blood testing

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions blood testing

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  annilee 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

annilee
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 7

hello..i am now two months in, still strictly adhering to stage two..ready to re-introduce ANYTHING! i met with an allergist yesterday, to narrow down some allergy issues and get some bloodwork done for food allergies. i asked him if i could have my blood tested for candida/level of candida, and he said it was unnecessary; that the lab would test for allergies to yeast. durrrrrrr! is that the same thing? i was hoping there was a way to see if my candida has dropped to a healthy level. he was receptive and even congratulatory on my efforts, yet somewhat dismissive about the testing..any info/experience appreciated~

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

There is a blood test for candida, others can provide the specific antigens or what have you it looks at to determine if ones immune system has mounted a response to mycotoxins. From my limited understanding, it’s pretty accurate but, like most tests can produce false negatives. This is a test I’m trying to push my MD to run in short order prior to proceeding with the more expensive and informative GI effects complete stool test.

If you are having histamine reactions, my hunch is it’s a red flag of an immune system response to mycotoxins. There’s reasons to suspect you probably also suffer, knowingly or unknowingly, from low body temps. The basal temp (body temp upon waking) is a good indicator. If this is true, one could suspect it’s a symptom of adrenal fatigue and/or hypothyroid malfunction since the endocrine system regulates body temp (and metabolism among a whole list of others). There is a whole list of adrenal/thyroid issue symptoms beyond body temp. I don’t know the exact cause/why but, the few times I’ve seen someone speak of histamine issues they have reported low body temps, even if they never took their temps prior.

There is a forum protocol for supporting adrenals.

There are iodine support forums around where they stress the necessary nutrient for proper adrenal/thyroid function is iodine, which is well known. Iodine is very powerful and supplementation requires critical co-factor supplementation beyond iodine – selenium, magnesium, Vit C, Vit D, etc….there are others who are much more qualified to speak on this than me.

The more I research my own situation the more I think adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid issues may be the underlying issue which allowed candida to become a problem. Dvjorge recently posted about heavy metals and adrenal/thyroids as there are other causes beyond iodine deficiency.

Blessings

Lewis28
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Not only are blood tests an accurate way to see if you are affected with Candida, but stool testing will also let your doctor know if your yeast level falls within a normal range.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think allergy testing for candida will give you a positive diagnosis; I’ve never heard of anyone doing this to determine whether they have candida or not.

If you have any allergies period, it is caused by chronic inflammation of the gut. Inflammation(aka leaky gut) is typically caused by candida, parasites, or a poor diet.

-raster

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

It’s my understanding stool testing is more accurate. This is how my doc explained it to me: while there’s a blood test for candida, it’s unusual for candida to spread throughout the entire body. It typically remains in the digestive system/bowels, so it’s best to test from that region. The test requires you to take samples for three consecutive days.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

You guys need to learn it clear to take good decisions !!

Stool test don’t say anything regarding to Candida Related Complex.

Candida cells are present in every individual. It isn’t the presence of unicells in stool that can diagnose an intestinal fungal overgrowth even when it gives an idea.

It is a blood test that looks for immune complexes what is effective. The immune complexes is the binding of fragments of complement of broken candida cells that get the bloodstream an act as antigens with an antibody. Immediately, an active IGG antibody binds to the antigen forming an immune complex (antigen/antibody) this formation can be seen under a live blood microscopy analysis. All who is suffering CRC have fragments of complement circulating in the blood. The unicell form of candida get broken to mutate to mycelia or germ tube. In this process, the fragments of complements are released passing to the blood.

Moreover, if you have an Allergist working with you, you have GOLD.

What you need to ask is for a Candida Intradermal test and a Candida Delayed Sensitivity Test.

This two tests indicate the presence of CRC.

A typical CRC response is an immediate reaction to the intradermal test showing Candida Allergy and a NON-responsive Delayed Sensitivity test result indicating NO immune response to candida.

The Allergist should give you Hyposensitization shots every week until you reverse the conditions. Long term shots reverse the allergy and wake up the immune systen to attack candida again.

Hope this help !!!!

Jorge.

armandrh
    Replies: 3

Be careful with blood testing. Make sure you go to a well known hospital. Some of them used unchecked needles and would be very bad for our health. Just saying.

lee26
    Replies: 10

Would this test be enough?

http://www.gdx.net/uk/product/13

Dvjorge, are you saying stool and saliva tests are of no use at all? I was going to order this one, test kit 4. What do you think about this test? (#4)

http://www.candidatest.co.uk/

Thanks 🙂

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

A positive antibody panel is indicates a fungal infection. I mean those test help if they are positive. But, if they are negative, it doesn’t rule out you don’t have the infection. This is the problem with those tests.

Jorge.

mojosmuze
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi there.
    So I am a Candida sufferer. It has been very serious lately. I had 100 pannel food allergy testing done as well as a blood test with that that showed me if there were any parasites, candida, or h.pylori in my body. Turns out my Candida came back OFF THE CHARTS!!!
    I will try to find the blood testing lab that we used here at my naturopath.
    this site may help
    http://www.sumanasinc.com/webcontent/animations/content/ELISA.html

If you need any more info please let me know and I will be more than willing to help if I can. Best of luck to you!!

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

dvjorge wrote: A positive antibody panel is indicates a fungal infection. I mean those test help if they are positive. But, if they are negative, it doesn’t rule out you don’t have the infection. This is the problem with those tests.

Jorge.

Have you hear of “muscle testing”? I want to get a blood test but, thought it wise to learn about the tests if for no other reason than to educate myself as much as possible.

Blessings.

annilee

thank you all for your replies.
    very helpful to hear of your experiences.
    i will post any revelations/diagnosis
    as they arrive.

thank you!

annilee

thank you all for your replies.
    very helpful to hear of your experiences.
    i will post any revelations/diagnosis
    as they arrive.

thank you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘blood testing’ is closed to new replies.