body ecology Kefir Kit

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions body ecology Kefir Kit

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Miriam 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

I purchased this kit and was using the first couple of packages without issue. Then when I was attempting to make the most recent batch from the 3rd package I noticed on the instructions in the “tips” area it recommended the dry packs should be refrigerated or frozen. I hadn’t refrigerated them.

As my luck would have it when I went to use this 3rd pack, it seems the milk didn’t ferment after 28 hours. It wasn’t thick, didn’t smell like kefir. I tasted it and it tasted like milk. So I tried another package yesterday and it’s been about 13 hours now. I checked on it and again it doesn’t look like it is fermenting.

This is really disappointing. The Instructions never really put emphasis on refrigerating it. It was a small footnote at the end of the instructions, like it was optional. There was no indication on the outer box that it should be refrigerated and it was shipped to me without an ice pack.

My question is for those who have used this body ecology product, not kefir grains. Is something else going on here? I followed all of the same steps I did the prior times. Was it very important that the packages needed to be refrigerated?

Thanks,

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kodaz2005;31855 wrote: My question is for those who have used this body ecology product, not kefir grains. Is something else going on here? I followed all of the same steps I did the prior times. Was it very important that the packages needed to be refrigerated?

Hello, Kodaz.

Unfortunately, the problem is more than likely the fact that the powder was out of the refrigerator for a period of time. If all or a majority of the bacteria died during that time, then the kefir will not be able to ferment. The bacteria in kefir are much like the bacteria in a probiotic which must be kept refrigerated.

Able

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Able900;31861 wrote:

My question is for those who have used this body ecology product, not kefir grains. Is something else going on here? I followed all of the same steps I did the prior times. Was it very important that the packages needed to be refrigerated?

Hello, Kodaz.

Unfortunately, the problem is more than likely the fact that the powder was out of the refrigerator for a period of time. If all or a majority of the bacteria died during that time, then the kefir will not be able to ferment. The bacteria in kefir are much like the bacteria in a probiotic which must be kept refrigerated.

Able

Oh well, what a bummer. At least I have my other Probiotics in the meantime. I have definitely started to like the Kefir though.

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi,
    Cultures for Health has good grains. 1-800-962-1959. I make coconut milk kefir. They are helpful at Culture for HEalth. Never have had a proble with their grains.
    Miriam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘body ecology Kefir Kit’ is closed to new replies.