Biotin, how much is to much`?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Biotin, how much is to much`?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Currntly im using biotin 5mg 1 cap pr. day. and every morning it makes a little dieoff. Can I raise this to 2 caps a day? 1 in the morning, 1 in the evening?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

klips32;39351 wrote: Currntly im using biotin 5mg 1 cap pr. day. and every morning it makes a little dieoff. Can I raise this to 2 caps a day? 1 in the morning, 1 in the evening?

Hello, Klips. Using the research I found on the amounts of biotin normally recommended for a Candida overgrowth, I wrote the following information in the Biotin post back in 2011.

A good dosage (of Biotin) for a Candida treatment is 1000-2000 mcg. If the infestation is severe, working up to 5000-6000 mcg taken in intervals daily for a short time is acceptable, meaning two to three weeks. Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate should be taken every day as well to protect you from the Candida die-off toxins.

So if my mind is working the way it should this morning, (it may very well not be), your daily intake is 5000 mcg. This means if you add another capsule you’re going to be taking twice the amount, or 10,000 mcg.

If you want to add another 1000 mcg making the total 6000, you could try finding a smaller size capsule containing a lower amount, or you could purchase empty capsules and measure your own doses in the new caps. Since you’re receiving only a small amount of die-off from 5000 mcg, I would say that the biotin has just about played out its use and adding another 1000 mcg probably wouldn’t do a lot more in the way of die-off, but of course I could also be wrong since this is just a guess.
    So what I think I would do in your place is to not worry about raising the amount and just stay with the 5000 mcg for a while longer, but it would be good if you could find a way to divide this amount into various doses throughout the day.

Just a note here about taking extremely high amounts of just one of the eight B vitamins; the problem is, over a length of time, the extra amounts of one B vitamin have been known to cause deficiencies in some of the other B vitamins. There’s a natural ratio in the body of the eight vitamins, and this should try to be maintained the majority of time. This ratio is normally maintained by using supplements such as kefir and probiotics as well as eating healthy foods which supply B vitamins.

Able

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

So what I think I would do in your place is to not worry about raising the amount and just stay with the 5000 mcg for a while longer, but it would be good if you could find a way to divide this amount into various doses throughout the day.

Exactly what I though about doing, but then the “higher dosage” fewer hit me 😛

I will try to find something with 1000mcg pr cap. But for now I’ll just leave it as it is. Thanks!

Regarding the other vitamins: I’m taking a small amount of water kefir every day, and kimchii every other day. When my milk kefir is ready (bought a new portion, last one died pretty much) I will have that every morning too – Is it necessarily to buy yet another supplement with all the B-vitamins? I’m running low on cash pretty fast on this diet!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Is it necessarily to buy yet another supplement with all the B-vitamins? I’m running low on cash pretty fast on this diet!

No, it’s absolutely not necessary, in fact, I never advise anyone to take a full spectrum of the B vitamins because these multi-B vitamin tablets never have the correct ratio and can cause an imbalance. As long as you’re drinking kefir and take the probiotics, your body should take care of the B vitamins — other than something like biotin which most Candida sufferers are deficient in.

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Biotin, how much is to much`?’ is closed to new replies.