At a total loss…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions At a total loss…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mstewart 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AnotherIdol
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hey guys,

I need a little help! This is lengthy so I do apologise. Everything is laid out in order so I can hopefully get some feedback on what is going on!

I stumbled across this site after looking up symptoms that I have. I’ve had them for around a year now and have been to the doctors numerous times taking various pills and using various creams to no avail. I am getting really desperate now and I really need some proper help. I’m currently 21 and a student at University. I do explain things fully and in a little detail, just a warning.

It all started as Thrush, which I kindly accepted from my girlfriend. I didn’t know at the time she had it but we had sex and the next day it started. I took the Thrush caneston tablets, used the cream and it went away, for about a week. It then came back so I used more cream – this lasted for about a month. I finally went to the doctors and he told me to continue with what I was doing. A week later I was sat back in his office pleading with him to offer me something. He gave me a Fluconazole tablet and some steroid cream to take down the itching and redness (I was later told this was the second strongest they had). This was all fine and the steroid cream worked for a while but I wasn’t 100% on using steriods on my genitals for a long period of time. Needless to say nothing worked and I now had a red patch and itching around my anus.

I went back after using these creams and pills and was told it could be an alergic reaction. I was told to change shampoo’s and body washes I was using and see how that went. It obviously didn’t work so I returned. I had tests for diabeties which all came back clear and I don’t have any other illness. Through this period I was put on Fluconazole again for two weeks.

I had started to gain around a Stone in weight, atheletes foot appeared and a small, flaky scab appeared in the crease of my ear. I now have scabs on my scalp too. They do not itch and do not bother me, however when picked to remove the dead skin they leak a clear liquid. After the two weeks on Fluconazole I was refered to the hospital, to the Genitory Urinary Medicine unit where they check for STI’s. First time round it was said to be psoriasis. The guy had no clue and reffered me to his co worker. I explained everything to him whilst he was sat on Google and he came to the conclusion that it was Candida related. I am now using Dakacort cream. Whilst it started to work it has now been rendered ineffective – just like all of the other treatments.

I am at my wits end with this and I really need help. Is it possible that I have a candida overgrowth in my intestines and that is what is causing this? I am due back to see my doctor in January but I honestly cannot wait that long. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am now starting to fear for my sanity because of this!

EDIT: I forgot to add:

Because I am a university student, my meals do consist of ready meals and things that are prepared. Most things are microwaved as healthier options prove to be a lot more expensive. Also because of this my sleeping patterns have drastically changed. Everything is a lot itchier and irritating at night and first thing in the morning.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

AnotherIdol wrote: Is it possible that I have a candida overgrowth in my intestines and that is what is causing this?

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

To answer the question above, I have to say it’s extremely possible, in fact, I’d say it’s a safe bet.

I understand that you’re a college student, but all I can say is that your present diet has to be feeding the Candida or your infestation would not continue to grow worse. You need to read the protocol and then the allowed-foods list, and then come back with additional questions.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Able

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

One way to tell if you have candida in your intestines would be to try the diet and see if you start feeling worse. If you feel worse, that is the die-off from the candida. The die-off is no fun…but over time you will begin to feel better and it makes it all worth it.

Oh, and you’re not insane. It’s very frustrating not having the answers and repeatedly having to go to the doctor with little or no relief.

I hope this forum helps bring you some peace of mind. It has for several of us. 🙂

Kirsty

AnotherIdol

Able900 wrote:

Is it possible that I have a candida overgrowth in my intestines and that is what is causing this?

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

To answer the question above, I have to say it’s extremely possible, in fact, I’d say it’s a safe bet.

I understand that you’re a college student, but all I can say is that your present diet has to be feeding the Candida or your infestation would not continue to grow worse. You need to read the protocol and then the allowed-foods list, and then come back with additional questions.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Able

Thanks a lot! I’ve been researching what the problem is for around a year now and I’ve tried a lot of stuff no to avail. Hopefully I have now pinpointed it to this.

