Bitters

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Hi Everyone,

For those using Swedish Bitters as a digestive aid, can you please tell me how you got past the extreme “bitter” of it all? I know it’s supposed to be so good for us but I couldn’t take it! Just too bitter. I tried it on the back oif the tongue as instructed. I’ve been using digestive enzyme (pills) instead but I feel that I need a change and also I learned here in the Forum that it’s better to have your own body produce digestive enzymes. So any tips on how to “stomach” the bitters will be greatly appreciated.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The only thing I can tell you is that if you stick with the bitters, you’ll probably become more accustomed to them as you continue. In the beginning I had to follow the bitters with a lot of water immediately (which is a good thing anyway), but after a while I didn’t seem to mind the taste at all. If it bothers you to place them on the back of the tongue, you can try dropping it on the middle or even front part of the tongue. Also if it helps, you can take a bite of something immediately after having the bitters. Yogurt seems to work well for this.

Able

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Thanks Able. Sounds good. I’ll think about giving it a try again. Need to finish the digestive enzymes I bought.

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

This may sound odd but from the start I didn’t mind the taste of bitters.
    I gave it an initial wiff and though egad. So I plugged my nose down the hatch and with nose still plugged drank about 1/2 a glass of water couldn’t taste it.
    After the next meal I just swallowed a spoonful without the production and a little water to swish it down after and I kind of liked it. Liked it like I can drink it no problem, not like it like I would order a glass of it at a restaurant for sipping.

You’ll adjust! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bitters’ is closed to new replies.