Blood test vs spittle test

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Blood test vs spittle test

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CandidaDefined 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CandidaDefined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

Hi Everyone,
    Quick update on me.
    I was diagnosed with candida about a year and a half or so ago, and I’ve been on the strict diet since the beginning of July 2012. For the last few weeks I’ve been doing the spittle test every day and it’s showing negative. So I had my Dr run the blood test from the site: this one
    Blood Test
    An Anti-Candida Antibodies, or Candida Immune Complexes test. There are 3 antibodies that should be tested to measure your immune system’s response to Candida – IgG, IgA, and IgM. High levels of these antibodies indicate that an overgrowth of Candida is present. This is the most reliable test for Candidiasis that you can find.

I just received my results and it’s negative. I still have some issues with upset stomach, bloating and etc. Dr is testing food allergies to see if that’s the issue, but I’m still taking my probiotics and eating off the strict diet until I feel well enough to start slowly introducing foods.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t base your diagnosis on tests and especially the spittle test, here is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iryzPoBow

There’s a variety of factors for causing candida overgrowth, but the major ones include prior antibiotic use, GMO foods, mercury toxicity, vitamin deficiencies, etc.

One of the reasons the expensive tests are not very conclusive is because everyone has candida in their bodies…just at different levels. Same with parasites and h.pylori which are other things that are similar to candida overgrowth.

Here’s a question to ask yourself: Have you started to feel better since starting the diet? This is the single most important factor you should consider when deciding whether to commit yourself to healing the body or not in my opinion. The answer was no at first for me (due to die-off) and then 2 months later the symptoms started to lift. I hope the same goes for you as well…

-raster

bedlam
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

raster wrote:
    Here’s a question to ask yourself: Have you started to feel better since starting the diet?

The Mayo Clinic haas this to say about that logic:
    Within a few weeks of replacing processed foods with fresh ones and white flour with whole grains, you may start to feel better in general. That, rather than stopping the growth of yeast in the gastrointestinal tract, is the main benefit of a candida cleanse diet.”

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/candida-cleanse/AN01679

CandidaDefined

I actually did feel better for a while at first. I lost most of the weight that I had gain due to what I think was the candida. But now I’m still having the stomach issues and bloating problems.

I’m not sure how none of the tests can be conclusive. It was a very expensive stool test that alerted me that I had this issue in the first place. This is why everyone gets so confused. We may have a disease that doctors barely recognize, tests can’t determine and treatment works different for everyone. Especially when the candida experts on the forum sometimes directly contradict the candida website. I mean who put the website together. Is there anyone being held accountable. They should at least update it if they have found that something is no longer valid. Although I do appreciate the website, because with out it I don’t know where I would have started. It’s a no wonder I feel like I’m going crazy.

I think that in general since I’ve eliminated every possible bad thing from my life (alcohol, sugar, gluten, wheat, soy etc) of course I am feeling better… but I just don’t see how realistic it is to go two years like this. I’m miserable. It’s so expensive and time consuming to purchase organic foods, and prepare them directly for every single meal. I know it’s for a greater good, but honestly what happens if after two years I find out that it was actually something else.

I guess I’m just venting.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

CandidaDefined wrote: Hi Everyone,
    Quick update on me.
    I was diagnosed with candida about a year and a half or so ago, and I’ve been on the strict diet since the beginning of July 2012. For the last few weeks I’ve been doing the spittle test every day and it’s showing negative. So I had my Dr run the blood test from the site: this one
    Blood Test
    An Anti-Candida Antibodies, or Candida Immune Complexes test. There are 3 antibodies that should be tested to measure your immune system’s response to Candida – IgG, IgA, and IgM. High levels of these antibodies indicate that an overgrowth of Candida is present. This is the most reliable test for Candidiasis that you can find.

I just received my results and it’s negative. I still have some issues with upset stomach, bloating and etc. Dr is testing food allergies to see if that’s the issue, but I’m still taking my probiotics and eating off the strict diet until I feel well enough to start slowly introducing foods.

You have a confusion with these tests.
    A candida antibody in blood isn’t reliable to diagnose CRC.
    Candida Immune Complexes in blood is a different test where they look for immune complexes, candida antigen, plus actual IGG antibody.

If they don’t run this test, I am aware of only one place in US that does it, they can not detect the syndrome. Remember, this syndrome is still controversial and that test was developed specially to detect the presence of an intestinal yeast overgrowth.

Jorge.

CandidaDefined

I’m not sure what you mean. I copied and pasted that test from the candida website. Then I took the info to my doctor and asked her to test me? Is it not possible?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Blood test vs spittle test’ is closed to new replies.