bao fermented hot sauce

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions bao fermented hot sauce

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dap215
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I am starting the candida diet soon (along with nystatin). I am worried that I will miss the condiments the most. I can make mayo with lemon, but I love hot sauce. Will Bao’s raw hot sauce work?

http://www.baofoodanddrink.com/products/best-of-bao

If Kimchi is ok, then perhaps this is too?

Also, according to my doctor, heavy cream is ok but not yogurt for the first part of the diet. This seems odd to me.
    Deborah

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

Good question! I’d like to know too. I’ve been using Eden’s sesame hot pepper oil although I know red peppers are inflammatory. : (I just need that little something to keep me going along. Hopefully that’s not a setback.)

fixme
    Participant

– Raw Hot Sauce Chipotle: Organic chipotle peppers, organic peppers, organic apples, organic garlic, organic ginger, sea salt.

Spoke too soon. Those apples are most definately a NO for us phase one-ers.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

The “original” flavor of it doesn’t raise any red flags, in my opinion. Some candida sufferers with leaky gut syndrome have a difficult time with spicy foods, but I’ve been using cayenne since day one with no problems. Plus, cayenne is anti-inflammatory, good for digestion, and antifungal. http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/benefits-of-cayenne-pepper/

Maybe test a little bit of it a few days in a row and see if you feel like it’s causing your symptoms to flare.

dap215
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

thanks, I will give it a try. And the one with apples can be for the next stage. My doctor allows 1/2 cup of certain fruits early on….it’s hard to believe that the hot sauce has a lot in the way of apples in it. I am very excited that I don’t have to give up liquid spice!

fixme
    Participant

You’re right, yum 🙂

– Raw Hot Sauce Original: Organic red peppers, organic chili peppers, organic garlic, organic ginger, sea salt.
    only 29$…

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

This post gave me an idea, I’m going to make my own fermented hot sauce. I found this recipe online http://wellpreserved.ca/2012/04/18/possibly-the-best-lactofermented-hot-sauce-with-whey/

I’m going to start it this week.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Awesome, mrs.candida! And I bet it’ll actually taste better with ACV than white wine vinegar. I’m curious to know how it goes, report back when it’s finished, please 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bao fermented hot sauce’ is closed to new replies.