Any Tips on Increasing Bifidus?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any Tips on Increasing Bifidus?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lukey 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

A Nutr Eval test I had about 5 years ago said I’m low in Bifidus and high in Klebsiella.

I have not gotten much benefit from anti fungals oregano oil, coconut oil, GSE, garlic, etc., but I plan to keep taking them.
    I think I must need some probiotics so I got some Renew Life Ultimate Flora 15 billion with Bifidus and Acidophilus, and some Yogourmet CBA (Casei, Bifidus, and Acidophilus) yogurt starter with Bifidus. Will these things increase my bifidus?

Many foods cause mucus in my stools now and the eczema on my scalp is driving me up a wall. When I eat an offending food, the eczema gets worse immediately.
    I haven’t really ever taken a high dose probiotic but I am now.

It really doesn’t seem like the anti fungals are going to stop the eczema for me. I get no die off from them, or if I do, it’s very mild.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Lukey;59400 wrote: A Nutr Eval test I had about 5 years ago said I’m low in Bifidus and high in Klebsiella.

I have not gotten much benefit from anti fungals oregano oil, coconut oil, GSE, garlic, etc., but I plan to keep taking them.
    I think I must need some probiotics so I got some Renew Life Ultimate Flora 15 billion with Bifidus and Acidophilus, and some Yogourmet CBA (Casei, Bifidus, and Acidophilus) yogurt starter with Bifidus. Will these things increase my bifidus?

Many foods cause mucus in my stools now and the eczema on my scalp is driving me up a wall. When I eat an offending food, the eczema gets worse immediately.
    I haven’t really ever taken a high dose probiotic but I am now.

It really doesn’t seem like the anti fungals are going to stop the eczema for me. I get no die off from them, or if I do, it’s very mild.

Lukey,

I’m guessing you’re referring to the genus Bifidobacterium.
    I thought the bifidus nomenclature was dropped a long time ago.

In any case, I have to ask.
    Why do you think your Bifidobacterium would enjoy oil of oregano, GSE, and garlic?
    All of these anti-microbials will likely delete more of the remaining Bifidobacterium(and others) in your intestines (leading to the exacerbation of your eczema).

Short of a fecal transplant, your best bet for new Bifidobacterium is breast milk and milk ferments (e.g. Kefir, CSY, etc.). Also, Lactulose will increase the present population.

Good luck!

-D

Lukey

I’ve taken anti fungals because Lauricidin actually made my gut issues worse by it’s cheating action. I dealt with the same tings when I chelated with ALA for 2-3 years. Now that I found this out and stopped taking LC last night, my GI should improve.

This website says it’s OK to take probiotics and antifungals in the same day if they’re kept 2-3 hours apart. I am not taking mega doses of oregano but I’m trying to remove a 32 year case of Hep C with it, and am taking Ultimate Flora alongside it.

What’s CSY? I’m going to make yogurt with Yogourmet CBA starter.

I take whey protein and I think that contains Lactoferrin but not Lactulose.

I think it was you that once offered to refer me to an ND but then you never followed up on it and never replied back to me after I told you I was interested.

Danny33

Lukey;59410 wrote: I’ve taken anti fungals because Lauricidin actually made my gut issues worse by it’s cheating action. I dealt with the same tings when I chelated with ALA for 2-3 years. Now that I found this out and stopped taking LC last night, my GI should improve.

This website says it’s OK to take probiotics and antifungals in the same day if they’re kept 2-3 hours apart. I am not taking mega doses of oregano but I’m trying to remove a 32 year case of Hep C with it, and am taking Ultimate Flora alongside it.

What’s CSY? I’m going to make yogurt with Yogourmet CBA starter.

I take whey protein and I think that contains Lactoferrin but not Lactulose.

I think it was you that once offered to refer me to an ND but then you never followed up on it and never replied back to me after I told you I was interested.

