind unless I concentrate heaps and consciously try to remember – passive memory is just crap…

Recently got a rash on my body which my doctor said was due to a yeast infection so I have been upping my acidophiles intake and will do a cleanse – that why I been searching candida related stuff – never linked that with my memory / brain fog issues.

Thanks so much for yer response – will book with a homeopath and let you know how it goes.

Regards
    Steve

janiejane
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

I have had very similar issues with brain fog. I think I have had Candida for 25 years and the brain fog got extremely bad about 6 years ago. I have trouble concentrating, trouble finding the right words, my brain gets overwhelmed when I try to multitask, I have trouble following other people’s conversations when they talk about a series of events or try to explain anything more than a simple issue.

I “space out” a lot when too much stimuli is coming in. For example, sometimes it gets so bad that when I go to Walmart I get so overwhelmed by all the “stuff”, the sounds, the people, and what I need to buy. It can be so overwhelming. And, oh my gosh, it can get downright stressful comparing several products in order to choose one.

If I have a lot of things to do I get very anxious and overwhelmed. Now, I have to force myself to focus on the task-at-hand and constantly tell myself to slow down and just do one thing at a time. This is so different than how I used to be, I was the queen of multi-tasking and I have never suffered from anxiety over such mundane things before and it is kinda scary.

I can totally relate to what Jamie said:

What I have learnt is that brain fog doesn’t just affect your intelligence but also your emotional intelligence, such as being able to control your emotions, have perspective and to be able to reason well in situations, which made it very difficult managing my emotions and so therefore led to behavioural problems. The wealth of knowledge I had gathered over time wasn’t able to be applied in moments of doubt and stress which prevented me from being able to reassure myself that everything was going to be ok in certain situations.

This really hit home. This change in my brain has made me very emotional, altered my perspectives and I have become very depressed and moody. I have also become very angry. I used to have a lot of self-confidence in my ability to pretty much do anything I set my mind to. I was a go-getter and have accomplished a lot in my life. Not anymore. And no one understands. I have had to separate myself from my best friend and my family because no doctor has been able to provide a medical diagnosis that they can attribute to all of this. I have tried and tried to explain it to them but they just don’t get it and instead of providing empathy and encouragement they are judgmental and unsupportive.

All of these things are so not like how I used to be and I wish I could get my old positive, happy-go lucky, confident self back. In the 8 months that I have known about Candida I have learned that each of my health issues have been linked to Candida. Only time will tell if curing my Candida will cure all my ills. So far, the brain fog hasn’t gotten much better but I know it can take some time, so I keep on trying. I have seen some improvment in some of my physical ailments (chronic migraines, chronic sinus infections) so I am hopeful that I am on the right track.

Thanks for your posts everyone, it helps so much to know that there are people out there who are going through the same thing and that I’m not losing my mind.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

steve;29650 wrote: these are the exact symptoms I am having – HELP! do you know wtf is causing this – is it Candida (yeast??)

1533jd;29620 wrote: I still have this brain fog but I’m positive that It will get better soon. After all I have learned patience is a virtue.

You’re both suffering from the Candida yeast overgrowth as well as from the Candida die-off toxins. For most people, the worst symptom for both seems to be the debilitating brain-fog.

Both of you can lessen this problem greatly by purchasing two products called Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and “Candidate” by Native Remedies. If you can purchase only one of these, you will still decrease the amounts of toxins in your body causing all your symptoms.

Be sure you purchase Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and not regular Molybdenum.
    Able

AppleBlossm91
    Replies: 1

Oh dear, well more like thank god theres people whom I can relate to.

Ive been suffering from the exact same symptoms for the past 3 years now. I just started to ingest coconut oil as of a week ago I recall having one morning last week where I awoke and could think with great clarity. That lasted an hour or so and then ever since my brain fog has been EXTREME, I also have flu like symptoms, chest tightness, constipation and the worst depression I have experienced in ages!

I just joined this forum thinking I have candida because I match many of the symptoms snd because I just started taking coconut oil last week I am beginning to believe I am going through an extreme die-off!

This brain fog I tell you is a bloody nightmare, but after reading your success story and going by that brief window of hope last week, I just know I will climb out of this mess.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

My brain fog seems to be caused by candida converting sugars/some carbs into alcohol metabolites. Some question of whether the brain fog is caused by ammonia production as well. I think part of the brain fog can be due to the extra histamine the body produces when going through an inflammation response. The inflammation response due to candida-die off(cell membrane leakage) or any substance causing inflammation.

