Bloating/gas – and feeding Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bloating/gas – and feeding Candida

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Hello all,

I read somewhere something that said if you Candda overgrowth, and get bloating and gas after food, this is a sign that the Candida is being fed, and fermenting the food in your gut.

Is this true?

I get a lot of bloating when I drink homemade milk-kefir, and no so much bloating (or no bloating) if I skip drinking the kefir.

Does this mean that the kefir is feeding my Candida? Or just the the kefir is ding something else in my gut?

Thanks!!

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

If you experience bloating after eating or drinking something, it probably means that you are allergic to one of the components. Lactose intolerance springs to mind as a classical example.

It simply means that your body lacks certain enzymes that are needed for digestion.

If that’s the case, certain components of your food are not properly digested. They then enter your intestines in undigested form. The bacteria that normally live in your intestines will then start digesting those components. These bacteria may then produce a lot of gas, which results in the bloating you experience.

It’s a quite common condition.

Because you know which product is giving you problems, you can simply avert those problems by not using that product anymore.

Clare_

I guess that means I’ll have to give up kefir.

That would be a shame.

I’ll replace it with water kefir and see how that goes.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Good idea. Experimenting is, in practice, the best way to find out what causes your problems.

Do you have bloating problems with other products that are based on relatively unprocessed milk, or with milk itself? In that case, you might have lactose intolerance, in which case you could still drink kefir, provided you use lactose-free milk for producing it.

Clare_

I haven’t drunk regular milk lately; however, I never used to have such a problem with it.
    Nonetheless, I’ll try a batch of kefir made from lactose free milk, and see how that goes.

Thanks!!

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

According to Able and Rasters topic here, your symptoms could also be a sign of die off.

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

This is normal with kefir. It will improve overtime. It think kefir is too important to give up. Try drinking a 4 oz glass or smaller but dont give it up,completely also make sure your fermenting it properly. Gas and bloating after meals indicates poor digestion and essentially feeding organisms. Candida being one of them. Try eating smaller meals. This is a must in healing. I ve been feeling amazing once I started eating smaller frequent meals. A majority of your plate should be vegetables.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Clare_ wrote: Hello all,

I read somewhere something that said if you Candda overgrowth, and get bloating and gas after food, this is a sign that the Candida is being fed, and fermenting the food in your gut.

Is this true?

I get a lot of bloating when I drink homemade milk-kefir, and no so much bloating (or no bloating) if I skip drinking the kefir.

Does this mean that the kefir is feeding my Candida? Or just the the kefir is ding something else in my gut?

Thanks!!

Hello,
    Fermentation in the gut is mostly bacterial, no fungal. Kefir is loaded of bacteria. If you have SIBO and you are adding more bacteria, you may experience an increase in the symptoms. It is also common to react to fermented food when bacterial changes are taking place in the gut.
    Jorge.

lmm
    Replies: 138

Similarly, I’m a bit disheartened that I’ve just tried coconut bread, which I really enjoyed but quickly seemed to bring on brain fog and a sinus headache. I also have some mild gas now, too. However, I was also eating eggplant and cabbage with olive oil, turmeric and cumin. The question then becomes: was the ‘reaction’ due to inadequate digestion or die-off? I guess the only way of knowing is to try it again. More and more I get sinus headaches from food.

Pesky Candida!!!

Len

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Do you sinuses run after eating, prior to getting the headaches?

Figure my chronic sinuses are from candida/fungal. Some foods cause instantly causing my sinuses to run. Perhaps, they are a constant drip into my upper GI which would make my candida a little a-typical. Few have complained of sinus issues so there is interest in hearing what your issues are beyond headaches (get them too).

Blessings

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

After eating FOS Yacon Syrup, i get gas and bloating..same for inulin.

lmm
    Replies: 138

flailingWcandi wrote: Do you sinuses run after eating, prior to getting the headaches?

Figure my chronic sinuses are from candida/fungal. Some foods cause instantly causing my sinuses to run. Perhaps, they are a constant drip into my upper GI which would make my candida a little a-typical. Few have complained of sinus issues so there is interest in hearing what your issues are beyond headaches (get them too).

Blessings

I get sinus headaches constantly, and they seem to be worse when I eat protein. I think it is undigested protein entering the bloodstream through the perforated stomach wall. It could also be Candida toxins coming into contact with the sinuses, where there is too much toxicity for the body to clear quickly.

Regards
    Len

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bloating/gas – and feeding Candida’ is closed to new replies.