Athlete's Foot

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Athlete's Foot

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sunshine33 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Athlete’s foot is another form of Candida, and it often accompanies a Candida infestation. This infection can be treated with the normal Candida treatment protocol, but just like thrush, it can also be treated directly. But treating athlete’s foot can prove rather difficult at times simply because, being cooped up in a shoe all day, the feet are naturally warm and moist most of the time, which is the perfect environment for Candida and other fungi to thrive, so keeping the feet dry is important.

If you think you may have an athlete’s foot fungus, you shouldn’t place any type of synthetic materials of any kind on your feet, this includes hose and socks made of any type of synthetic blend. If you wear tennis shoes you should always wear 100% cotton socks with them. Actually, being bare foot is the best thing for your feet if you have the infection. Your shoes should be either real leather or cloth, and you can put baking soda inside your shoes to absorb the moister.

Powder made from cornstarch can be purchased which will keep the area on your feet dry. As I’ve already stated, Candida thrives in moist places.

Healthy skin has a natural acidic surface, so you want the skin on your feet to build up this natural and healthy acidic surface for protection, so avoid scrubbing your feet with soap; a spray of warm water will do for a while. Soaking your feet a few times a day in garlic and lemon tea will leave an acid surface on your feet as well. An Epsom salt footbath is also a good idea.

Putting an antifungal solution on the infected area is an excellent idea. Make a solution of 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 10 drops of oil of oregano and rub on your feet a few times a day if you can (or you can make half the amount if you prefer). No need to refrigerate any that’s left over. Leaving the solution on your feet overnight is also a good idea since an oil solution can’t encourage fungus growths like moister will.

Able

sunshine33
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 17

I had ringworm from summer 2003 until summer 2009 — six years with the same spots on both arms and occasional outbreaks on my whole body. I should’ve known then that I had candida! I know ringworm and athlete’s foot are different, but the treatments are often similar so I wanted to chime in.

When I had it, I tried everything I could find — clotrimazole (OTC and prescription), terbinafine, miconazole, epsom salts, tea tree oil, garlic and herb poultices, scrubbing, powdering, etc. I went through so many tubes and bottles of antifungals! Finally one night I read about bathing in a mix of epsom salts, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil and herbs (I think I used lavendar and chamomile in tea strainers). Whether it was good luck and good timing, or the bath, my ringworm cleared up almost overnight. I attribute it to the apple cider vinegar, since I know it can help normalize/restore your skin’s pH, which provides a less-than-ideal home for those nasty fungi. I’ve had ringworm once or twice since, but just had a bath with a healthy dose of ACV and that did the trick!

Able offers some very good advice for athlete’s foot — wish I had know about coconut oil and oil of oregano when I had ringworm. Just wanted to put another remedy out there. Everyone’s body works differently and is unbalanced for different reasons, so find what works for you.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thanks for your input, Sunshine. You’re so right about everyone’s body working differently, that’s why I like offering different remedies for the same problem as well as why I hate timelines connected to the Candida treatment.

Thanks again.
    Able

sunshine33
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 17

I know what an ordeal it can be to have a fungal skin infection. I asked about it every time I went to the doctor, and they just kept giving me clotrimazole. One gave me prescription cream for scabies, just to see if it would help I guess. I had to cover my whole body with this itchy white cream and keep it on overnight. It did nothing but make me red and itchy.

I remembered a few more home remedies I tried — blood root (externally), witch hazel, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, different types of clay and herb masks, lavendar oil, iodine, black walnut, herbal balms, covering it in nail polish, pretty much anything you can think of! I washed my sheets and everything else in hot water to kill anything that could spread, and washed my hands constantly. And dandruff shampoo — i used to cover my body in it and stand freeezing in the shower waiting 15 minutes to rinse it off so it could work its magic. To no avail!

I’m so thankful I finally found out what’s wrong with me and found this site. Hopefully I never have to deal with any of that ever again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Athlete's Foot’ is closed to new replies.