basic yeastless/eggless bread recipe

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes basic yeastless/eggless bread recipe

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Gillybird 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SickofCandida
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

Hi all. I discovered this basic yeast/eggless bread recipe that is NOT candida-diet friendly, and altered it to be ok with the diet by subbing out flours/oils (altered version below). I also decreased baking powder based on comments. http://www.food.com/recipe/yeast-free-bread-67405

Please post if you do a different version of this! I am curious to try it with different flours/oils.

I halved the recipe since experimenting is expensive!

1.5 cups quinoa flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    3/4 cup water
    1/4 cup olive oil

My blend of seasonings:
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (probably need to go with garlic powder and sea salt to be diet friendly, but I didn’t have it)
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    2 teaspoons italian seasonings (use diet friendly herbs)
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (gives it a little after kick)

Combine wet. Combine dry. Slowly mix together until the consistency of the bread dough is wet but not sticky. (Mine ended up still being a little sticky).

As for baking it… you can follow what they said on the website… which is to use a clean pan and back at 400 F for 40 minutes. I would recommend greasing the pan as mine stuck pretty well to it. My oven tends to run hot, so I turned it down to 375 and lessened the cooking time by 10 minutes. It came out doughy on the inside, but that is fine with me.

And this is biscuity dough, so don’t use a muffin pan or it will be really crusty all the way around.

I plan on drizzling with olive oil and eating with soup…

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

thanks,this sounds totally doable.

I might try adding cloves of garlic to the bread as well. My local grocery store does that, and even the kids will eat it…its crazy good. Love the idea of the cayenne!

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

yes! Looks/sounds great.

Will try this one this week!

Many thanks.

Kate

jujubee6
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

This looks do-able.   All the others fit with my very strict regiment, but not my budget.   I’m going to try this with the flour I have – millet flour – and see what happens.  I’ll report back.  Thanks much for posting this

laurenziano
    Blocked
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 25

GOOD JOB POSTING THIS. I AM GLAD SOMEBODY FINALLY REALIZED YEAST IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN BREAD. SIMPLY CANDIDA YEAST PROBLEM IS THE YEAST NOT BREAD. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS. BEST ADVICE PEOPLE WILL EVER GET.

Gillybird
    Blocked
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Though I didn’t make this before without an egg. But I would like to try. Will let you know how it looks like.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘basic yeastless/eggless bread recipe’ is closed to new replies.