Before I go out and buy and restart probiotics…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Before I go out and buy and restart probiotics…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  janiejane 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

I need advice on this since I have already been on probiotics. I saw a naturopath in Aug and she started me out on a high dose of Renew 80billion-14 strain which I was on for one month. It really helped, then I started on same brand but 50 billion-10 strain for 2 weeks which helped also. I am not paying for a naturopath when I can get the same and even better answers here. I am 4 months into the diet (stage 2) and symptoms are alot better, what probiotic should I be on? What dosage and for how long? Should I start the Innate Response-Flora 20-14 or the Mega Flora 20-14 then rotate with HMF by Genestra 2 caps a day? Or since I was already started on a high dose in the beginning should I start higher? I want to purchase what this forum is recommending. But don’t know where to start..Able’s probiotic post suggests 200billion for stubborn cases, maybe I can start somewhere in the middle? How long can someone stay on probiotics and at what dosage? I will have the health food store order what I need if they don’t have it. Thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Tsunny;29829 wrote: I need advice on this since I have already been on probiotics. I saw a naturopath in Aug and she started me out on a high dose of Renew 80billion-14 strain which I was on for one month. It really helped, then I started on same brand but 50 billion-10 strain for 2 weeks which helped also. I am not paying for a naturopath when I can get the same and even better answers here.

I’m glad to see someone realize this. I’m sure all the experts will thank you for that statement.

I am 4 months into the diet (stage 2) and symptoms are alot better, what probiotic should I be on? What dosage and for how long? Should I start the Innate Response-Flora 20-14 or the Mega Flora 20-14 then rotate with HMF by Genestra 2 caps a day? Or since I was already started on a high dose in the beginning should I start higher? I want to purchase what this forum is recommending. But don’t know where to start..Able’s probiotic post suggests 200billion for stubborn cases, maybe I can start somewhere in the middle? How long can someone stay on probiotics and at what dosage?

Since you’ve already been taking 50 and 80 billion a day, I would start with MegaFlora 50 billion, 14-strain capsules. Since these have the DDS-1 strain and the others didn’t, start with one a day for four days, and then move up to 2 a day, morning and night. Take them on an empty stomach at least one hour before meals or two hours after your meals. After about two weeks, you can move up to three capsules a day, and eventually up to 200 billion a day if you need that amount. As a comparison, I’ve been Candida free for around 18 months, but still take between 50 and 100 billion as a maintenance dose on most days.

Able

janiejane
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

Able900;29837 wrote: Take them on an empty stomach at least one hour before meals or two hours after your meals.

Why is it best to take probiotics on an empty stomach? I have MegaFlora and it says to take with food. Just curious as to your view on this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Before I go out and buy and restart probiotics…’ is closed to new replies.