Betonite clay and vitamin C flushes seem to help. But Betonite clay can be dehydrating+constipating. Unfortunately, molybdenum+candidate did nothing for brain fog. Seems candidate caused more symptoms due to the pau’darco+ lemongrass in it. Lemongrass is a diuretic which can actually cause some electrolyte loss. Pau d’arco might cause an healing response due to the anti-fungal properties. Not sure why candidate would help with the brain fog other than maybe the marigold acting as an anti-inflammatory?

Molybdenum(chelated) just seemed to upset my gut and seemed like it was not getting utilized properly. Maybe others have had better results…

Has anyone experimented with a anti-histamine for brain fog? This might be my next experimentation. I notice sf722 can cause a good amount of brain fog.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Antifungals should cause brain fog because they kill candida releasing toxins within the body.

If you believe you have a histamine issue, you can get tested for it at your local doctors office.

-raster

1533jd

I am taking:

Biokult Probiotic – 2x with each meal
    Biocare Mycopryl 680 – 2x with each meal
    Biocare Polyzyme Forte – 2x with each meal
    Higher Nature Citricidal Liquid Grapefruit Extract – 12 drops 30 mins before or 2 hours after each meal
    A. Vogel Milk Thistle

This is for my Leaky Gut Syndrome, IBS and Candida.

Is their any supplement which would help for Brain fog Raster & Able900?

Thanks

1533jd

jameskep;29688 wrote: My brain fog seems to be caused by candida converting sugars/some carbs into alcohol metabolites. Some question of whether the brain fog is caused by ammonia production as well. I think part of the brain fog can be due to the extra histamine the body produces when going through an inflammation response. The inflammation response due to candida-die off(cell membrane leakage) or any substance causing inflammation.

Betonite clay and vitamin C flushes seem to help. But Betonite clay can be dehydrating+constipating. Unfortunately, molybdenum+candidate did nothing for brain fog. Seems candidate caused more symptoms due to the pau’darco+ lemongrass in it. Lemongrass is a diuretic which can actually cause some electrolyte loss. Pau d’arco might cause an healing response due to the anti-fungal properties. Not sure why candidate would help with the brain fog other than maybe the marigold acting as an anti-inflammatory?

Molybdenum(chelated) just seemed to upset my gut and seemed like it was not getting utilized properly. Maybe others have had better results…

Has anyone experimented with a anti-histamine for brain fog? This might be my next experimentation. I notice sf722 can cause a good amount of brain fog.

FYI the one thing which pretty much completely cured my brain fog was 5-htp. It worked for about 2-3 weeks.
    Experimenting with an anti-histamine sounds fairly logical, good luck and let me know how it goes.

1533jd

Has anyone who posted here had any improvements?

I have unfortunately not…

Am i right in thinking the leaky gut cannot be healed until the candida is gone?

In my head this is how the process seems to go:

Follow restricted diet>>>Monitor food reactions>>>Start Supplementation>>>Control and excrete toxins flowing through blood stream>>>Cure Candida>>>Heal Gut>>>Heal Brain fog

How I am trying to heal my gut:

-6x a day with food of Now foods Super Enzyme: (Contains Pancreatin, Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Papain, Ox bile extract, pepsin enyzmes and bromelain)
    -3000-4000mg of Vitamin C
    Udos choice (3:6:9 – Flax seed oil, Sunflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, evening primrose oil, coconut oil, soy lecithin)
    -Zinc Picolinate
    – Jarrow – Dophilus 5 billion strain
    – Local farm linseed oil Omega 3:6:9
    Magnesium Glycinate

How am I trying to heal my candida overgrowth:

-Nystatin – 2-3 spoons per day (havent started yet, was originally on 1 spoon)
    -Milk thistle 1000mg
    -3000-4000mg of vitamin c

How I am trying to reduce die off and inflammation:

-700-900mg Molybdenum per day
    -Himilayan Salts
    -Bentonite Clay
    -Drinking nettle tea
    -White tea
    -Green tea
    -Ashwagandha

To conclude I don’t think Im doing very well, as after 2 months I have shown no considerable improvement or signs that Im on the path to recovery.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    JD

1533jd

Bump

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Brain Fog Sufferers & My Story’ is closed to new replies.