bacterial infection cause candida overgrowth?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions bacterial infection cause candida overgrowth?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

I’m just wondering what are the thoughts that an underlying bacterial infection is for causing candida?

I had a root canal done to one of my back upper teeth about 5 or 6 years ago. In the last year or two I’ve noticed a small pimple above this tooth and it was slightly tender to touch. I never thought much of it because I had no pain in the tooth.

In the last several months, I’ve noticed the tenderness above this tooth has gotten a lot worse, almost painful at times and then seems to subside. Sometimes when I push on it, it really hurts. Lately I’ve been thinking and obviously the reason I don’t feel any pain is because all the nerves were taken out of that tooth so I shouldn’t assume there isn’t a problem. I’ve also read lots of literature about root canaled teeth being the cause of lots of chronic diseases. One study said over 85 percent of cancer patients who have died had root canaled teeth. One comparison that seems to stick out is if you had a finger or limb turn gangrenous and die, you would never leave it on your body because it was surely kill you from the poisons. Which is perplexing because that is exactly what we are doing with root canaled teeth. The blood supply is cut off completely to the tooth therefore not allowing it to fight off bacterial infection.

I never gave much thought to the tooth infection being a possible cause to my candida because I had taken 2 or 3 rounds of antibiotics in the beginning stages and I figured if it was a tooth infection, the antibiotics would of cleared it up. Well after more research, apparently antibiotics almost never clear up tooth infections, they only suppress the infection long enough so the dentist can get in there and do their thing. AND this only works some of the time.

Is it possible that my immune system has become weakened due to constantly fighting this infection in my tooth that it has lead to my overgrowth of candida?

After months of fighting candida, I no longer believe any more that candida is just something that happened and I was just randomly picked. Nor do I believe any more that you are going to solve all your candida issues just by eating a special diet with lots of antifungals and probiotics. I am really starting to believe that almost everyone who has candida, has an underlying cause for this and you need to fix that before you can ever hope to get rid of your candida. There’s people that eat high sugar and high junk food diets, people who are 500 pounds and obese and cram nothing but sugar and processed foods down their throats and never have an issue with candida.

I was way too naive believing that I could beat this just by changing my diet and taking the best antifungal out there. You have to heal your whole body and find out what caused this problem to begin with. In my opinion, candida is just a response to a bigger problem. Find that bigger problem and fix that first. It’s more than likely going to be a weakened immune system followed by poor digestion.

These are all just my personal feelings after months of battling it. I still recommend a low sugar diet and antifungals but the ultimate cure is not going to come until you figure out what caused it to begin with.

My goal now is to find out what triggered the candida and I am going to keep ruling things out until I hopefully succeed. Could it be an immune system at constant war with a bacterial infection of a dead tooth? I wonder….

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would place most of your money in the antibiotics category being the cause use because this can cause disease by destroying your beneficial bacteria. If you haven’t read up on it much, it is worth checking out.

-raster

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

I have definitely taken a lot of antibiotics throughout my life but I had the candida for a few weeks prior to this round of antibiotics so I wouldn’t say the antibiotics kick started the candida for me. I had questioned this many many times. Do I believe the antibiotics worsened my condition? Absolutely.

Part of me believes it has a lot to do with my tooth infection which is severely weakening my immune system combined with a very bad toxic mold exposure back in March. The toxic mold exposure could of weakened my immune system to the point of allowing the bacterial infection in my tooth really take hold. In the next week I am going to get my tooth looked at and if it is infected, I’m probably just going to opt to have it removed. In my opinion, there is no saving an infected root canaled tooth, it’s just a ticking time bomb until the problems surface.

I have actually started a juice fast and I am on day 7 right now. I’m doing 90 percent greens and 10 percent fruits and the fruits I use are all on the low end of the sugar scale.

I’m going through a pretty intense detox right now and I’m almost experiencing my symptoms in reverse order. I am not getting my hopes up yet cause I’ve been let down before but working on improving my immune system through just fasting can only help.

Some will say juice fasting isn’t a good idea for those who have candida but I’ve given up on being paranoid about everything I put into my body. It hasn’t made any noticeable improvement in the last 3 months for me by fearing sugar so I’m just going to use common sense and do my best to feed my body with the nutrients it needs. I’ve also cut most of my vitamins I’ve been taking and allowing it to come from natural foods.

When I looked at a medicine cabinet filled with 20 bottles of supplements, antifungals etc, that’s when I realized I could be doing more harm than good at this point.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think your order of events makes more sense in your latest post. The mold likely lowered your immune system allowing the yeast to bloom more. And bacteria overgrowth is always something that can happen when this occurs.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

There are several situations that occur in life which can lower the ability of the immune system to work properly – which amounts to having a weak immune system. A diet lacking in nutrients, habitual dehydration, stress, a lack of rest and sleep, exposure to radiation, overuse of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs, and the one we’re all very familiar with – the overuse of antibiotics. A combination of any of these situations, repeated often enough would naturally be a drain on the adrenals as well as the immune system; and there’s no reason not to believe that ongoing infections would be one more occurrence that could add to lessening the potential of the immune system.

I believe that the immune system is much like the liver, when it’s overworked often enough and long enough it can lead to less potential and therefore a lower quality of performance.

What you’ve stated is basically the research that’s reported in every post that Dvjorge has made concerning an immune dysfunction being the basic reason for the failure to cure a Candida overgrowth, and I believe we can say the same about nearly any other disease known to science.

Sean

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘bacterial infection cause candida overgrowth?’ is closed to new replies.