Bowel movements- Sorry for the gross topic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bowel movements- Sorry for the gross topic

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Hy 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Sorry about the gross topic. I was wondering if anyone has had sharp pains when going the bathroom? I have extreme sharp pains before a bowel movement, bad enough that I feel at times like I might pass out. I have passed out in the past, but not recently. I thought being on the diet would make the sharp pain better, but it seems to have gotten worse with time. I hardly ever have a formed bowel movement any more. It is always diarrhea or a very loose stool and I am having pain more often. Before it was only occasionally, now it is almost every day. This of course is probably because it has gotten worse with time, and has nothing to do with the diet. The diet can only help problems like this. But I am wondering if anyone might have some theories what has made it worse with time? Also the stool releases bubble in the toilet. Like a constant flow of gas. I am assuming this is the toxins the candida and parasite are releasing. I also have string looking things and weird parasites looking thing (they are the same things that were in the toilet while taking parasite medicine, they are parasite I believe because they are to large to be undigested food and they look like a little worm. Sorry I know it is gross). Even weird things show up on the toilet paper. I am just concerned about the pain getting worse. Has someone else experienced this? If anyone has guidance on what is going on or any test I might want to take to I am open ears.
    Again sorry for the gross topic,
    Thank you,
    Lauren

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you have diarrhea it is likely from the candida toxins flooding your body. I had it pretty bad for the first few weeks on the diet and then it got really solid. The pains may be because of leaky gut or constipation. I am sure other people have other thoughts.

-raster

Lauren

Raster thanks for the quick reply 😀 I also forgot to type that I have A LOT of mucus in my stool too.
    Thanks
    Lauren

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Did you ever get it checked out by the doctor? The passing out pain and mucus doesn’t sound good at all to me. Did you ever get your stool tested for parasite?

immunetroubles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 26

I agree that you should have some stool testing and see a Doc. Try to get a sample when you know there are parasites present in the stool. I would ask the Doc to use either the Great Plains Lab or Metametrix. You can find them online and they give specific instructions on how to request/submit a test. They use advanced techniques to type these bugs. You need a Doctor to order the tests. It’s well worth it to get a little more information on what bug you’re dealing with. Have they ever put you on a course of albendezole or other parasite meds? Certainly sounds terrible, you should follow up with a Doc right away. Best of luck, keep us updated.
    Lynda

ps I just got some lab results back from metametrix today, they showed the prsence of a parasite but could not type it.

Lauren

Lynda and Orka,
    Thank you both for responding. 😀 I have gotten stool tests done, two of them so far and I will be doing another soon. One was from Metametrix. I actually made a post on here about the different test I have gotten done. I found some parasites in my last stool and took medicine for them. But my pain and mucus has not gotten better. I was wondering if it is something beside candida or parasites. I am wondering if I should be getting another type of test done beside a stool test. I got a lower GI a long time ago, when I first started having problems with my digestive system. I will be seeing my doctor soon a discussing this stuff with her but I just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions here.
    Thanks
    Lauren

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Lauren,
    I have no advice or suggestions. I feel awful for what you are going through. Your in my thoughts and prayers. I’m sorry your road to recovery has had so many bumps, up hill travels and curves. I hope you soon find a smooth path and peace. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Jackie

Lauren

Thank you Jackie! You are all in my prayers too!
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Oh! A subject I feel like I’m becoming an expert on — poop! lol. {I blame this on living in a house full of testosterone and then getting candida and being forced to examine everything!}

So I, too, have been closely tracking bms because they are very telling. From all of the reading I’ve done on this subject and from what I’ve measured against my own experiences, mucus is often die-off related. My own bms were very much like yours but not often accompanied by that level of pain when I first started the diet — very loose and mucusy. The one thing that makes me wonder, though, is the pain. Could you be consuming something you are sensitive to? I mean, I know at first it seems like we are sensitive to everything, but, for me, I noticed corn exasperated all of my intestinal issues {I originally started on Body Ecology and you can have corn on that}. After I figured this out, I removed corn from my diet, and about a week and a half later, I noticed everything really started moving a whole lot more normally. Do you have a gut feeling about any food in particular?

I did have a stool culture done before I began this, and nothing was found to be out of normal, though, there was obviously something wrong as I could tell by the way I felt. I would suggest having a culture done just to rule out other things, but it sounds very typical of candida and the healing process.