I also remembered what must have triggered the infestation. I did have a bad bout of Strep Throat just before. I was prescribed Penicillin, which made me ill with quite bad diarrhea. That lasted nearly 3 weeks and the doctors said carry on life as normal, which I must say – was quite a challenge.

I am planning on following the diet completely. Living healtheir is something that I have wanted to do for a while, I just never really had a push to actually do it. I was very much in my comfort zone.

Thank you very much for you help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello anotheridol,

If you want to know the likely cause of your overgrowth it was likely the antibiotics. Antibiotics stand for “against life” and destroy both the beneficial and bad bacteria in your gut. This causes a flora imbalance in your intestines giving the candida room to grow. Probiotics stand for “pro life” and will introduce good bacteria to your gut. This is the single most important thing you will need to recover if you have candida.

The diet is expensive I must say but if you want to live healthier (symptom free), I highly recommend it. It may be hard to do in college with the food in the cafeteria so you will need to plan out how you are going to stick to the diet.

Take care and good luck.

Check out some dr. mcoomb’s if you want to be convinced of your symptoms:
    http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

Don’t follow his plan because it is ineffective, just listen to his information.

Also, the hair/scalp problem you mentioned sounds very much like ringworm which is athletes foot for the head. I recommend a dandruff shampoo with selenium sulfide a few days a week to help cure this infestation.

-Raster

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

AnotherIdol wrote: I now have scabs on my scalp too. They do not itch and do not bother me, however when picked to remove the dead skin they leak a clear liquid.

Scabs on my scalp was a symptom for me but there was no seepage of liquid though I am bald so had no hair to irritate it or had to shampoo it thoroughly however I am on week 10 of my diet and this particular symptom has all but gone and most of my other symptoms of gut aches/muscle aches amongst others are quite mild at the moment. What I can DEFINITELY say is that I feel better than I did before starting the diet and feel comfortable that the trouble I get at the moment is die off related as I’ve introduced probiotics and anti fungals.

What I’m trying to say is that though it can be hard at the start if you show perserverence and self discipline then it will get easier

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

James, thank you for such a sincere verification of our protocol. The fact that you took the time to state this is not only useful for the members, but much appreciated.

Sincerely, Able

AnotherIdol

Just wondered if Able or Raster in particular had any experience with the drug Nystatin as this is supposed to kill the Candida but leave the good bacteria intact. If I were to go back to my doctor, explain everything and he were to suggest this drug, would this & the low sugar/low carb diet along with probiotics be a good way of rectifying this problem?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Me and Able feel that natural antifungals are best; nystatin is a pharmeceutical grade of antifungal. Its up to you whether you want to use it or not.

Antifungals kill candida.
    Probiotics heal the body.
    The diet kils the candida and heals the body.

-Raster

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

I just want to encourage you! I am on week 2 of the diet after doing the cleanse for 10 days. I’m not symptom free by any means, but I know what I am doing is best for me. There are all kinds of storys on this sight, some people are going to be ahead of you some behind, but all the stories are helpful.
    I know it is hard to eat right, not to mention expensive. I am a stay at home mom and I find it hard to fill myself only with the foods on the diet, but I really think that it is worth it, although in the short time it is probably going to get worse.
    The thing I’ve learned the most about as someone mentioned before is self control. It is not a natural to have self control, it is a self discipline. I have had so many people say to me oh I just couldn’t do that. It basically comes down to what are you willing to do without to feel good.
    We are a society that likes quick fixes. Ridding yourself of candida is not going to be a quick thing, but putting more pharmacueticals in your body isn’t going to fix anything either. It will probably just cause another problem that you will have to take another pill to fix.
    It is time we realize that there are no quick fixes to disease.

Stick with it. The people on this sight are great. And raster and able have put in so much time to help us all get healthy. It would take a lot more surfing the web to find the information you want, but you can just come here and ask, and get feed back almost immediately. It is awesome!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘At a total loss…’ is closed to new replies.