back from naturapath for sibo and yeast

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions back from naturapath for sibo and yeast

This topic contains 41 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I just went over my results about sibo and yeast with a new naturpath because I felt my md didn’t read them properly. For a month I m gonna cut out all probiotics because with sibo it can be too much good plus bad. She said keep killin the yeast with my yeast stuff but add peppermint gels for my sibo. She said we kill the stuff then start over by adding probiotics. That makes sense since I have been on probiotics for a long time now which can contribute to sibo and my bloating. She is having me add apple cider vinegar twenty minutes before meals and to keep taking the bitters. She also is having me drink chamollile tea, don’t know how to spell it, but its supposed to help soothe the digestive track. Also she gave me a castro oil roller that is supposed to help with bloating once a night. I put it on my stomach and put a warm towel over it for twenty minutes. Kinda interesting. So hopefully this plan helps and I have to stay away from a few different veggies, lentils and beans. So I know some people were curious about the sibo treatment with yeast so I hope this helps. Hope this sounds good, and I hope it works.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Good luck!

Peyt
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 51

moochpb;43166 wrote: I just went over my results about sibo and yeast with a new naturpath because I felt my md didn’t read them properly. For a month I m gonna cut out all probiotics because with sibo it can be too much good plus bad. She said keep killin the yeast with my yeast stuff but add peppermint gels for my sibo. She said we kill the stuff then start over by adding probiotics. That makes sense since I have been on probiotics for a long time now which can contribute to sibo and my bloating. She is having me add apple cider vinegar twenty minutes before meals and to keep taking the bitters. She also is having me drink chamollile tea, don’t know how to spell it, but its supposed to help soothe the digestive track. Also she gave me a castro oil roller that is supposed to help with bloating once a night. I put it on my stomach and put a warm towel over it for twenty minutes. Kinda interesting. So hopefully this plan helps and I have to stay away from a few different veggies, lentils and beans. So I know some people were curious about the sibo treatment with yeast so I hope this helps. Hope this sounds good, and I hope it works.

Hi Moochpb,

Because of your posts, I have been reading and educating myself about SIBO. So thanks so much.
    I am now realizing that my symptoms of leaky gut and small intestine problems could very well be the SIBO. I met with a Chiropractor about 6 months ago and she did some testing and determined I had Leaky Gut in the Small Intestine, but did not use the phrase SIBO.

ANyways,
    As I am reading and listening to podcasts about SIBO (Such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qub88yYB6-4 ) I am learning that for the purpose of SIBO its best to kill the bacteria first before starting Probiotics.

So I am just starting SF722 and wondering if that is enough to kill the bacteria??? I mean, what are you currently using? I am also considering adding Oregon Grape Root …. But wanted to ask you about all the supplements you are taking so we can compare notes….

Thanks

moochpb

Your welcome. I feel candida is over diagnosed and sibo is ignored. If people aren’t getting better on the candida diet while taking antifungals for many months I’d get sibo looked at. Probiotics are great but again for sibo it’s hurting us even more. I still eat buckwheat bread, amaranth and coconut bread but the bloating isn’t going away. I don’t react to rice at all. Prebiotics feed the bacteria so I’m gonna limit those a bit more plus cut down on Greek yogurt die to the bacteria. I’m on nystatin for my yeast, sf722, which idk if that is killin bacteria or just yeast. The best natural killer for sibo is peppermint gels. I started taking them this week. Then I might add barberine which kills good and bad bacteria but I need that. Once the bacteria is gone I can full my body with good bacteria. Seems like another few months for my digestive sysytem. But the diet, sf722 and nystatin have been great and I have a lot of energy compared to two months ago. I train my Jiu jitsu hard 3 times a week and lift 2 times a week. My adrenals feel better. Also digestive bitters are great. Regular enzymes seemed I hurt me and I know did some damage. Able knows what he is talking about. Thanks and I hope we can tackle this problem. I want people to know sibo can be delaying or making the candida worse if not taken care of

Peyt

After listening to that podcast that I posted, I decided to go to the local book store and buy the book: Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gloria Gottschall

The book was written decades ago, but I am learning so much from it already… just finished the 3rd chapter… all the stuff it say about extra production of mucus is me!

