Baked Brown Rice Snaps Onion Garlic (Checking if these are ok?)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Baked Brown Rice Snaps Onion Garlic (Checking if these are ok?)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Found these at whole foods in Michigan. Wondering if I can eat these. They have many varieties that I know are not ok. Just wondering if this specific brand are ok?

http://edwardandsons.com/popinfo.php?id=151

I guess I want something to dip into a dip and have a crunch.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Jackie,

Are you on stage 1 of the diet? If so, then the various rice products in these aren’t going to help. Also I’d avoid things with so many “powders” in and stick to things closer to the natural foods for now? Sorry to be a party pooper!

I found some Buckwheat crispbread which just literally have buckwheat & salt in them and they’re great for dipping – nice & crunchy!

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/285241_Amisa_Organic_Buckwheat_Crispbread_150g.html

Also cucumber, green bell pepper, celery & raw cauliflower are great to dip (check out the roast aubergine dip on the recipes thread, it’s delicious! Not as fun as chips/ crisps but just think how healthy your insides will be after all that raw veg!!

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

yes, I have been eating lots of peppers, celery etc. I’m just wanting to dip my cracker into my avacado dip or into my eggplant dip and not dip what I eat every day for my meal into my dip…that is all. So I’m looking for some light crips of a thing to hold the dip…sounds crazy. I don’t want sugar, I don’t want chocolate, I don’t want bread, rolls or anything else. Just a stupid flat piece of something to dip into my two dips and enjoy. CRAZY I know but maybe part of the mind games body is playing to get me over everything else.

I just made the most amazing chocolate birthday cake for my daughter.

Deep chocolate fudge cake where I whipped eggwhites and mixed in with this amazing deepfudge chocolate base of a cake mix. Then cut the center out of the cake and fill with this amazing chocolate mouse and then frost with a chocolate whipcream frosting. It smells so amazing…but when I look at it I think of it as poison. I have no urge or want to eat it. I just want a thin crisp wafer to eat my egg plant and garlic dip with…am I nuts or what???? I’m sure this too will pass.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

I know exactly what you mean!! We had a 1st birthday party last week and I had no interest in the muffins, cupcakes or brithday cake… and spent ages planning the savoury dips & special organic chicken wings etc. Have a look for the crispbread… I quite literally nearly kissed the man in the shop when I found them!! I found a black olive spread too (just black olives & olive oil & salt) and the tiniest bit of that on a crispbread is enought to satisfy that salty/ crispy craving you describe so well. Roll on the days when we can have nuts again (washed & roasted & frozen of course!!). Enjoy the party!

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I agree! I could go for more crunchy things. You would think celery would do it for me but it’s not the same at all. I made some buckwheat crackers myself…but they weren’t quite crunchy enough. I will have to give them a try again. I’m also waiting for stage 2 when can have nuts again. Those were a great crunch satisfier! 🙂

My husband ordered a large pizza covered in cheese last night and I wasn’t the least bit interested (I used to LOVE cheese pizza). I was more interested in having my dinner with broccoli and brussel sprouts. 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing you could do instead of getting the rice crackers is to make your own homemade crackers using a dehydrator. It takes a long time to make it, but it turns out pretty OK usually. Maybe look into making a buckwheat cracker, teff flour one, or something similar.

Additionally, you can make homemade crackers using your own oven, it just is hard to get it perfect!

Do not eat crackers made up with the following ingredients:
    Flax seed (could be problematic, but maybe give it a try)
    Rice (starch and sugar)
    Sunflower or any seeds (molds)
    Almonds or nuts (molds)
    Rye
    Wheat/grains

-Raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Baked Brown Rice Snaps Onion Garlic (Checking if these are ok?)’ is closed to new replies.