Bloating!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rachie2712
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 13

I have been on the diet for nearly a week now and am more bloated than when I started it!! Has this happened to anyone else?? If so what can help with the bloating?

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

The first two weeks on the diet I was fine. But then when I introduced kefir I got extremely bloated. I suspect dairy intolerance in my case. Or that I had just too much of it at once. Is there anything you are having now that you did not have before starting the diet? If so, you might just cut that thing out for a couple of days and see if you get better. Then you can try to introduce it later on starting with small portions.

Also I’ve heard that taking betaine hydrochloric acid may help. It might be that you are not producing enough stomach acid for breaking down the proteins in foods and that this is causing the bloating. Taking Swedish bitters before a meal may also help in getting the enzyme production going and improving digestion.

Are you constipated at all? Another thing that might be causing bloating is all the dead yeast that’s not been eliminated.

Rachie2712
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 13

I wasn’t having onion or garlic as I was told I had IBS, I have started having them again so maybe it could be that.

I am constipated, so maybe it’s part of the die off phase.

I will try the betaine hydrochloric acid. Thanks for your help 🙂

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

it could the garlic and onion being a bit of a shock suddenly being introduced again. Are you having a lot? They can certainly be quite strong and therefore possibly irritating at first. You could experiment for yourself and not have them for some days and see if you get any better. Then start taking them again little by little.

Another possibility is the die off especially since garlic is an antifungal. That is why it would be best if you could keep taking it. Just thinking that if you did not take it for some time and suddenly started again, you may need to build up slowly.

And best to keep the bowels moving; constipation is not helpful for fighting candida.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Garlic and onion are high in inulin, which is generally bad news for IBS. You may have a threshold level you can tolerate. Asparagus is a less concentrated source of inulin. Suddenly increasing vegetables in general is likely to give anyone constipation. If you did the cleanse, you may have slowed down your metabolism, which would be another explanation. You could try eating more calories more frequently throughout the day with slightly reduced fibre for a while to see if you can reverse this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bloating!!’ is closed to new replies.