Attention Raster: How did being off the diet effect you?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Attention Raster: How did being off the diet effect you?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

You mind me asking a little bit more about your week long experience cheating? IE, where is your health now relative to where you were BEFORE the honeymoon?

Thanks bro for all your help.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

goingnatural wrote: You mind me asking a little bit more about your week long experience cheating? IE, where is your health now relative to where you were BEFORE the honeymoon?

Thanks bro for all your help.

He updated it the other day. Its on here somewhere. He had a few reactions when he got back I believe.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Okay, it looks to be here: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4468_Angular-chelitis.aspx

I can relate. I spent a lengthy time on this lifestyle about 1.7 years ago and felt amazing (98% symptom free). Then I had spring break and cheated over a course of about 2 weeks. For me, that time did a number … the brain fog, the low moods, the joint pain, etc,. came roaring back.

Anyways, to Raster, hang in bro, you are a big help to us all; it sucks that we have to be sooo careful with our diets .. but it was your honeymoon .. and we are only human … think of it as a lesson that many members will benefit from !

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s my blog post where I mentioned how I was doing before and after the major cheating event:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst818_Candida-diet-blogpost-from-month-2-to-1-year.aspx

I didn’t go into too much detail on what I ate, but I can list it out now if you want.

Basically before going on my honeymoon I’ve been making slow progress week by week while on the diet for about a year. I went from having extremely severe leaky gut symptoms to being mostly symptom free while on the diet and when I cheat. I’ve been testing myself out on things like hamburgers and fries, korean BBQ, chinese food, etc. about once a month or less before going on the honeymoon, and I would get very slight allergic reactions or no symptoms from eating those items.

I then started to eat more fruit because fruit is anti-inflammatory and have a lot of beneficial properties; fruit also heals leaky gut. I was doing pretty good eating some strawberries regularly and other items such as a few plums here and there. I ate some watermelon the last 2 weeks which actually is rather low in sugar. No symptoms whatsoever when I eat fruit.

So, I’ve been on the strict diet for a year and I feel rather strong. I wanted to drink alcohol on the wedding night and really “live it up” for the first time in a year. I mean, after being on this diet for so long, eating some pizza or french toast sounds really good, right?

Well I guess I should start with the wedding night. I ate fruit, pasta, chocolate cake, and some vodka tonics. The first day in hawaii I ate pizza, oat bar, tacos, and chips and salsa. On the airplane I ate korean BBQ chicken and rice with a poison cookie of death (this gave me the worst reaction while on the trip). I was starving and didn’t prepare myself for the long flight.

I then progressed into eating potatoes, potato chips, french toast, ice cream, hamburger and fries, tacos and chips and salsa, more fruit, waffle, oat bars, etc. (I can’t remember everything I ate).

Basically I ate nothing healthy except for my lunchtime salads, the fruit, kefir (got at store), greek yogurt, and buckwheat 2x while on the trip. So for dinner I would cheat bad, while breakfast would alternate between cheating bad and eating OK. Lunch would in general be pretty healthy. I drank coffee almost every day.

What symptoms returned? Well, first thing the fatigue came back. My sleeping started to get worse slowly as well. I started to get more seizures which was caused by the cheating (it produced an enzyme in my body that erodes the neurological system). I developed the angular chelitis as well (almost healed btw). I had a few minor headaches. A few palpitations. I got pretty angry and my emotions weren’t very level.

So, basically I’ve thought to myself that I am throwing everything away by continuing to smoke cigarrettes which I’ve smoked for the last 14 years. Before starting the diet I wanted to see if I could heal despite the smoking, and I definitely did heal quite a bit. However, after a year and spending a ton of money on this and spending a ton of time on this…I’ve decided that I need to address both my long term and short term health in one stone by quitting smoking.

I am going to do it sooner than later and need to set a date for it, but its time for it to go. It causes inflammation, it feeds oral thrush, and it doesn’t allow me to kill the candida in my lungs (I am sure there is some there). It also causes leaky gut, demineralization, and suppresses the immune system. Basically if you smoke, your lungs produce a mucuous membrane in your lungs to protect your lungs from the damage of smoking. Mucuous protects candida and it gives it a place where it cannot be killed. I bet I will experience a lot of die-off when I do quit…I might do a cleanse at the same time to push the toxins out of my body. Its going to be the toughest thing I’ve ever done in my life, but will it be harder than quitting my favorite foods? We’ll see…

-raster

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Good luck Raster 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Attention Raster: How did being off the diet effect you?’ is closed to new replies.