Bananas? Are they really that bad?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Bananas? Are they really that bad?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sanshou 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

EthanT
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

I’ve been following a candida diet now and the only fruit I eat each day is one banana in the morning.

I know some of these diets say NO fruit what-so-ever at first, but is having one banana really that bad?

Does anyone know how many grams of sugar is in your average banana?

What’s the balance of glucose to fructose in a banana?

Thanks for any info!

EthanT

EthanT
    Participant

Bump.  Nobody has an opinion on this?
    Making the question more general, has anybody successfully treated Candida while eating more fruit than the Candida Diet allows for?

mattcotton37
    Participant
    Replies: 8

Hi,

I removed all fruit as bananas and apple gave me a reaction. I’d personally avoid all fruit for at least 60 days and then re-introduce.

Thanks

Matt

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Bananas are one of the highest sugar fruits out there, and they are high in molds as well.  I would switch to berries which are low in sugar, apricots (lowest sugar fruit out there, don’t get dried ones), watermelon, or sometimes a green apple.

-raster

EthanT
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.  Didn’t realize bananas ranked that high in sugar, let alone the mold.  I really like blue berries, so think I will switch to them.  Maybe I’ll even cut out the fruit altogether for a while.

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

It really depends on your activity and current sugar load. If you are active enough to burn that off it shouldn’t give you much issue, but personally I would try to mix up your diet “fruit” with a little more variety.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bananas? Are they really that bad?’ is closed to new replies.