Are we totally alone out here?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Are we totally alone out here?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

Personally, I battled this beast for over a year and am doing much better (thanks to you guys) but I am back in the battle with my niece who is suffering an extreme case of infestation. She has been on the diet for over 3 months with minimal success. She has been diagnosed with Epstein Barr and now a growth on her thyroid (to name a few) that needs to be addressed along with losing her long time relationship, job and insurance as a result. She is absolutely unable to work now on any level. She has spent a fortune on naturopaths and and their suggested supplements and has seen numerious “MD’s”). The last one insisted that she needs to address her immune system and the Epsteine Barr before she addresses the Candida. She insisted on her doing the D’Adamo blood type diet which, of course, resulted and a total Candida relapse. She is young (not yet 30) and was a vital athlete. Now, she can barely get out of bed. I fear not only her physical health, but mental well being and her life.
    She is back on our diet, but totally discouraged, with no medical support (Western or alternative) Is there no physician that can monitor her treatment and give her support? What the hell is going on in our system that someone this ill cannot find treatment without spending thousands of dollars to ‘practitioners’ (Western or alternative) who claim success IF you pay their price.
    Perhaps this is a vent for me and a vicious circle, but I seriously believe I am losing her. I am 65 and can deal with the possibly end of life. I have shared with her the results of my research (after literally hundreds of hours of research over a year and a half), which she has implemented to the “t”.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. She lives in Southern California (350 miles away from me) and I am at my wits end.
    Blessings to this forum!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I am afraid I cannot contribute much to this except to say that I am so very sorry for you and your niece. I know what it feels like to be completely debilitated, it is so discouraging… I do not have health insurance because of being self-employed and it being cost prohibitive so I feel your pain on the treatment issue.

I am sure that more informed members will reply to this post. But I just wanted you to know that I keeping you in my thoughts and bless your heart for caring so much about her so much. That will be a great deal of help for her right there, just knowing that you love her.

Katie

train21
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 21

I’m going to answer your question on medical and what seems like finance help. She could try to apply for social security, but most of this stuff is a joke. Surprisingly, calling your congressmen and writing to them can help things. I know people who where turned down for things and wrote and got help. So you never know. But yea, the medical system is messed up. I cant get any support from the government. I cant leave the house but yet they say I’m not disabled, very confusing to me. But try having her petition her congressmen. If you have lots of friends on facebook, or if she has lots of friends on facebook. Maybe you guys could setup a page on her behalf and tell her story, have people write to the congressmen for her. Maybe contact a paper? You have to get really creative.

Anyway I hope this helped. And as for the candida, she’s just going to have to kill that again. I have been battling it for a while because of bad advice from doctors, so I know where your coming from. I’m young (in my 20’s) and was on my way to be coming an musician, Now I cant do anything, it sucks badly.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would be very happy to send her to my naturopath here in Oregon who treats people from China to Brazil. He has 1000s of supplements and is on the cutting edge. He can treat patients remotely and send supplements.

I would focus on her liver first of all and then she will start to feel better.

-raster

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

Thank you, everyone. Your support helps me to know that we aren’t out there totally alone.
    train21, I appreciate your enthusiastic and creative suggestions. As you probably know, Social Security disability is a two year endeavor and you need ‘legitimate MD’s’ (oxymoron?) to accomplish it. I saw 8 doctors to no avail but finally got it on a side issue. If and when you get it, you are unable to work and supplement your income or you’ll lose it. The amount you get is minimal and certainly not enough to live on. I’d say it is pretty much a ‘death sentence’ for a young person such as you and my niece. As far as press and politicians, I have little faith. I have taken those steps in an ongoing battle to fight for safety protocol. I lost my son-in-law in an avalanche in March due to total lack of safety protocol in AK. Politicians and press have been useless after enormous efforts on our part. My positive attitude is dwindling in these areas. However, you have youth and enthusiasm on your side! You have music in your soul and you must continue to pursue it. You can still write music while you are down with this beast! In my experience, I have found some blessings that evolved from my many months of total disability. Since I was unable to get out of bed, I began to listen audio books and rediscovered a whole new world…a place that the beast couldn’t go. And you have the means for recovery through this forum. I would NEVER have made it without the help and support I got from Able900, dvjorge and raster on this forum. After hundreds of hours research, I found them to be my most trusted and reliable source. If I made it through this hell at my age, there is much promise that you, with youth on your side, can make it through!
    And, YES PLEASE, raster, send me that info. Her parents live in WA and can possibly get her to OR. Thank you again for all your help! I’d also know the specifics on your suggestion regarding her liver. I am beginning to see a flicker of hope! 🙂

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

I can empathize with what you are saying. I am 31, couldn’t cope with my music classes and practice, and my job as a college lecturer, and am still stuck in my research work after 5 years of enrollment with hardly any progress, since I do not understand anything because of the brain fog. I used to be an active volunteer in an organisation, but had to eventually restrict that too. I have been more or less bedridden and doctors called it Fibromyalgia. I did everything I could to make myself feel better, but nothing helped. There were times when I just couldn’t understand why am I really going on with life. I had not even heard of Candida/ Yeast overgrowth while I have it from 14 years in my body.
    The only one thing that helped me keep going was the peace I found in meditation. Since you express your concern about the mental well being of your niece, I feel it could be good idea if she tried meditation and pranayama, or at least simple deep breathing.
    As for the physical healing, I am no expert and am relying complete on this website for this aspect, and feel these guys here are just amazing.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

sallyf024;33739 wrote: Is there no physician that can monitor her treatment and give her support? What the hell is going on in our system that someone this ill cannot find treatment without spending thousands of dollars to ‘practitioners’ (Western or alternative) who claim success IF you pay their price.

There are MDs out there that are actually trained to know about candidiasis, and will therefore treat people for it. I managed to find such a doctor. See my post in this other thread (here) for information on how to find one.

Cheers

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I saw an interesting thing on Facebook today. It said “You have a right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one, one will be provided for you. If you need a doctor, you are on your own sucker!” In the U.S., it is sad but true. I can’t shop around for doctors. I am very lucky to have a university hospital that will treat me since I don’t have insurance and I make under a certain amount. But if I didn’t have that, I don’t know what I would do. It is a very sad state of affairs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Are we totally alone out here?’ is closed to new replies.