Apo-Lactoferrin

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Apo-Lactoferrin

This topic contains 21 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  oneflyride 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

The product I purchased is 300 mg and says flat out, “Contains milk.” Is this okay, and if so, should I take it less often (i.e. take it once per week)?

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

like able said, “you wouldn’t be drinking the milk and therefore the whey to obtain the Apo-lactoferrin, you would be taking a supplement of Glycoproteins which were extracted from the original substance.”

mine is Life Extension 300mg i’ve been taking once daily

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

Emsmith;41523 wrote: like able said, “you wouldn’t be drinking the milk and therefore the whey to obtain the Apo-lactoferrin, you would be taking a supplement of Glycoproteins which were extracted from the original substance.”

mine is Life Extension 300mg i’ve been taking once daily

Thanks, I have the same brand and strength. I guess people take this supplement for vastly different durations and in vastly different quantities.

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

Able,

I recently got the lactoferrin from the recommended link you posted (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00014D01Q/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

You mention that candida-sufferers should take the product in this fashion:

“Take this supplement only for a few days, then stop taking for about a week, then three more days. Stop it completely after about four weeks or as soon as you experience a reaction of any type.”

Does this mean that I should take the supplement in 3-day intervals for 4 weeks or that after the first couple 3-day intervals I should take the lactoferrin daily assuming I have no allergic reaction?

Thank you.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

DaughterNature;45706 wrote: Does this mean that I should take the supplement in 3-day intervals for 4 weeks or that after the first couple 3-day intervals I should take the lactoferrin daily assuming I have no allergic reaction?

I’m sorry I didn’t make that clearer, I will correct it in the post.

I wouldn’t take the Apo L for more than 27 days total. That’s 9 x 3 days with a week off every 3 days; but this is only if you’re absolutely
    sure that you need it and that you need it for that long. It wouldn’t hurt to have your iron checked halfway through.

Able

Rhaily
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi, I’ve been taking Colostrum for the past few months which contains lactoferrin. Is this as good as taking “Apo-lactoferrin”?
    What is it that people can be allergic to in Apolactoferrin?
    Many Thanks

oneflyride
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Hoping i can get some feedback here.

I slowly developed a mild to moderate form of anemia and i need to get my iron levels up quickly , which can be a tough job with candida. I’m eating lots of iron rich foods (can’t follow the protocol strictly emough at the moment, umfortunately) and lactoferrin seems to be ideal for me . My question is , should I purchase lactoferrin or apo-lactoferrin ? I’d prefer to avoid heavy die off symptoms and lactoferrin is a cheaper product , but at the same time apo lactoferrin seems to be more effective against candida? While lactoferrin has higher levels of iron? The 2 products I’m considering are:

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Lactoferrin-250-mg-60-Capsules/134

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Lactoferrin-Caps-60-Capsules/47818

Any suggestions? Able?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Apo-Lactoferrin’ is closed to new replies.