At what stage of treatment would be best to take antibiotics/painkillers

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions At what stage of treatment would be best to take antibiotics/painkillers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sugrarrr 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sugrarrr
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 3

Hi all,

I will need surgery in the near future and have been pondering as to when I should schedule to do so. It is not urgent by any means. I have been on the diet since Feb this year and have had some improvements, although I do think it will take me another year and a half to two years because my major symptoms are still persistent. Although my progress has been small, i have seen positive things which has motivated me to keep at it.

My question is, should I have the surgery within the next few months (probably at the 1 year mark in feb) or is it recommended to wait until i am completely cured, however long this may take.

I know it is a personal choice but I would rather experience failure now than be cured and then be faced with candida again that will no doubt be more resistant to treatment. On the other hand, if I am completely cured and have surgery, maybe my body will process antibiotics and painkillers like an ordinary person?

thoughts?

Jennifer1616
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 10

Personally, I wouldn’t have an elective surgery that requires antibiotics when I’m struggling with candida. But, I am not an expert by any means. What are your major symptoms? Have you been adhering to the diet strictly since Feb? Seems like you should have seen more improvement since then?

sugrarrr
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 3

Thanks for your reply 🙂

my major symptoms are persistent thrush, white tongue, chronic bad breath and permanent bloating- all of which led to the start of treatment. The improvements I have had include better digestion, less sensitivity to certain foods, almost no migraines and much more energy- particularly when lacking sleep.

The reason I say that my progress has been small is because the symptoms I describe above as major are the ones that I am looking to eradicate.

The surgery is elective at this point in time but I will eventually need it to prevent complications further on in life. I suppose I will hold it off for now and reassess based on how I am feeling next year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘At what stage of treatment would be best to take antibiotics/painkillers’ is closed to new replies.