Black teeth and candida / alternatives to antibiotics after treatment

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Black teeth and candida / alternatives to antibiotics after treatment

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Having seen alot about fillings and candida, I have lately become concerned about my black tooth. I had root canal about 12 years ago and maybe 6 years ago the part of the tooth that was above the gum broke off and the little that’s left underneath is black. I’ve rarely had pain from it and when it was it lasted less than a day.

I always had this feeling that it couldn’t be healthy and now, although there’s no set time scale for recovering from a candida infestation, I feel that I should have progressed quicker, especially considering my lack of cheating until when I did at christmas.

I googled it and found a thread on curezone which, among other things listed chronic illnesses and intestinal infections that a dead tooth can cause. I have fibromyalgia, which has also given me a few bouts of serious fatigue.
    So already this could be making sense to me.

I realise that I need to get rid of what’s left of this tooth regardless of my infestation, although I don’t know what it would entail as there’s nothing to pull on. Perhaps a dentist would have to cut open the gum to get to it??

Anyway i wondered if anyone had any opinions on this in relation to candida…?

Jo*Jo

I’ve just been googling again and I found someones answer as to how they remove teeth broken off at the gum. (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080405165931AAFrMKF). There’s no mention of antibiotics in the after care, but what if after it was removed I got an infection and needed antibiotics? What could I do instead?!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Maybe oil-pulling? Specifically with coconut oil.

Holistically-minded dentists are very hard to find, but it seems like it might be worth the effort.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would get your tooth removed and they might have to put you under to get it out. They may put you on antibiotics but you don’t necessarily have to take them. If you take antifungals and probiotics, this should be pretty good protection in my opinion.

Relating to this, if your body is taxed for energy then it might not heal certain parts of the body as well as you’d like; for instance your mouth might not be well defended by your immune system. I had 8 cavities at the height of my infestation and thank goodness I used the new white enamel colored stuff without mercury.

Also my two front teeth are crowns so its not the end of the world to have a fake tooth!

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

A tooth turns black when the living tissue starts dying and decaying.
    Jo, regardless of whether it’s actually causing anything at all, it seems to me that this is a health issue that can’t have a positive effect on your well-being and therefore should be corrected.

As far as how the dentist will remove it; I imagine he’ll have to do some cutting in order to make certain that he doesn’t miss any small bits of the tooth, which is what you want.

Able

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Your mouth health is very important to the rest of your health. Definitely get this tooth removed!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Back in the olden times, the length of your life was directly tied to the health of your teeth.

-raster

Jo*Jo

Thanks everyone. Your answers are i guess what i already knew but didnt want to face up to. Apart from laziness, i didnt want the tooth out because i had so much work done on my teeth to get them straight when i was a child and if there’s a big gap, the could all spread out and go wonky again. But its a tooth on the bottom and near the back so it wont notice and its no where near as important as my health. I have seen that there are a few mercury free dentists locally so i’ll look more into that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Black teeth and candida / alternatives to antibiotics after treatment’ is closed to new replies.