Lukey,

CSY is Caspian Sea Yogurt.
    I was simply giving examples of lacto-ferments that contain Bifidobacterium.

Here is a link to Dr. Allan Leiberman’s office in North Charleston, SC.
    He is one of few candida Doctors still in practice from Trowbridge’s book “The Yeast Syndrome”. The Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine

I’m very confused when you call monolaurin a chelator?
    Can you post a link?

I would also question the whey protein as it is naturally antagonistic to adult flora. Whey, Colostrum, and Lactoferrin support infant flora (Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, etc.) not adult flora (Firmicutes, Bacteroidetes, Proteobacteria, Actinobacteria, Cyanobacteria, etc.).

Also, chelating with ALA alone could be dangerous for some people.
    IMO, it should always be paired with DMPS or DMSA. I’m currently compiling data from dozens of chelation studies of the main chelators. I have some interesting information of ALA-only chelation complexing and redistributing it the brain in a few cases. There is disproportionately more information on DMPS and DMSA then there is for ALA at this point.

-D

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

What is your diet?

Beneficial bacteria are increased by:

1. Adequate carbohydrate in the diet as your bacteria will feed off of mucin produced by your body. The more carbohydrate you eat the more mucin lines your digestive tract to feed your beneficial bacteria.

2. Fiber and resistant starch from vegetables, starches, and grains.

3. Prebiotic fiber supplements like plantain or green banana flour, inulin, potato starch, ect.

4. Fermented foods which contain probiotics and, or probiotic supplements.

Generally fermented foods and fibers from your diet will work a lot better than supplements.

Lukey

Hi,

The links are here :

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/lauricidin.2282/

http://www.danasview.net/yeast.htm

The eczema on my scalp got much worse yesterday just from taking 2 tsp of Daily Fiber Formula with oat bran in it. I’m so tired of this. My eczema is an absolute disaster. My hair is falling out.

I’m confused. I don’t know what to do or who to listen to. I went out and bought 35% FG h2o2 yesterday but I’m not sure if I dare to take it.

I guess I should now back off the anti fungals and take more probiotics in food and capsules.

Lukey

OK, I’ll take more probiotics foods and Ultimate Flora 30 billion daily.

Maybe I should take a break from Oregano oil too, although I’m hoping to kill off Hep C with it sooner or later.

If anti fungals were going to improve my eczema it would have done so by now.

Foods I do OK with are : cruciferous veggies except cauliflower, onions, canned organic tomatoes, olives, marinated artichokes, coconut, milk kefir and milk yogurts, hard cheeses, eggs, poultry, grass fed beef, nuts, seeds (seldom peanuts), Ezekiel bread, tahini, corn, millet. that’s about it.

Any other veggies makes my eczema get worse immediately.

I did ALA only rounds for 2-3 years following the Andrew Cutler PhD small frequent dose program. It made a mess of my GI tract. I quit ALA many months ago but the GI symptoms never went away, and I think that’s because of Lauricidin. ALA did my head a lot of good, and so did Lauricidin but I seemed to have removed much of the mercury toxicity I once had and now I no longer want to chelate, I just want to heal my gut and be able to eat all vegetables like I once could.

I have a feeling the ALA chelating killed off my good bacteria which made my eczema worse. If I eat even something very low carb like spinach or chard, it immediately makes my eczema worse. It causes some bad bacteria to multiply in my GI tract and I then see mucus in my stool and worse eczema.

Thank you for your replies to my post. I have never taken very much probiotics supps. I now take 15-30 billion Ultimate Flora daily, that’s the most I’ve ever taken.

I’ve only been off Lauricidin for a week or so. It may take me a while to recover from it.

Lukey

Dr Lieberman sounds like a very good MD but he’s 5 hours drive away from here.

Anyone in Knoxville TN, Winston-Salem, or Asheville?
    Even Roanoke is 3 hours vs 5.