Currently I am taking the following:
    SF722 6 pills (2/2/2)
    TriEnza with DPP IV Activity(Enzymes)- 1 capsule w lunch 1 capsule with dinner
    HCL 350mg 1 tablet with lunch 1 tablet with dinner
    Sauerkraut or homemade yogurt – with either lunch or dinner
    Royal Jelly – with dinner (this has not helped with Candida but helps with energy and other stuff)
    Beano – 1 tablet when I am having Sauerkraut
    Molybdenum – 150mg (x2) – 1 with lunch 1 with dinner
    Nettle Tea – 2 cups a day
    I also take some Chinese Medicine Formulas but those are to help other stuff unrelated to Candida/SIBO

Here is what I am considering adding in the next few days/weeks:
    1. Bee Propolis –
    2. Oregon Grape Root / Coptis / Golden Seal (Basically a form of Berberis)
    3. peppermint gels (Need to look further into this one)
    4. Milk Thistle

moochpb

That’s all good stuff. That’s the right stuff your taking. I’m gonna find that book too. Just google peppermint gels and sibo.

Peyt

I forgot 1 supplement that I take which is called “Methyl B12 Plus”
    Basically it’s L-Methyfolate (B-9) and Methylcobalamin (B12)in its active form.
    These 2 are the active forms of B-9 and B-12 as I am deficient in both and since I don’t have good digestion this way it’s already digested as opposed to taking B12 and Folic Acid that requires break down in the intestine that I am unable to do…

Interestingly enough, the book says B12 and B9 are responsible for healing the micorvilli in the intestine that help digest starches….(So it made me remember to mention it)

I just started this supplement a week ago. The only difference I see since I started it is that I feel calmer and less ADHD. I only take 1 tablet per day.

I take this because I tested low on B12 and B9.

moochpb

Im on b6 and b12. Im also deficient in b’s which is caused by yeast and bacteria. I take milk thistle, vit c, amino acids, 10g of l glutamine a day. 5,000 of vid d a day, I take minerals in pill form. I also just started using a castrol oil rub stick. I rub it on my stomach and put a heating pad over it. Its supposed to help digestion and aid bloating. So hopefully it works. Chamolille tea I just started taking too before bed to relax me and help with digestion.

Peyt

moochpb;43289 wrote: That’s all good stuff. That’s the right stuff your taking. I’m gonna find that book too. Just google peppermint gels and sibo.

May I ask which brand of Peppermint Gel you use?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am glad that you are on a better course with the SIBO and this naturopath sounds pretty good in my opinion.

I think stopping the probiotics might be a good thing because you need to treat the SIBO first before the candida. Its difficult to do them both at once.

How are you feeling after stopping the probiotics?

-raster

moochpb

Thanks raster. Glad to see you back and pretty much cured. It gives us hope. It’s been 3 days since stopping the probiotics and I don’t feel any worse and I still have good energy pretty much every day. I feel like now I can rid of bacteria, replenish with good bacteria and keep pounding the yeast while eating good. I feel the flour prebiotic breads aren’t helping cause they keep the bacteria alive. I are some rice twice this week and don’t feel near as bloated if I eat buckwheat or coconut bread.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is a SIBO breath test they can do at a doctor’s office; some places might not have the test at their facility and you might have to go elsewhere…

-raster

moochpb

Stool tests won’t really show a bacteria overgrowth, hydrogen breathe tests are good because it shows exactly what bacteria is high. However, lots of false positives. Mine was seen in my nutrient deffociency test. It was bloodwork and urine showing the small intestines. Stool tests are pretty much colon related. Sibo isn’t the same as h pylori. H pylori is an infection that can be gotten rid of pretty with I think an antibiotic.

Peyt

I am seeing one option to get rid of SIBO is using Elemental Diet Powders.
    That might be an option too…. Instead of killing the bacteria, it starves it because apparently the bacteria eats foods that are not digested, and these powders are predigested … it is used for 2 weeks…

Just another option… not sure if u already discussed this w your Naturopath.

It is kinda pricey though!

moochpb

yeah I read about the elemental diet and that wouldn’t be easy for me to do or convenient. I might do a week of xifiran which 96% of it stays in the gut, along with my candida diet Im hoping it clears out the bacteria. I hate to take an antibiotic but it doesn’t add yeast as I read multiple readings on xifarin. I hope to start it next week for one week from the md that works with the naturapath

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘back from naturapath for sibo and yeast’ is closed to new replies.