The good news! It regulates after being on the diet {for me, two months}! God totally brought about healing to my digestive tract through eating like this.

Everything that I’ve read and my experiences line up with this says that one bm a day or even one after every meal is normal. Here’s a great poop chart. 🙂 http://blog.rbkdesign.com/2010/06/what-does-healthy-poop-look-like/

Hope you start feeling better soon, Lauren. Hugs.

newtothis
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

So mucusy blood clot looking things in toilet is not good? Or is that the candida coming out?

Lauren

Hy,
    I have sensitivity food test done. I am actually not eating really anything that would effect my body because I am on a strict candida diet. Though I do consume more types of meat then most people on this website (bison, lamb, chicken, turkey, and sometimes beef). Great ideas though! I have been on the diet for a while and has not improved. I think this is because there are other reasons for these pains. My intuition and experiences is telling me they are from parasites. This is because parasites are very very hard to find. They can hide in other organs then the gut, can move around the body, can burrow deep into the intestinal wall, and go through different life cycles. All my symptoms are that of parasites problem. Even the fact that every few months around the same time my bowel completely empties at one time. At least this is what it feels like. The amount of stool in the toilet is not a normal amount at all. And then I pass out or feel like I am going to pass out. I believe this is because my body is trying to expel a parasite. This happens over and over again because my body is unable to get rid of parasite on it own. At least that is what I think, but I could be wrong. This is information I have learned form Brenda Watson and other research I have found. Road to Perfect Health by Brenda Watson is a great book, along with her recordings. Here is two websites about parasites.
    http://www.brendawatson.com/digestive-conditions/parasites/
    http://www.nvcentre.com/nvc2003/uni_symptoms_paras.php (there are many symptoms then the ones shown here)

New to this what do you mean blood clot? Is it just blood when you wipe that comes on toilet paper? That might be a internal hemorrhoid. This happens to me sometimes but I had a doctor check it out when it first happened. Blood in stool should be checked by a doctor. Hope it gets better soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lots of love to you both,
    Lauren

Javizy
    Replies: 945

Any blood in the stool should definitely be checked by a doctor. That could be a sign of some serious damage to the gut.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thanks Lauren for the links. I have known some of this information, but not all of it.

I also have a parasite problem and its held back my recovery. Many of the anti-candida tips/advice/protocol can help eliminate parasites, but it doesn’t work perfectly. After 9 months on the diet, I found out I had parasites and have since started to feel a ton better. I’ve probably had (large amounts) of parasites for a decade or so, ever since high school for me. I wouldn’t take it lightly.

-raster

newtothis
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

ummm its kind of like a ball of plasma with a centre of red that floats in the toilet water

Hy
    Replies: 59

Lauren wrote: Hy,
    I have sensitivity food test done. I am actually not eating really anything that would effect my body because I am on a strict candida diet. Though I do consume more types of meat then most people on this website (bison, lamb, chicken, turkey, and sometimes beef). Great ideas though! I have been on the diet for a while and has not improved. I think this is because there are other reasons for these pains. My intuition and experiences is telling me they are from parasites. This is because parasites are very very hard to find. They can hide in other organs then the gut, can move around the body, can burrow deep into the intestinal wall, and go through different life cycles. All my symptoms are that of parasites problem. Even the fact that every few months around the same time my bowel completely empties at one time. At least this is what it feels like. The amount of stool in the toilet is not a normal amount at all. And then I pass out or feel like I am going to pass out. I believe this is because my body is trying to expel a parasite. This happens over and over again because my body is unable to get rid of parasite on it own. At least that is what I think, but I could be wrong. This is information I have learned form Brenda Watson and other research I have found. Road to Perfect Health by Brenda Watson is a great book, along with her recordings. Here is two websites about parasites.
    http://www.brendawatson.com/digestive-conditions/parasites/
    http://www.nvcentre.com/nvc2003/uni_symptoms_paras.php (there are many symptoms then the ones shown here)

New to this what do you mean blood clot? Is it just blood when you wipe that comes on toilet paper? That might be a internal hemorrhoid. This happens to me sometimes but I had a doctor check it out when it first happened. Blood in stool should be checked by a doctor. Hope it gets better soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lots of love to you both,
    Lauren

Lauren, before my holistic prac determined I had yeast, she treated me for parasites. What have you tried? Maybe I can be of help? I rid my body of them naturally.
    Blessings, Hy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bowel movements- Sorry for the gross topic’ is closed to new replies.