Maybe I’ll quit taking the whey protein for now. It’s supposed to increase cellular Glutathione but for now maybe I should stop taking it. I usually take 1 scoop at supper time with org Milk Thistle and gelatin.

Lukey

At this time I got no benefit from anti fungals GSE, Oregano oil, and Berberine. No die off, not that I noticed.

Danny33

Lukey,

I don’t even know where to begin with the quoted passage from yeastinfectionadvisor.
    There is so much misinformation squeezed into those paragraphs that it’s scary.
    They clearly have no interest in reading the biomedical literature or any current research on the human microbiome. Be careful where you’re getting information from.

Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium typically represent less than 8% of the flora in a healthy adult. They’re good but you’re not going to fix your dysbiosis with them. You can take a trillion CFU a day if you’d like, but it’s not going to happen.

I think you will benefit from stopping the anti-microbials, your flora is crippled and needs to recover. I would expect less inflammation and some improvement in your eczema for now. If you benefiting from Ultimate Flora then by all means continue. I think that Prescript Assist and Probiotic-3 are at least decent supplemental probiotics.

Fermented veggies are far superior to any supplemental probiotic or lacto-ferment IMO.

Also, It may be worth noting the dangers of anti-perspirants and aluminum cookware to those with dysbiosis and/or heavy metal toxicity. I wouldn’t mention this all but recently I removed anti-persperants from my daily regimen with significant benefits. I have had a clearer head, better mood, and healthier skin. Yesterday I met a handful of people and remembered everyone’s name with no problem at all.

-D

lolcandida

In an average day what do you eat?

Lukey

Danny,

You could be right but I need to proceed with more probiotics supps. Probiotic foods don’t work fast enough for me, and/or don’t help at all.

It sure would be less confusing if more people out there could agree on more things. This site seems to agree with most of what I posted in the excerpt from yeastinfectionadvisor, in that they take both probiotics and antifungals like Oil of Oregano in the same day, just that they keep them 2-3 hours apart.

With Hep C I’ve had for 32 years, I don’t think I should stop taking OO Oregano. They say it will cure Hep C over a month or two. I just switched from the 25% to the 70% Carvacrol Super Strength OO Oregano. I only take about 10-12 drops daily. It’s antiseptic action on my liver might be what I’ve needed for many years. I love brushing my teeth in it. It may even reverse infection from root canals.

Lukey

lolcandida;59470 wrote: In an average day what do you eat?

Org chicken soup with cabbage, onion, broccoli, bone broth, coconut oil, Celtic salt, fresh pepper, turmeric.

Soft boiled free range eggs on Ezekiel bread with steamed broccoli, pumpkin seeds

Cabbage, onion, and canned tomato with grass fed beef, EVOO, olives, Celtic salt

Exciting huh?

lolcandida

I think you are not eating enough carbohydrate. To increase beneficial bacteria and beat candida a lot of carbohydrate is needed. The beneficial bacteria feed of mucin which lines your digestive tract and is equal to the amount of carbohydrate consumed. They also feed of soluble fibers and fibers found in starches. I would shoot for at least 1000 calories of carbohydrate per day mainly from starchy root vegetables like potatoes or sweet potatoes. You can also see if you tolerate sprouted beans or white rice. The rest of your diet looks excellent.

Here is a good series of articles about how to increase beneficial bacteria it is also applicable to candida:
    http://drbganimalpharm.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-cure-sibo-small-intestinal-bowel.html

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

The only safe way candida sufferers have to increase LAB in the colon is taking Lactulose. By the way, Lactulose is very selective feeding Bifidobacterium species and propably the best found so far as a selective prebiotic for Bifidos. Lactulose is a sugar alcohol and isn’t growing factor for fungus. Candida sufferers can not take Inulin, F.O.S, and starch based prebiotics because they aggravate.

Here is an old post about Lactulose:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10399_Lactulose—A-super-prebiotic.aspx

Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Any Tips on Increasing Bifidus?’ is closed to new replies.